Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Parts ! Door stay rollers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Whaile world has been down I've been busy.

I made the rollers for the door stay. This is the one that the ONE nylon bushing wears through and then flattens the aluminum arm.

If your door rollers have not been replaced, you may want to think about it as if they haven't they may be doing damage.

I have included some pictures of the process on one I rebuilt.

First the damaged roller that will allow the steel to flattent the ridges on the arm.
Mikey914
The damage it did
Mikey914
The unit before
Mikey914
Assembled
Mikey914
Rollers
dem
are you gonna do the aluminum stay too? mine are already worn flat! or is someone already selling these cheap?
Mikey914
These are done, would up being a little more work than planned $12 each
dem
Cool, I will wait til the door stay straps are available, then I need 2 sets. Mine are both shot.
underthetire
Well done, mine is shot as well.
Lennies914
No problem Mark, Just invoice Jeff for all and ship to me happy11.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 13 2010, 05:01 PM) *

No problem Mark, Just invoice Jeff for all and ship to me happy11.gif

Ha ha. I will split shipping with you, thats only fair.
jeeperjohn56
Hey Mark, I'll take two sets, one for each door when you get the door stays made also, send me a email when ready and cost. Thanks John driving.gif
Mikey914
Last day today for this pricing
Geezer914
I'll take a set with the door stays. Email when ready. Thanks, John
ChrisFoley
Too bad you're making a part that another member vendor already has covered.
eric914
I didn't see this till today. Can I still get two sets at yesterdays price? Email me your paypal address and i'll send $.
Mikey914
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jun 24 2010, 03:04 PM) *

I didn't see this till today. Can I still get two sets at yesterdays price? Email me your paypal address and i'll send $.

No problem, i've kind of kept this open for now as it took me longer to get the stays done.

You may not need the "arm" These tended to wear out on the drivers side first (big suprise), so the passenger side may only require the rollers. You could take off the door panel and shut the door to get an idea if you need the arm. It there is evidence of wear, you might want to think about it. If your wear is minimal, you could be good for another 30 years.
blitZ
I'm interested also. Is it $12 set per door? I don't see these on your website.
andys
I made a set of rollers a couple of years ago and quickly found that after assembly they may not rotate along the entire length of the arm if the straight knurl is worn off like in your photo. Only after I re-created the straight knurl did both rollers rotate without issue. If the rollers don't rotate, they'll probably wear very quickly and your effort may be for not.

Andys
Mikey914
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 22 2010, 09:20 AM) *

I made a set of rollers a couple of years ago and quickly found that after assembly they may not rotate along the entire length of the arm if the straight knurl is worn off like in your photo. Only after I re-created the straight knurl did both rollers rotate without issue. If the rollers don't rotate, they'll probably wear very quickly and your effort may be for not.

Andys

I did notice that rotation is an issue. I actually lubed the shafts that the rollers are on with some grease. I also used Delrin (instead of nylon) as it has execllent wear properties. Of the 4 that I've rebuilt, I have not seen the just sliding. They are rotating. I was concerned about using grease as it could attract dirt, but it is inside the door so it's not an exposed part. These should outlast factory, and even the factory ones did last many years.
Mikey914
Just to clarify the arms are $12 if you need them. the rollers are $19.99 for both doors.
I'm updating the site right now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.