Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ign tumbler '71
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
my '71 is missing the ign switch and tumbler. i just purchased this:

IPB Image

Hella PN# 191905855

they say its for a 71 but now i think it looks more like the 74's, going off this link:

http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php

does any body have picture of a tumbler and switch for a '71? in the rekey it shows a short tumb.

will the later tumb/switch fit in a '71?
914Sixer
That lock will work for 72-76. 70-71 is a different animal. It is the smaller one in the link picture.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(broomhandle @ May 27 2010, 08:09 PM) *

my '71 is missing the ign switch and tumbler. i just purchased this:

IPB Image

Hella PN# 191905855

they say its for a 71 but now i think it looks more like the 74's, going off this link:

http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php

does any body have picture of a tumbler and switch for a '71? in the rekey it shows a short tumb.

will the later tumb/switch fit in a '71?

you need a 91434790300. Factory or vw bug if you don't mind a dissimilar key
broomhandle
dang. so what i have thats in the picture is for a 72-76?

thanks autohausAZ... its under 71.

is this it:

IPB Image

PN# 113905853

its under 1969 beetle
tradisrad
I dont think either picture looks right. I bought mine from High Performance House in Redwood City. I recall that Rich had a few more in his shelf. They come with a factory key and key code card. I paid about $100. I then removed the rest of my locks and re-keyed the car. All locks work including the vallet feature.
broomhandle
QUOTE(tradisrad @ May 28 2010, 09:29 AM) *

I dont think either picture looks right. I bought mine from High Performance House in Redwood City. I recall that Rich had a few more in his shelf. They come with a factory key and key code card. I paid about $100. I then removed the rest of my locks and re-keyed the car. All locks work including the vallet feature.

100 would probably be all the locks. tumblers are about 20 bucks.

the 2nd picture is from a bug, which i thought the 914 used the same tumblers as the bugs, and the bugs changed just like the 914's.

there has to be somebody that has pulled out a 70/71 tumbler out there.... smile.gif
914Sixer
NO, the Bug tumblers are NOT the same key system. The locks are the same but the keys are completely different.
markb
If you can find a 70/71 ignition switch for $100.00, jump on it! They've been NLA for a long time. Used is usually all you can find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.