Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2.0L steel heat exchangers $200 Pirce reduced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Bump for price reduction

This is one of the few pairs of usable 2.0 steel heat exchangers that I have seen. They are dirty and rusty but the shells are tight on the pipes. $300 $250 plus shipping from 92505
Bruce

So I had the exchangers striped to get rid of all of the rust and grease inside and out.
Now that they are clean you can see that one needs some metal work around the box.

After...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Before.....
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image[s][/s]
bdstone914
Heat exchangers are out getting dipped and stripped. Soon to be dirt and rust free. New pics will be added.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:23 PM) *

This is one of the few pairs of usable 2.0 steel heat exchangers that I have seen. They are dirty and rusty but the shells are tight on the pipes. $300 plus shipping from 92505
Bruce

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Rav914
Bruce, any benefit to putting these on a 1911 vice the 1.7/1.8 HE's on there now? Would I need different J-tubes, different sheet metal, muffler, etc? Is this just a can a worms with little payoff? Thanks,

Nate
bdstone914
Yes there is a definite benefit. First of all I would have more money. piratenanner.gif
The benefit to your engine would be bigger exhaust tubes and less back pressure, maybe more HP. You would need to change the muffler bracket and muffler. J tubes and other heater tine stays the same.
What would make more sense is to get one of the 1.8L SSI sets I have. They have the bigger tubes, don't rust and your could keep your current muffler and muffler bracket. I have two pairs now. I think there is an ad out there some where with one of the pairs. $300 for the pair plus shipping.
Bruce

QUOTE(Rav914 @ Jun 13 2010, 02:32 PM) *

Bruce, any benefit to putting these on a 1911 vice the 1.7/1.8 HE's on there now? Would I need different J-tubes, different sheet metal, muffler, etc? Is this just a can a worms with little payoff? Thanks,

Nate

Rav914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 13 2010, 07:38 PM) *

What would make more sense is to get one of the 1.8L SSI sets I have.

Let me sleep on it. I'll be in touch.
bdstone914
Still available. Price reduced to $200.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.