Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake warning light switch reset?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skiking
I have read the information in this forum concerning having to reset the brake warning light switch after rebuilding the master cylinder. I've uncovered the switch in my 1975 914, and it is a single terminal with one brown wire attached. Apparently I need to remove the switch from the master cylinder to reset it? Will brake fluid come out when I do this? I'd really prefer not to have to bleed all the wheel cylinders if I can avoid it!

Thanks,
Robbie
1988Hawk
QUOTE(skiking @ Jun 5 2010, 04:56 PM) *

I have read the information in this forum concerning having to reset the brake warning light switch after rebuilding the master cylinder. I've uncovered the switch in my 1975 914, and it is a single terminal with one brown wire attached. Apparently I need to remove the switch from the master cylinder to reset it? Will brake fluid come out when I do this? I'd really prefer not to have to bleed all the wheel cylinders if I can avoid it!

Thanks,
Robbie

This switch is a button on the master cylinder, just press it and that should reset it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(1988Hawk @ Jun 5 2010, 03:11 PM) *
This switch is a button on the master cylinder, just press it and that should reset it.

agree.gif

The switch is next to the wire. Sometimes, there's a black rubber cap over it.

Just press it in ...
smash.gif Andy
McMark
Brake fluid will not come out unless the seals have failed. I just swapped a broken brake warning light switch on a completely bled system with no ill effects and no fluid came out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.