Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Bright flashes of welding coming from Area51Werks today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Cairo94507
Oh my! You have out of this world skills! w00t.gif
jd74914
That looks awesome Rick!

OT, but how do you like that Eastwood TIG?
Elliot Cannon
It looks like the copper strip is held on with clecos. Do you just weld the cleco holes to fill them when you're done? I should do more with my TIG but the MIG is just so EASY to use. biggrin.gif welder.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Aug 3 2013, 10:05 AM) *

That looks awesome Rick!

OT, but how do you like that Eastwood TIG?

That tig works awesome! Aluminum and steel. Best bang for the buck.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 3 2013, 01:13 PM) *

It looks like the copper strip is held on with clecos. Do you just weld the cleco holes to fill them when you're done? I should do more with my TIG but the MIG is just so EASY to use. biggrin.gif welder.gif

Yep. Easy to tig the 1/8" holes when your done. I switch from my mig to tig depending on what I'm doing.
r_towle
Dude,

Can you show the shield you are using with the speed blaster?

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 3 2013, 11:04 PM) *

Dude,

Can you show the shield you are using with the speed blaster?

Rich

Are you talking about a spot blaster (sand blaster)? I use gorilla duct tape and heavy plastic and tape off the area I want to spot blast. Then I either stick the nozzle through the plastic or insert the whole gun through. when your done there is less clean up. Not sure if this is what your asking.
rick 918-S
I'm wrapping up the Mercedes shell. My friend wants me to transport it to Romulus Michigan to get it e-coated. http://www.redi-coat.com/photos.html

He asked me to build a trailer that mounts the car by the jack points and has a single torsion axle that can be removed. So I'm building the frame on top of my Celette. The pins that lock the trailer frame to the car slide out and are locked with a grade 8 bolt. I drug out the old buzz box today to burn in the first pass on this 1/4 wall 2"X3" tubing. Then I multi pass over with the wire feed. With the heat the arc welder develops I don't have to pre-heat the 1/4 wall before running the mig welder.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
r_towle
You must have smoked something when you were younger....

Wild stuff man....nice job
JeffBowlsby
Art surpasses the sum of its parts. Talent is innate and cannot be learned as skills with experience can be.

Ricks unbeleivable talents + (time x money) = Art

What a privilege it is that you share your work with us Rick.
rick 918-S
After several years of sitting mounted to my Celette the Mercedes is finally off. I have to add a removable tong and axle to this frame and haul the car to e-coat.

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
Glad to see it getting done, that car has been appreciating all the years it's been on that bench....Ha
rick 918-S
Just reviewing this thread and discovered I failed to add some cool photos of the Mercedes after it was e-coated. The end result of all that welding. welder.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
effutuo101
A buddy of mine is thinking about picking up a little Mercedes compressor from auction so he can strip out the drive train and put it in an old Mercedes. way more skill than I have, but a cool idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.