Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rims and tires question--Staggered or not
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
OK, here is the question. I have a set of deep six's that I was planning on puting on my stock bodied car. I recently found a set of 2 911R deep seven's. i was thinking of getting the sevens and using them on the car. the question is how does a staggered tire size affect the handeling of the car? I am figuring 215/50 in the front and 225/50 in the rear. I figure that there is no reason to run the sevens on the rear and the sixes on the front with the same size tire but what do you think? beer.gif

I should add, the car is going to have custom suspension and brakes all the way around and these rims would be used on the street and the track.
DanT
unless you have a big motor and need the extra traction in back, the only thing you will get from running bigger rear tires is more front push until you dial in the suspension.
I ran 6s and 7s with 205s and 225s on my 914-6 with the 2.7RS motor...needed the extra rear bite...but that car I could steer with the throttle biggrin.gif this was a narrow bodied car...ran normal offset 7s in the rear.
for a stockish 2.0L 4 I would probably go with square, but having a set of 7Rs I would be tempted to run them regadless because with the deep 6s they would look extemely cool on a narrow bodied car.
DanT
sorry 2x post
detoxcowboy
Gunner, On my stock 74 2.0 for 2 years I had staggered tires, 205 in the rear and 195 in the front, then just recently went 205 all around. Both ways are very good, at least for the street... after switching to square all around the steering felt for lack of a better description "thicker" or a touch "heavier" .. my 2 cents worth..
computers4kids
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 29 2010, 09:27 AM) *

OK, here is the question. I have a set of deep six's that I was planning on puting on my stock bodied car. I recently found a set of 2 911R deep seven's. i was thinking of getting the sevens and using them on the car. the question is how does a staggered tire size affect the handeling of the car? I am figuring 215/50 in the front and 225/50 in the rear. I figure that there is no reason to run the sevens on the rear and the sixes on the front with the same size tire but what do you think? beer.gif

I should add, the car is going to have custom suspension and brakes all the way around and these rims would be used on the street and the track.

Jonathan,
Are you sure you can get that wide of a tires, front and rear--especially the fronts, on a stock bodied car? I thought you bought Jamie's flares?

I run sixes in the front and sevens in the rear with the same size which fit nicely under the stock body but mine are BF Goodrich 205/45/16 Z rated .
IPB Image

On a side note, do you still happen to have the stock steering wheel that came on the red car I sold you? It was originally on my v875 and put it on the red car because the car needed a wheel. I would be interested in purchasing it if you have other plans. I might pull my momo off.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.