Let me know what to bring or how much $$ to donate so no one

gets stuck with the big ticket! driving.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 5 2010, 09:17 PM) *

I'll be there also.

Let me know what to bring or how much $$ to donate so no one

gets stuck with the big ticket! driving.gif

agree.gif Good thinking.

BTW - We'll have the 914 top off NORD, lemme know if you want me to bring that LE spoiler for you. wink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 5 2010, 02:11 PM) *

Will need a head count on how much food to prep for this BBQ thing.....

I have the BINFORD BBQ and a couple other BBQ ways. Who knows what method I will use. So I figure I need at least 7 days lead on the total.

Thinking Atomic Buffalo Turds for sure! chowtime.gif

Will figure out the BBQ meat later.

-Mark

You got it. I've edited the 1st post, listing everyone who has indicated they make it. At the moment that's 22 names, not counting spouses or kids. Please help us update/confirm the list so we've got an approximate idea.

Atomic Buffalo Turds? Will we need radiation suits? chowtime.gif
pjhaun
My wife and I will be there. What do we need to bring? Can I bring my little trailer with a picnic table.
Picture attached.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Thank You!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.
KELTY360
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 6 2010, 09:40 AM) *

My wife and I will be there. What do we need to bring?
Thank You!!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.

Look forward to seeing you and your wife. I'll add you to the list. Will you be bringing that gorgeous blue v-8? As far as food, bring your beverages and a favorite dish - casserole, salad, dessert, whatever. We'll have a kitty jar to cover expenses.
pjhaun
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 6 2010, 09:57 AM) *

Thank You!!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.

Look forward to seeing you and your wife. I'll add you to the list. Will you be bringing that gorgeous blue v-8? As far as food, bring your beverages and a favorite dish - casserole, salad, dessert, whatever. We'll have a kitty jar to cover expenses.

Sorry, my car only has a fuel injected Buick 4.1 V6.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 3 2010, 09:03 PM) *

I will come, not in the Teener but in the 996, my daughter will for sure join me and maybe I can convince my wife smile.gif We will bring some salad and cake. At which time do you plan to start?

Being truly arbitrary, how does 2:00pm sound. That gives people coming from a distance time to get here.

Anyone have any other ideas on a start time?
KELTY360
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 6 2010, 10:07 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 6 2010, 09:57 AM) *

Thank You!!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.

Sorry, my car only has a fuel injected Buick 4.1 V6.

Oops, my mistake. At least I got the color right. Right?
mstein95
I don't want to give everyone salmonella poisoning by bringing potato salad up from Eugene (5 hours sitting in direct sunlight in the passengers seat)
barf.gif
so please advise on what other item(s) I can bring besides $$$.

chowtime.gif
JRust
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jul 6 2010, 11:47 AM) *

I don't want to give everyone salmonella poisoning by bringing potato salad up from Eugene (5 hours sitting in direct sunlight in the passengers seat)
barf.gif
so please advise on what other item(s) I can bring besides $$$.

chowtime.gif

Just prepare like me. Buy stuff at the store dwon the road biggrin.gif . I'll be there & will bring whatever is requested chowtime.gif
aircooledtechguy
Me and my son will be coming fo sho.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 6 2010, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 3 2010, 09:03 PM) *

I will come, not in the Teener but in the 996, my daughter will for sure join me and maybe I can convince my wife smile.gif We will bring some salad and cake. At which time do you plan to start?

Being truly arbitrary, how does 2:00pm sound. That gives people coming from a distance time to get here.

Anyone have any other ideas on a start time?

I will be there. 2 PM is good .

Jerry

Root_Werks
2PM, sounds good!

driving.gif
Todd Enlund
Same day as the Portland Bridge Pedal... I won 't make it sad.gif
NORD

Am I going to have to make a maccarronni Salad with shrimp, tuna, olives,

Sharp cheddar cheese, sweet pickels and hard boiled eggs? If you want me

too I will. Bring your own colesteral pills driving.gif

Dan we'll talk before about the Valance.
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 6 2010, 04:31 PM) *

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm afraid you're on the hook. Are you coming alone or will you have a supervisor?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 6 2010, 04:31 PM) *

Hey NORD, All that sounds good, make sure you keep it refrigerated for the trip.
Or we'll need 10 honey buckets on site lol-2.gif poke.gif

I'll be there, I'll see what my wife wants to make for me to bring.
Mr.242
welder.gif I'm still cruisin on the BBQ build. welder.gif
I have my good friend who competition BBQ's under the name "Uncle Jeb's BBQ" is going to help smoke up some delicious treats. Might just use some UDS's: Ugly Drum Smokers. 55 gallon barrels that make amazin fixins!
Click here for an example:
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224

(Don't get lost on that site or board people, it will just make you too large to fit in a 914)

I will BEG my father to allow me to drive his SIX and join 6Freak as a family event. Hopefully, the parental unit just comes along.

It will be great to hang out!

Bad news: It's SeaFair weekend. Working for Da' man, I hope they don't jack my schedule and make me work for that event. Cross yer fingers!

2pm is great.

beerchug.gif
Tom
I,m thinking. Really sounds like a good thing. Mainly depends on my back. If I do come, I'll brings something like chips, etc.
Tom
KELTY360
Saw this was the last thread on page 1, so i thought I'd channel ConeDodger and try a little cheerleading bump.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Only 31 days till the NW Teeners BBQ! You're all invited! Bring the wife! Bring the hubby! Bring the girlfriend! Bring the mistress! Not both!

Whew...I'm out of breath. Don't know how he does it. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

KELTY360
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Down to 30 days left. Can't believe you guys let this fall to Page 2. Let me hear if you're going to attend.

Don't take this as a threat, but if I don't hear from more of you I'm going to invite Greenie.......that'll teach ya shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Tom
Marc,
Did I miss the directions to get there? From Edmunds ferry.
Tom
PanelBilly
Any suggestions as to what I should bring? Has anyone stepped up for plates and forks ect?
KELTY360
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 9 2010, 05:44 PM) *

Marc,
Did I miss the directions to get there? From Edmunds ferry.
Tom

Sure Tom, how's this? Directions from Edmonds Ferry Dock

The close up view also gives you a nice idea of Garrett's 'back yard'. See you there.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 9 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Any suggestions as to what I should bring? Has anyone stepped up for plates and forks ect?

Sounds delicious biggrin.gif Actually, that's a great idea. We can figure out what we need when details firm up. Thanks.
JRust
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 9 2010, 04:46 PM) *

Down to 30 days left. Can't believe you guys let this fall to Page 2. Let me hear if you're going to attend.

Don't take this as a threat, but if I don't hear from more of you I'm going to invite Greenie.......that'll teach ya shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Damn you just had to post the pic of my LE not running at WCR sad.gif . Well don't worry it probably won't make this event either mad.gif
InkyP
Oh I am up for this as well.

In fact if any out of towners want to come up on Saturday I have room at my house for a few teeners. My house is only 10 minutes away for Edmonds.

Just let me know what I need to bring.

Inky
dinomium
I really want to attend, I will be in the maybe category until I get my August schedule worked out...
Coy
I will have to remain in the maybe category for now...
greenie
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 9 2010, 02:46 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You must be getting really desperate Kelty! chair.gif

Thanks for the very nice PM & speciall invitation!

I'm in for the BBQ. chowtime.gif beerchug.gif Gonna be quite the turn-out.

What's with the 914 guys always bending over?

A recent photo of Greenie...

Can I bring my 911?
InkyP
Oh please bring the 911! driving.gif

That way my green will not feel like a beat up old girl next to your hottie. She has a long way to go!

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 11 2010, 09:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Can I bring my 911?

dinomium
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jul 11 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Oh please bring the 911! driving.gif

That way my green will not feel like a beat up old girl next to your hottie. She has a long way to go!

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 11 2010, 09:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Can I bring my 911?

agree.gif that is if mine is ever off the stands... blink.gif
KELTY360
[quote name='greenie' date='Jul 11 2010, 09:16 AM' post='1342179']
[/quote]

Can I bring my 911?
[/quote]

Desperate men do desperate things.

Your attendance guarantees a boffo banquet.....now we have somebody to roast! happy11.gif

By all means bring the donor, we can have a drawing for conversion parts.

BTW, you look so natural assuming the position. Reflex?

bye1.gif

NORD

Did I here that there may be 911 parts for Door Prizes? Super!!!!!!!!

I will bring the Salad that I described and as far as a date, we'll see.

driving.gif
TC 914-8
icon_bump.gif Took me 20 min to find this, I felt a bump was in order
Mr.242
Okay BINFORD is coming along nicely. Next weeked it HAS to be done for my friend who is helping us BBQ on this glorious day in August.

So the questiong is can I bring this BBQ up early in the week and place it in the yard area BEFORE the event?

My dad has agreed to let me drive his SIX to the event. beerchug.gif

I can't tow this BBQ with the SIX and I really don't want to be making lots of trips that day.

Please let me know so I can figure out the logistics of setup and BBQing. rolleyes.gif

Mark
PeeGreen 914
Pretty sure Garrett wouldn't mind but I'll leave it to Marc to ask biggrin.gif . His car is coming along well. I have the locks all nice and refreshed, engine is out but that's all, and the front is dropped about two inches to get it to the stock height. aktion035.gif
KELTY360
Thanks for the bump Tony. I've been out of the loop for a week with some big projects that should all be out of the way by Tuesday. I'll probably be talking to Garrett tomorrow about a similar topic - delivering the portapotty in advance in order to avoid weekend delivery charges. I don't expect any problems with having the BINFORD on-site early. Mr. 242, when do you think you'd like to bring it over?

It's only 3 weeks away, so it's definitely time to nail down the details.

jsharp.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Got a call from Garrett yesterday. He wanted to offer his 'yard' for a BBQ. For those who haven't followed recent events in the Tuesday Teeners thread. Garrett lives in Edmonds on a gorgeous piece of property that is ideally suited for a BBQ and car show. He claims they have had up to 60 cars arranged on the grounds in the past. It would be like having a private park for the day.

First off, we would need to decide on a date, somewhere from mid July to mid August. Either Saturday or Sunday is fine with him. Obviously there would be a few logistics to work out, but let's see who's interested and establish a date first. The rest can fall into place.

Here's a few looks at the site from the most recent Tuesday Teener gathering.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Let me know what you guys think.

Edit (7/3): Date is Sunday, August, 8

Details:

You don't have to bring a Porsche to attend, but it's highly recommended. Any Porsche will do, even donor cars happy11.gif .

We'll probably need to arrange for a portapotty. Donations accepted.

Food: Mr 242 is working on bringing a mega BBQ and he may have some special plans for meat, so stay tuned. I think we should go potluck style and have people bring another dish to share; salad, dessert, casserole, chips, etc.

Don't want to get over-organized for this, but if anyone has ideas for activities, etc., chime in.

The new portion of this post will also be placed at the current of the thread for comments.

Unofficial head count: I'm listing all the people who've said they may attend. This is just to get an approximate number. If you're listed and can't make it, let us know. If you're not listed and can make it, let us know. Also, give us an idea of how many people you'll be bringing with you.

Messix
70 914
Daiberl & daughter
Mr. 242
davesprinkle
aircooledtechnology
jmmotorsports
JRust
TC 914-8
rjames
Root Woorks
rdauenhauer
NORD
scotty
jsaum
Coy
Phoenix Red 6GT?
greenie??
mstein95
Zaney
PanelBilly
helios
KELTY360
pjhaun & wife

Good to see a good turnout! Wish I could make it and where's DHunt on the list?
Root_Werks
Michelle and I still plan on making it.

Maybe I'll even had the kid drive the Moster Squareback? idea.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 18 2010, 04:55 PM) *

Okay BINFORD is coming along nicely. Next weeked it HAS to be done for my friend who is helping us BBQ on this glorious day in August.

So the questiong is can I bring this BBQ up early in the week and place it in the yard area BEFORE the event?

My dad has agreed to let me drive his SIX to the event. beerchug.gif

I can't tow this BBQ with the SIX and I really don't want to be making lots of trips that day.

Please let me know so I can figure out the logistics of setup and BBQing. rolleyes.gif

Mark

No problem Mark, you can bring the BINFORD up in advance. The portapotty will also be delivered early.....not that there's any connection between the two. shades.gif

So do you have any pictures of this cooking creature?
jsaum
I plan on still making it although I have to retract my earlier statement of (I may actually show up to an event with my 914). I think I lost a main bearing the first day I got the plates on it!%#$&**** Let me know if I can bring something or donate to the BBQ fund.

Jsaum
TC 914-8
I may show up early 13:00, 14:00 cuts into my hapy hour on Sunday. beerchug.gif
Depending on the ferry schedule I'll be there 13:00-14:00, If I'm driving, : no happy hour headbang.gif hissyfit:
Mr.242
Okay, so the BINFORD is up and mounted on the trailer. My friend and I are doing a Charity BBQ today and will get it seasoned for the event in 2 weeks.

Discussion point is what we do for meat for grubbing. I can get pics today of the meat, but you will have to trust me this is BBQ and not grilled food. Today we are doing (okay he is doing) 25lbs of pork shoulder, 20 slabs of ribs, chicken and Atomic Buffalo Turds (cream cheese filled jalepenos wrapped in Salami)!!

His web site: unclejebsbbq.com

So it appears we can have from 20-40 members show up. I can spot some funds for meat, but seriously would like some donations to pay back on the meat. Thinking 10 bucks per person. The BBQ has the ability to feed a ton. IF you want extra meat done to take home, PM me and we will set something up.

Then we all should bring a side dish to share potluck style. A couple persons can bring the utensils in exchange for a side dish.

We should start the list of food bringin's so we don't end up with 20 Jello Salads or Potato Salads and BBQ.

beerchug.gif

Here's the new trailer and Binford pic from my cell phone......
Just need to have the tank sandblasted (anyone in Seattle area got any hook ups?) and painted flat black.
Click to view attachment
InkyP
$10 donation for the meat sounds perfect!

I can bring Bake Beans and Texas Toast if nobody else has claimed them.

Offer still stands for any out of towners who want to come the day before and have a place to crash for the night!
JRust
Hey Mark you need money before hand. Happy to send some up if needed. Seems like I saw something on Craigslist about a Porsche swap meet on the 7th. anyone know anything about it? Considering making a weekend of it. Swap meet early saturday. Mariners game that night. Is anyone is up for the game? Not sure if I am bringing the wife & family up with me yet or not?
NORD

O K I'm in for $10 for meat, also I will bring the maccarroonnii salad

with shrimp, tuna, cheese, sweet pickels, black olives and hard boiled

eggs. Sorry guys I can't eat raw onions.

There is the John Walker swap meet that day, will have to come down

early to look around, I'm looking for a set of rims so i can put bigger

stickier tires on my car.

Been looking at the Mountain, The road up to Artist Point is still not

cleared but they have started work on it, over 8ft of snow to clear.

driving.gif chowtime.gif
greenie
The General has volunteered the paper plates, napkins & utensils. We also have a ton of paper cups etc. we'll bring along.

The Binford with professional BBQ. chowtime.gif Yummm.

I'd better start polishing Greenie now.

This is shaping up to be quite the event! beerchug.gif
NORD

I need to correct this. The Walker Swap Meet is the 7th driving.gif

There is the John Walker swap meet that day, will have to come down

early to look around, I'm looking for a set of rims so i can put bigger

stickier tires on my car.

[/quote]
Daiberl
$10 is OK, I will bring a cheese cake and maybe some salad. I will also be at the swap meet on Augsust 7th.

Does by any chance someone has 5 or 6 of these plaxtic nuts which are used for the dashboard? I can't find mine sad.gif

- Juergen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.