Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad News my daughter has cancer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
76-914
I haven't said a prayer in years, until now. I just asked the old man to take a little bit of all us and give it to Rachel. I raised 2 daughters. God bless.
Pat Garvey
Like some others, I rarely pray. Did so tonight to the Big Guy.

Janice & I were never fortunate to have children, but we hold our nephews, nieces, grand-nephews and grand-nieces close to our hearts. We cannot even closely share your feelings, though we feel horrible. Nevertheless, major posi-feelings are sent your way.

Rachel - you have a special person in your Dad.

Our best wishes are sent your way. Stay the course!
Pat
Tom
Doug,
Positive thoughts coming your way every day. Stay positive for your daughter and yourselves, you will beat this. My wife is OK after 1 1/2 years, all tests good. It was tough on both of us, but the chemo paid off.
Tom
TonyAKAVW
The Dr's say germ cell ovarian cancer responds quite well to Chemo

Not being any kind of expert, but I think in general the faster the cells divide, the better they respond to chemo and radiation and from what you described that tumor was growing FAST. Best of luck!
Cheapsnake
You have all the positive thoughts we can muster and maybe even a prayer or two for good measure. Rachel, we need you here.

Tom & Sandi
914Sixer
Hang in there. I have been through breast and colon cancer with my wife. She is still here today. You must be willing to think outside of the medical box and look at different options. Chemo is legalized poison. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
championgt1
Prayers sent your way. I can't even imagine.

Rachel, beat this thing and keep us all posted.

Get well soon!

Lennies914
I've already said the first of many prayers and positive thoughts for your daughter and your family. Stay strong and positive.
Please post updates as to the progress of Rachel's recovery.
IronHillRestorations
Doug and Rachel, you are in our prayers. The advances in care are modern miracles. A double helping of hope from us to you!
Dr Evil
Hey Doug,

You have a good out look. Luckily it is a teratoma and as your onco said, they respond well to chemo typically. Stay positive. This, too, shall pass. Try not to freak out (I dont know how, but try wink.gif ). If I can be of help to you, feel free to PM me for my cell #. I like answering medical questions smile.gif

Tell Rachel to take care and stay positive. She looks like a beautiful girl smile.gif
MrKona
Doug,

So sorry to hear this new. Remember there is a big community here wishing your entire the family the best of luck and support.

- Bryan
montoya 73 2.0
I have two daughters 19 and 20! The oldest is last to leave the nest and thats going to be next week! I can't even fathom to think what I would do or how I would act if one of mine was told this from their doctor. You seem to be taking things in good stride at this stressful time, Your an inspiration for me!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Rachael! It's all about positive thoughts and doing what needs to be done! My wife sends her prayers and I send my words of wisdom. Stay strong young lady and you shall beat this!
BMXerror
Sorry for the news. Just keep it upbeat. She's young and strong, and you've got HUGE backing from us if you need it. We've seen the -World step up before, and we will here if need be. Let us know if we can help. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
RJMII
Sorry to hear of the news. I hope for the best for you. smile.gif I don't really know what I can do from here, but positive thoughts and vibes headed your way.
BiG bOgGs
Positive thoughts, wishes and prayers for you and your daughter.

Please keep us up to date as you feel comfortable.

My daughter is five, and thinking about this just rocks my world.

Jim
VaccaRabite
The very best of luck from my family to yours.
Zach
zymurgist
Sorry to hear this... but as other posters said, never give up and stay positive. Doing my best to send some positive vibes your way.
Sorry to hear..I wish your daughter the best in fighting this C thing.
I currently know of two women that are going through breast C treatment.

ALL THE BEST
balljoint
All kinds of positive thoughts for your daughter and your family, coming from Milton, Ontario. If we can be of some help here in the province let me know.
tdgray
Very sorry to hear this.. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

sad2.gif
BuddyV
Your family will make it through this....... sending all my best thoughts. cheer.gif
narino
Doug, I'm very sorry to hear your news. It's crazy to think someone so young would be diagnosed with such a terrible disease. In the last couple years I've had an alarming amount of young friends battle and beat this monster.

Wishing you and your family the best.

Root_Werks

sad.gif

6freak
Bummer .....Can`t even fathom what that must be like ..good thoughts head`n your way stay positive
jcambo7
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter! I am sorry to hear this.
rascobo
Doug,

I jokingly refer to myself as 'queezi- religous', but I know I don't know everything. Lots of studies of the power of prayer and positive thinking claim a measurable results. So what the hell, I figure We have close to 16,000 members who are all pulling for Her (doubt there are many churches with congregations that big).

And Rachel,

Hang in there darlin', a lot of progress made the last few years has made this beatable. Believe me when I tell You, that although few of us have met You, we all love You and our sending our energy Your way.

And finally, don't forget to find a reason to laugh. If need be I'll even post a picture of myself in my car where I overheard the following remark made by a teen to his friends oogling my ride at a crosswalk "Man, I can't wait till I'm old and fat so I can drive a car that nice!" lol-2.gif
JRust
Doug your family is in my prayers. It is tough seeing your child suffer through anything. I had to spend some time at Dornbechers childrens hosptial with my oldest girl years back. Scariest time in my life. Tough not being able to fix something & just rely on a stranger to do so. Luckily her stay was short & they got her all fixed up.
Cancer is a scary thing to be sure. Be strong for your daughter. Amazing how in situations like this many times the sick child is the strongest of us all. Just be the rock you have been to her all these years biggrin.gif . It will all work out in the end. Let Rachael know we are all behind her. We'll be rooting, praying & sending many get well wishes her way smile.gif
davep
Wow, just catching up on this. So sorry to hear of the problem. Where is she going for treatment now? The good news is that the success rate with cancer is over 50% and getting better.
fiid
Sorry to hear this news. Positive thoughts & vibes coming your way. Stay strong and fight it all the way.

tracks914
Dave: she is being treated in the Sudbury Regional Cancer Center. It's only 3+ hours from here.

Thanks all for your kind words, positive thoughts and support.
carr914
Doug & Rachel, Stay Positive, you will beat this.

My prayers are with you both.

Here is some interesting reading
http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/

all the best,
T.C.
sww914
I've been through a ton of medical problems with my boy (13) as well. 3 leg surgeries in 6 months that we're in the middle of now, but nothing life threatening lately. I wish I had something really good to offer you but I don't. I had religion before, I lost it years ago from this, but thinking positive always helps. If you give up, you lose 100% of the time. It helps to talk to other people about it, but only smart people.

I do have something useful to say. A family member recently had cancer reappear. He went on a hardcore anti cancer regime. Serious, serious diet changes amongst other things. The Dr's do their surgery, radiation, chemo, etc., and that's all good but there's a lot of other things that you can do that will also help that they won't do for you. Research and do every single crazy thing that might work. Some of it will help. My father in law went from "you're probably going to die soon" to "we can't find any sign of cancer in your blood" in a few months by doing everything else possible while waiting for the Dr's to decide what they should do.
Also, DO NOT rely only on whatever local bonehead Dr happens to be available. Find the very best and travel there. There is a big difference. My kid would have been dead before he was 2 if we had relied only on the local warm bodies. The very best saved him. He will grow old now.
Socalandy
Positive thoughts coming your way from us!! wavey.gif
Don M
Doug, what a beautiful young lady.... my wife and I are hopefull that this will be nothing more than a bump in her long and happy road of life.
slash5
i wish you the best from ny
elwood-914
I had cancer, so I know, everyone needs to be positive. cheer.gif
Prayers sent miss Rachel.
Lou W
My thoughts and prayers are with you. smile.gif
Gary
Doug,

As father of two daughters, I feel for you. Prayers sent on Rachel's behalf.

G.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.