Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revolution Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
A quick welcome to Tom and Jean from Revolution Wheels. They produce 15 and 17 inch wheels for our 914s.

I see they've posted in the 914 Resources forum already.

Welcome! clap56.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
StratPlayer
Yes welcome, and thanks very much for thinking of a deal on the RZX wheels, wonder how many to get a deal on those wheels. beerchug.gif
Revolution Wheels
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Just as with the 15" Millennium we need just 4 sets to be ordered to get the factory to gear up to machine the wheels and offer the discount.
If we were to get as many as 15 sets ordered, we can offer an even greater discount.
Let me just explain that once the CNC machines are set up the greater the volume of wheels, of the same type, that are ordered the better the price I get and pass along to you!
rick 918-S
wavey.gif Welcome, do you have a link to a site or some pictures to post? wavey.gif
StratPlayer
try this http://www.revousa.com/

Go to page 3 of this thread for some recent pictures
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...2&t=10062&st=40
URY914
I've had two sets of RFX's for 10+ years. 15 x7s with 5" backspace will allow you to run 205/50s.

Never-ever had a problem with them.

Paul
TimT
Question for Tom@revousa...

Why no 16's?

also I may need some thing like 17X9 and 17X11

perhaps.. 18's Ill have to find which size take off rubber is becoming available...

I noticed you made distinctions between rally/race and road wheels...

are the 3 piece wheels "race" wheels? and will they be available in various width offsets, and diameters?

FWIW Fikse wont sell us rim halves anymore......

fighting19.gif fighting19.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

We have dropped large coin with Fikse, and now they want the wheels sent back to them...to be resized!!!...

Thats BS!!!
djm914-6
This one looks pretty sweet!
IPB Image

Hmmm, can I get some 22s with 5 lug spacing to fit a 914. So who's with me to help get the price down? laugh.gif

Seriously though, it's nice to see companies catering to our little cars. Nice site too. I love the Alfa and 2002.
StratPlayer
In
Brett W
What do the 15s and 17s weigh?
maf914
QUOTE(TimT @ Apr 6 2004, 06:10 PM)
Question for Tom@revousa...

Why no 16's?

I've wondered the same thing, since the RFX style used to be listed on their site as available in 16". Is the non-availability just to reduce stock in the US?

I have a set of Revolution RFX 6.5" x 15" that I purchased directly from Revolution in England while working in Germany. They are good wheels and 205/60 tires fit very nicely.

Mike
Revolution Wheels
Good Morning,
I'll try to answer all your questions to date.
Revolution has not produced a 16" wheel for some time due to very low demand, with one exception, a 9x16 that is very popular in Germany.

We are always looking at the market to see what we may design for the future, and must be resourceful enough to cover the specialty market that we cater to. Although Revolution has been around since 1967, it is a relatively small company in the wheel world and this has a benefit in that we can produce wheels for cars like yours when most major players play to the masses, the downside is that we must limit our range to what we know will sell so we may stay in business! In the last year and a half, the folks in the UK have taken a hard look at what they want to do in the future and some of these new products are coming out this year, such as the Millennium. There will be others to follow.

The 7x15 Millennium Sport wheel weighs about 18 pounds and the 7x17 RZX Sport wheel weighs about 21 pounds. The design parameters such as caliper clearance, spoke design, incredible strength and durability dictate what the final weight is. The wheels are made with prime alloy, are heat treated and shotpeened.

We will have a 3 piece 15" 4-Spoke Race wheel later this year and as soon as I have the data on it we will post it on our web site.

Thank you,
Tom
Brad Roberts
Tom,

Brad Roberts here from High Permance House in Redwood City Ca. (NorCal) When is a good time to call and chat with you ? I have a wheel design that I was shopping to Japanese manufacturers. I would be extremely happy if we could do them stateside. The design would not only sell to the 914 crowd but to the 4 lug VW crowd as well.

B
Revolution Wheels
Hi Brad,
Our office hours are 9 to 5 PST Monday through Friday, and I am occassionally here on Saturday.
You can call 800-872-5894.
Thanks,
Tom
Gint
I have a wheel design that I was shopping to Japanese manufacturers. I would be extremely happy if we could do them stateside.

Right on! I want to see this deal work out. flag.gif
Mueller
Right on! I want to see this deal work out.

if I am correct, these rims are made in the UK, so more than likely, any new design would be cast there as well....

can we get a "business" trip out of this smile.gif
Revolution Wheels
Our wheels do come from the UK...as for that business trip, maybe we better wait until the exchange rate gets back to normal...hopefully!
Thank you,
Tom
Dave Bell
Nice looking wheels...

My calcs show a 205/50/17 coming out at almost exactly stock rolling diameter and a 205/40/17 coming out about 7% undersized.
Dave Bell
Graphic
StratPlayer
We drumming up enough business yet to get the group buy on the RZX wheels???
Mueller
Tom,

Does Revolution and Compomotive have any relationship besides both being manufactured in the UK??
Gint
USA, UK, at least we speak the same language. Sorta.
Revolution Wheels
Two answeres for two questions.

StratPlayer, we will be happy to take orders for the 7x17 RZX, and as of this week we do have 4 pad "Blanks" available to machine. At this point , since we just initiated this deal, all we need is for people to give us a call...800-872-5894...and make their order.

Revolution began life in 1967 and Compomotive came at a later date and the two are not related.

Thank you,
Tom
StratPlayer
Great, you'll be hearing from me... thank you very much rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.