Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Umbrella Covers For 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
Just a friendly note .... The famous Perry Kiehl Umbrella Cover is available again. He has 5 left in stock for anyone looking.

If you haven't seen one of the these, they are outstanding quality and FIT.

I have no stake in this, but this is the second one I have bought from him.
rmital
one of the best accessories I purchased for my 914 aktion035.gif
gms
great top and a hell of a great guy!
zymurgist
want. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Got! But I agree, if you don't you do need!
zymurgist
I've been looking for something like this for my Corvette for years.
jeeperjohn56
What is the cost for the cover? How do we get awhole of this guy? John confused24.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jun 16 2010, 12:06 PM) *

What is the cost for the cover? How do we get awhole of this guy? John confused24.gif

I wouldn't call him awhole .... biggrin.gif

Perry Kiehl
member 9146986
1-800-867-4712
email perry@qsnap.com

cost is $125.00 shipped Con US

Ok, Perry ... NOW you owe me a commission av-943.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 16 2010, 02:13 PM) *

one of the best accessories I purchased for my 914 aktion035.gif

agree.gif

Top notch quality product and worth every penny. You can't go wrong with one of Perry's umbrella covers.
McMark
Great for saving your dash when you park out in the hot sun.
jim_hoyland
agree.gif Best cover around smile.gif
BigDBass
I'd like one with a custom clear vinyl "windshield", then I could drive in the rain with my umbrella. Right? RIGHT?!
IronHillRestorations
Good one Dan!

I tried to tow a car with one on, once. Worked fine up to about 30 mph and then it opened up like a parachute.
Eric_Shea
Dan's in Chicago. He can't get it up to 30! biggrin.gif

+1 for the umbrella +1 for the Perry.
john grier
If you do not have enough garage space these umbrellas are what you need.
I have at least 2 for my 914's and one for the 911.
They keep out all the rain even if you get 14 inches in three days.
They also keep out the sun so the interior stays cool.
Very easy to put on and take off
It takes about a minute.
I like to put it on at night and take it off when I go to work as it keeps all the condensation off the windsheild.
VaccaRabite
I have one. They are great.

Zach
Cevan
aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
BigDBass
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 16 2010, 05:07 PM) *

Hey now, with my non-stock tire size, I can at least pretend I'm going 34MPH!
nick73-914
Just emailed him! Necessity would be an understatement biggrin.gif
Lennies914
Saving my pennies. Hope to have one by the end of the month!
nick73-914
Just emailed him! Necessity would be an understatement biggrin.gif
markb
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 16 2010, 04:45 PM) *

I have one. They are great.

Zach

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
I'd like one for my Boxster; hint, hint.
Socalandy
Thanks Ron, Just called to order one
IronHillRestorations
Sold out for the next few days, should have a few more by the end of next week, first come-first served.

ps - I haven't forgot Jim! Just a continual train wreck here.
IronHillRestorations
OK 914 lovers, I've only got 5 Umbrella Covers left in stock on a 1st come-1st serve basis.
Kirmizi
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1331592
And your butt and thighs if you wear shorts! biggrin.gif
zx-niner
Sent e-mail to reserve one in the next batch. Will PayPal immediately upon confirmation of availability and address to send the money to. Been waiting for these to be available!
Lennies914
Payment sent! piratenanner.gif
jcambo7
PM sent.
IronHillRestorations
Only 3 left, if you want one of these don't drag your feet!
Dr Evil
I won one at the WCR 2010 in Tahoe and it was one of the prizes I REALLY wanted. The quality and use is just perfect smile.gif thumb3d.gif
FourBlades

I would like one, gonna drive my car to work now!!!

John
zymurgist
I got mine, it's very nice. Pity that there are no 914s in my garage to try it on.
jsayre914
any left??

I just sent you an email.

I really really want one. chowtime.gif
IronHillRestorations
I'm waiting on fabric right now. I have five covers on back order right now. The mill doesn't have any good news. I'm looking at other material options. I've been the only buyer for that fabric for the past five years!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:00 PM) *

I'm waiting on fabric right now. I have five covers on back order right now. The mill doesn't have any good news. I'm looking at other material options. I've been the only buyer for that fabric for the past five years!

I'd take one too , so let me know when you get the material and are ready to make them.

Phil. W.
jsayre914
Here is my temporary umbrella cover while I wait biggrin.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 16 2010, 06:07 PM) *

+1 for the umbrella +1 for the Perry.

If anyone tells you they can "get it up" to 30, they are lying.

lol-2.gif
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:01 PM) *

All you need is 5 bungees and u got your own umbrella top. No need to add weights.......

One bungee at each corner to the rims and one to the back bumper and your set...
My tarp is grey tho biggrin.gif

I would be interested in one of Perry's also...when I get my car painted, and Lord only knows when that will be???

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Oct 5 2010, 02:01 PM) *

Yeah, well here is my tempory while I wait.

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Perry...email sent. I think that I also PM'd about 4 months ago . Check your inbox.
Thx !
Marty
IronHillRestorations
Got you down Marty!
IronHillRestorations
Good news! Found the same material, the only difference is it's off white, not the gray.

So the covers are now in white only.

Should have material around the first of the week, and then covers to ship around the 18th!
IronHillRestorations
I have 914 Umbrella Covers in stock! As posted before, they are now white in color as that's all I could get.

It looks like the vinyl coated fabric that we've been using for the past 15 years is discontinued. Brad Mayeur got some of the first ones, and they have been outside for much of that time and still keep the car dry. They are kind of stiff and he's replaced the shock cords, but that's a pretty good service life. For your occasional use they'll last a very, very long time, and save your 914 interior from UV and rain.

You can call your order in to my main business (Q Snap) and pay with Visa, MC, or Disc. to 800-867-4712. You can send payment by PayPal to: payment@qsnap.com

Supplies truly are limited. There are nine (9) availble on a first come first served basis.

I've been looking into other materials, but the cost is quite a bit more than the what I've been using, and they aren't WATERPROOF.

I've been on a continual search for more material, but it's not looking good. If you've been thinking about getting one of my covers, DON'T WAIT!
brant
Perry, what is the current price with shipping
and do I have to call, or can I handle the whole thing (my address also) through paypal.

brant
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 20 2010, 08:43 AM) *

I have 914 Umbrella Covers in stock! As posted before, they are now white in color as that's all I could get.

It looks like the vinyl coated fabric that we've been using for the past 15 years is discontinued. Brad Mayeur got some of the first ones, and they have been outside for much of that time and still keep the car dry. They are kind of stiff and he's replaced the shock cords, but that's a pretty good service life. For your occasional use they'll last a very, very long time, and save your 914 interior from UV and rain.

You can call your order in to my main business (Q Snap) and pay with Visa, MC, or Disc. to 800-867-4712. You can send payment by PayPal to: payment@qsnap.com

Supplies truly are limited. There are nine (9) availble on a first come first served basis.

I've been looking into other materials, but the cost is quite a bit more than the what I've been using, and they aren't WATERPROOF.

I've been on a continual search for more material, but it's not looking good. If you've been thinking about getting one of my covers, DON'T WAIT!

price? confused24.gif
IronHillRestorations
Price is still $125, which includes USPS Priority Mail to conUS addresses. Sorry should have included that in the later post.
Brett W
I would like one at least. You still have them?

As for materials? What about some of the newer Silicone Nylons or or waterproof breathable fabrics used in some of the high performance outdoor gear? There an many different types out there. They may be a little more expensive though.

anderssj

Thanks for your efforts on these covers pray.gif

PM/PayPal sent.

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.