Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moral Dilemma, vendor sent me wrong (better) stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobhasissues
I ordered a DeVilbiss dekups kit and gun adaptor from an online paint supply vendor for about $40.
The dekups kit part number is DPC 654
I receive FLG 654 which is a DeVilbiss Finishline 3 gun with three tips worth $170, but they did not send the adaptor I ordered.
I called the vendor explained the situation, they agreed to send the dekups kit with adaptor and send a call tag for the gun shipped in error.
I receive a dekups kit with the wrong adaptor.
I call again explaining I still do not have an adaptor that works with my gun and have a gun kit I did not order or pay for.
They agree to send out the adaptor and a call tag for the gun kit.
The FedEx guy comes Saturday with the adaptor but has no call tag for the gun.

I don't feeel good about keeping something that I did not pay for, but my feeling is that if I ship this back, someone on their dock will just keep the gun since they clearly did not do any paperwork to process the return.

I made two attempts to "do the right thing", should I call it a day and keep the gun? I don't feel great about it, but I'm thinking of sitting on it for another couple of weeks and putting it up for sale here at a bargain price.

Have I fulfilled my obligation to try to resolve this?

carr914
You did your part, no worries.

However, if you feel guilty about keeping it, send it to me happy11.gif
BigDBass
I think you should test it out spraying my car before risking yours. biggrin.gif
ME733
.....Your obligation is not over YET..........JUST SIT on this problem awhile..........leave it in the box.as shipped., for about SIX MONTHS.(or longer)...........Not making a decision NOW about what to do is a decision........they may try to bill your credit card later-if you do not have the stuff to return ?..your screwed.....as I said make no decision for about six months.................IMO.
jaxdream
Yep , and when they bill your credit card , the bank will honor the debit , send the vendor the money and you will have to straighten out the mess , wait on the vendor to credit back your money - the bank / credit card peeps will not give you the money back -a bunch of paperwork back and forth until problem is resolved, could take a few days , weeks ,months ?? depends on the vendors accounts rec / payable dept , how effecient , tenative , reasonable , etc. they are. You are trying to do right , but doesn't mean you won't get the screw in the end. Good luck ...

Jack / Jaxdream
underthetire
I had something similar happen with home shopping network sending me stuff I never ordered, but they didn't have my credit card info. I would just sit on it for 90 days. You tried, just like I did. I agree with you it doesn't sit right in your belly, but after trying and trying you just say f it and be done with it.
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Jun 16 2010, 09:34 AM) *

I ordered a DeVilbiss dekups kit and gun adaptor from an online paint supply vendor for about $40.
The dekups kit part number is DPC 654
I receive FLG 654 which is a DeVilbiss Finishline 3 gun with three tips worth $170, but they did not send the adaptor I ordered.
I called the vendor explained the situation, they agreed to send the dekups kit with adaptor and send a call tag for the gun shipped in error.
I receive a dekups kit with the wrong adaptor.
I call again explaining I still do not have an adaptor that works with my gun and have a gun kit I did not order or pay for.
They agree to send out the adaptor and a call tag for the gun kit.
The FedEx guy comes Saturday with the adaptor but has no call tag for the gun.

I don't feeel good about keeping something that I did not pay for, but my feeling is that if I ship this back, someone on their dock will just keep the gun since they clearly did not do any paperwork to process the return.

I made two attempts to "do the right thing", should I call it a day and keep the gun? I don't feel great about it, but I'm thinking of sitting on it for another couple of weeks and putting it up for sale here at a bargain price.

Have I fulfilled my obligation to try to resolve this?

<disclaimer>.... I seriously don't mean to come off preachy here....</disclaimer>

The fact that it is nagging at you tells you that keeping the gun is not the right thing to do. I'm also not ignoring the fact that you are being inconvenienced for doing the right thing.

At the end of the day, it's really pretty black/white.... if you didn't pay for it, it ain't yours.

I feel for you in that it sucks to be inconvenienced..... but that doesn't change what is right and wrong.

Just my $.025

Mike
bandjoey
I'd call and go for the $40 gun for free for all the trouble they've put you through, but the big gun is theirs, unless you go ahead and pay the higher price. Eventually they'll come calling for the higher priced gun or the money. If it works that much better, use it and sell it on World to one of our body people at a discount.
koozy
If it doesn't sit right with you now, it never will. Take pride in that. It may be a pain but call for a return or just send it back and let them know you did so by sending them the tracking number and making sure someone at their end has to sign for it. What someone at their facility does with it is not the issue here. It's likely that if you send it back it will just end up back in their inventory. And, you won't have a hard time looking at that guy in the mirror.

sean_v8_914
I passed on a parts car for 300 bucks. it had 15 x 8 and 15 x 10 centerlines and the rest of the car was straight. I need those wide 4 lug wheels for my Hoosiers....the car had switched vins

while part of me regrets passing on this hinky cash cow, my moral compass is stead fast, strong and intact.

do what you need to do to stay true to the man you have endeavored to become
IronHillRestorations
Go with your own gut feeling. You've got to be able to look yourself in the mirror, and sleep well at night. Then there's that karma thing.....
jimkelly
if you have to ask - you already know the answer - KEEP IT - just kidding : )
bobhasissues
QUOTE(koozy @ Jun 16 2010, 12:43 PM) *

....send it back and let them know you did so by sending them the tracking number and making sure someone at their end has to sign for it. What someone at their facility does with it is not the issue here.....

I thought about just sending it back at my own expense, but I'm not confident it will be properly documented and returned to inventory to clear me of any future claims. To address some other responses, I was only charged for the kit I ordered, the packing slip showed the kit but the picker packed a gun in error so on paper they don't know they sent me the gun. I don't need this gun, the one I have is a level or two better. I'll call them again and see if they can issue a zero value RGA with my name on it so it will all be documented. If they can't manage that, then I'll stop feeling guilty about it.
Thanks for all the responses.
EdwardBlume
Talk to them. They may just say keep it.
underthetire
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 16 2010, 12:33 PM) *

Talk to them. They may just say keep it.

Thats what HSN told me, then the UPS security guy shows up at my door. Not a big deal since I told HSN the crap in on the doorstep. if you want it have UPS come get it. They told me they can't call UPS and I would have to make the arrangements. Ha, ya right.
brp986s
Well, this was an interesting dicussion. Since the issue seems to have been resolved, I hope the OP won't mind the 'jack.

I realize this a car forum, but can we quit with the trailing/segmented sentences? For instance: Do this now or you'll regret it.....
Well, maybe once in a while, but every frekin' sentence? Gets kind of annoying....really does.....know what I mean....Huh....?

Another. Attempting to elicit a response using a "?" without actually posing a question. For instance: I dunno what to do?

Maybe we need a grammar czar?.....Or something?....
Root_Werks
Recently had some parts sent to me I didn't order. I called the vendor right away. If he would have said "Keep them", I would have.

Vendor was very thankful and had me send them off to the proper place.

Good Karma. smile.gif
carr914
QUOTE(brp986s @ Jun 16 2010, 03:58 PM) *

Well, this was an interesting dicussion. Since the issue seems to have been resolved, I hope the OP won't mind the 'jack.

I realize this a car forum, but can we quit with the trailing/segmented sentences? For instance: Do this now or you'll regret it.....
Well, maybe once in a while, but every frekin' sentence? Gets kind of annoying....really does.....know what I mean....Huh....?

Another. Attempting to elicit a response using a "?" without actually posing a question. For instance: I dunno what to do?

If we need Grammer Police, it ain't gonna be you, cuz I don't know what you just said.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:40 PM) *

If we need Grammer Police, it ain't gonna be you, cuz I don't know what you just said.

agree.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 16 2010, 08:40 PM) *

I was able to extrapotate enough info to say we should nominate Scotty B as the Grammer Police. smile.gif
detoxcowboy
"BOBHASISSUES" blink.gif

Bob, No Matter the issue, If your bothered in your concious, mind or otherwise then you have to act to resolve it. You know the answer because it is a dilema, get rid of the dilema, do not keep it and give it back that is the only way to resolve your issue entirely.. anything else will keep a bit of infection in your mind..

To keep the dilema unresolved fully is to create bad "karma" bad karma is just unresolved issues, good karma is resolved issues no matter cost to you..

When you keep problems in your head or on your plate you create a drag on yourself.. Karmic Drag.. Get enough of it and you end up in more serious issues, or likely become "due" for some trauma as to relive yourself of the pain...

It is the little things that kill,...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.