Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more electrical
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixers34926
Click to view attachment

should there be another relay where my finger is pointing to? If so could this be affecting my no start problem?
RJMII
Do you have a test light? DVOM? cell phone through Verizon?

I'm almost out of minutes, but if you're on VZ I'll PM you my number and see what help I can be over the phone.
Cap'n Krusty
All the engine related relays are in the engine compartment. The Cap'n
rwilner
I'm not sure what that socket does, but...

i didn't have a relay installed there when i bought the car, and the car ran just fine.

I bought another relay and installed it just because. no difference
rhd914
HI, I thought that was for the buzzer to warn that you left the key in the ign with the door open.
Geoff.
sixers34926
i didnt think it had anything to do with the engine either but i just cant figure out whats going wrong with the electrical system and i was hoping it was an easy fix like a new relay or something
detoxcowboy
was it starting before? your 3rd fuse from the right has electrical tape over the spade connection, and you have one red or 2 wires total disonnected wires with electrical tape going them.. that looks suspicious to me..
ClayPerrine
I bet you don't have foglights on your car, do you?

I think that is the foglight relay socket. It is empty if you don't have foglights.
rwilner
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 23 2010, 04:38 PM) *

I bet you don't have foglights on your car, do you?

I think that is the foglight relay socket. It is empty if you don't have foglights.

my foglights worked when i didn't have a relay in that socket
Mike Bellis
There were only so many relays that can be there, which one are you missing?
Horn
Fog
Key Buzzer
Rear defrost

If you have a cranking problem it could be the seatbelt relay under the passenger seat.
jt914-6
The blank spot most likely where the buzzer goes. It has a metal cover on it. If you have a seat belt interlock realy under the passenger seat your car would be a '74 up year model. If so, connect the two large yellow wires together to bypass it.
sixers34926
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jun 23 2010, 01:31 PM) *

was it starting before? your 3rd fuse from the right has electrical tape over the spade connection, and you have one red or 2 wires total disonnected wires with electrical tape going them.. that looks suspicious to me..

Detox it was starting before but after sitting for a couple months untouched i went to start it and smoke began coming from the fuse panel. the next i went to take a look and it looked like the wire going to the 10th spot on the fuse panel was fried and melted. i was told i could just cap off that wire and it wouldnt affect the anything cuz i think it was for the fog light. so i did this and now when i turn the key nothing happens.. no lights on the dash no fuel pump no starter motor so im lost what t do next.

Im only 18 and im decent with mechanical stuff but i know nothing about electrical unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.