Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NW Teeners BBQ, August 8th, 2:00pm, Edmonds WA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
KELTY360
Got a call from Garrett yesterday. He wanted to offer his 'yard' for a BBQ. For those who haven't followed recent events in the Tuesday Teeners thread. Garrett lives in Edmonds on a gorgeous piece of property that is ideally suited for a BBQ and car show. He claims they have had up to 60 cars arranged on the grounds in the past. It would be like having a private park for the day.

First off, we would need to decide on a date, somewhere from mid July to mid August. Either Saturday or Sunday is fine with him. Obviously there would be a few logistics to work out, but let's see who's interested and establish a date first. The rest can fall into place.

Here's a few looks at the site from the most recent Tuesday Teener gathering.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Let me know what you guys think.

Edit (7/3): Date is Sunday, August, 8

Details:

You don't have to bring a Porsche to attend, but it's highly recommended. Any Porsche will do, even donor cars happy11.gif .

We'll probably need to arrange for a portapotty. Donations accepted.

Food: Mr 242 is working on bringing a mega BBQ and he may have some special plans for meat, so stay tuned. I think we should go potluck style and have people bring another dish to share; salad, dessert, casserole, chips, etc.

Don't want to get over-organized for this, but if anyone has ideas for activities, etc., chime in.

The new portion of this post will also be placed at the current of the thread for comments.

Unofficial head count: I'm listing all the people who've said they may attend. This is just to get an approximate number. If you're listed and can't make it, let us know. If you're not listed and can make it, let us know. Also, give us an idea of how many people you'll be bringing with you.

Messix
70 914
Daiberl & daughter
Mr. 242
davesprinkle
aircooledtechnology
jmmotorsports
JRust
TC 914-8
rjames
Root Woorks
rdauenhauer
NORD
scotty
jsaum
Coy
Phoenix Red 6GT?
greenie??
mstein95
Zaney
PanelBilly
helios
KELTY360
pjhaun & wife
messix
hell yes!!!! beer.gif
70_914
I would really love to go... but it probably won't be in my Porsche. Got the engine going together, but need to do some welding and some brake work.

Kevin
Daiberl
Count me in, probably not with the 914 based on the slow progress I'm making but I will come.
Mr.242
I would love to go... beerchug.gif

I could have the BINFORD 8000 rebuilt if we wait until August! My July is pretty much filled up and August isn't far behind in getting booked!

Click to view attachment

Wont' tow behind a SIX confused24.gif

KELTY360
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jun 23 2010, 11:12 AM) *

I would love to go... beerchug.gif

I could have the BINFORD 8000 rebuilt if we wait until August! My July is pretty much filled up and August isn't far behind in getting booked!

Click to view attachment

Wont' tow behind a SIX confused24.gif

That could be pretty cool. The latest I could do it in August would be the 14th or 15th. August 7th or 8th would work for me also. You could tow it up in advance and pick it up later, allowing you to drive the 6 to the BBQ.
davesprinkle
I'll try to be there, whenever it is.
aircooledtechguy
I'm good the first couple weekends in August as well.

Did he ever get the frunk open to fill his car w/ gas?? He needs to go on a cruise if he's up to it.
KELTY360
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 23 2010, 02:42 PM) *

I'm good the first couple weekends in August as well.

Did he ever get the frunk open to fill his car w/ gas?? He needs to go on a cruise if he's up to it.

Yes, apparently they just kept messin' with the lock and it finally turned. I agree about getting him out for a cruise.

KELTY360
Trying to narrow things down a bit, how does Saturday August 7 sound? If that's not good, toss out an alternate date.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 23 2010, 06:05 PM) *

Trying to narrow things down a bit, how does Saturday August 7 sound? If that's not good, toss out an alternate date.

Sounds good to me.

Jerry
JRust
I'll most likely be there! Love BBQ & 914's biggrin.gif
TC 914-8
I Am IN, Any time other than 7/10-7/18, We are Talking about week ends?
rjames
Click to view attachment

The smoke from that barbeque looks just like the smoke I was seeing from my rear caliper this evening after pulling into my driveway. fun with a capital F. headbang.gif

If I get my brake issues sorted out in time, I'd love to attend. Looks like a beautiful venue!
RRietman
I'm in , except for the first two weekends in August. I just talked to Garret at the 356 bull session about the all original 74 that I just picked up about 1/3 mile from his house. he wants to see it and I want to see his place.
Randy
Bellingham
Mr.242
I would prefer the Sunday the 8th or the following weekend of August 14/15th.

IF and ONLY IF, I can get that time freed up AND the BINFORD bbq is rebuilt; I could do some amazing fixins! Pork Butts, Chicken, Atomic Buffalo Turds! As of now I am trying to meet a rebuild deadline of July 24th on the BINFORD. So either of these dates seem pretty safe.

We'd be eatin good! chowtime.gif

Will need a head count; spouses, kids, guests, etc. IF we get too many I would need some help with funds to get us all fed. (Hey, I'm a single dad and sending funds to my own SIX rebuild.... confused24.gif )

SO let's pick a date and go for it!!!

beerchug.gif

Mark
Mr.242
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 23 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The smoke from that barbeque looks just like the smoke I was seeing from my rear caliper this evening after pulling into my driveway. fun with a capital F. headbang.gif

If I get my brake issues sorted out in time, I'd love to attend. Looks like a beautiful venue!

Did it smell like apple/cherry wood too! I've never really wanted to EAT a 914, but if the smoke smelled like this smoke... anything is possible!! chowtime.gif
Root_Werks
August 7th or 8th, I'm good!

chowtime.gif
914werke
wub.gif bye1.gif
NORD

I'm in just pick a date. Like coming down and seeing you Guys.

I sure hope Greenies not going to show up, does anybody else

feel that way also? driving.gif
Bleyseng
I'm in if its the weekend of August 21st as I am back in Seattle then for a bit.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 24 2010, 09:02 PM) *

av-943.gif

Well for me Greenie's no big deal. I keep sweating the next time I see Troy. He said he's bringing tools, keeps eye-balling my 914! unsure.gif laugh.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 25 2010, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 24 2010, 09:02 PM) *

av-943.gif

Well for me Greenie's no big deal. I keep sweating the next time I see Troy. He said he's bringing tools, keeps eye-balling my 914! unsure.gif laugh.gif

I heard Troy was perfecting a formula to remove Sharpie ink. laugh.gif

Greenie appears to be AWOL. We could start a whole new thread with wild rumors speculating on his whereabouts. happy11.gif
TC 914-8
This topic needs a bump!!!

Since this is looking like August, I'm In, any time other than the 14th. my wife tells me someone at her work is having a wedding, that I have to go to, bad enough I am giving up my Saturday golf, but for a wedding for someone I don't know!!! better have a keg!!
I will make it to the Edmonds Bash no matter when!!!

Greenie is a good guy let him in!!! He'll probably drive the 911....
PeeGreen 914
August should be fine for us. I will hopefully get Garrett's car this week to reseal the engine. If the weather works with me on this. Every time I have the chance to get over there it is pooring mad.gif

That Greenie guy is a real piece of work. It's like he doesn't even like us anymore poke.gif .

but we still love the general smile.gif .

Is Curt even going to chime in? blink.gif or do we need to give him more crap happy11.gif
PanelBilly
I just noticed this. I'll check my schedule at work and chime in on the dates.
Root_Werks
August would also work for me.
scotty
Yes! Would love more of those "nuclear pepper & bacon" things! mmmmmm!
jsaum
Sounds like fun I'm in. I think August is wide open, the sooner we set a date the better. I may actually be able to show up with my 914 by then!

Jsaum
Coy
I could be in for this. Is it a kid friendly affair? We were headed to Seattle in August anyway...
dinomium
My foot hurts
KELTY360
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jun 28 2010, 02:35 PM) *

My foot hurts

Take it out of your mouth. The bite marks will fade quickly. laugh.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Coy @ Jun 28 2010, 02:22 PM) *

I could be in for this. Is it a kid friendly affair? We were headed to Seattle in August anyway...

Yep, kid friendly. Plenty of grass to play on.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 27 2010, 09:24 PM) *

August should be fine for us. I will hopefully get Garrett's car this week to reseal the engine. If the weather works with me on this. Every time I have the chance to get over there it is pooring mad.gif

That Greenie guy is a real piece of work. It's like he doesn't even like us anymore poke.gif .

Is Curt even going to chime in? blink.gif or do we need to give him more crap happy11.gif

He was over at my place on Saturday. He swapped out Greenie so he could drive the 911. He was complaining about his weinie shrinking because he's getting old. Figured the 911 would make him feel more like a man. shades.gif
KELTY360
So it's looking like August is best for all but a couple of people. Can't suit everybody unfortunately. I prefer the weekend of the 7th/8th. The Seafair hydro races are on the 8th if anybody cares about that.

Mr. 242 is thrashing to get the Binford 8000 BBQ ready and indicated the 8th worked best for him, so let's go with that. More details to follow.

Woohoo! jsharp.gif
greenie
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 24 2010, 07:02 PM) *

I'm not sure that wannabe Canadians are invited to this get together.

Maybe you should check with that Kelty fellow, you know the miscreant.

After all I've done for you Nord?

geez. headbang.gif
greenie
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 27 2010, 07:24 PM) *

I've tried repeatedly to help you Jon, now I get nothing but grief from my supposed Teener friends, I'm thinking that I need to hang with a better class of fellows.

I guess what I've read and heard about 914 guys is the truth.

PeeGreen 914
Oh NO... Greenie found us hide.gif
aircooledtechguy
I'll dine with Greenie, Nord, Canucks. . . As long as we dine.

So it's the 8th then. . . I'm in!! Me and my son will be there. I doubt my wife will want to hang with "the guys" screwy.gif
NORD

Greenie, Now we have your attention. Did you make it back from

your favorite Bar? Will you be driving a 914 or 911? this answer

may determine your parking spot at Garretts BBQ, in the yard

at the Pizza House down the steet. poke.gif driving.gif
mstein95
popcorn[1].gif

It would be great to see all the Washington peeps again. Late July, early August sounds good to me (will be in Alaska Aug 14-22).

Zaney
If the August weekend hits right, I will try to make it too!
driving.gif
Nate
Root_Werks
I'm hoping Greenie can make it, he owes me a door handle. I don't know why, it was just something I made up in my head that sounded good at the time. So I'm expecting he'll have one for me the next time I see him.

happy11.gif
PanelBilly
Aug 7-8 is good for me
KELTY360
Repeat info from page 1:

Edit: Date is Sunday, August 8, 2pm

Details:

You don't have to bring a Porsche to attend, but it's highly recommended. Any Porsche will do, even donor cars happy11.gif .

We'll probably need to arrange for a portapotty. Donations accepted.

Food: Mr 242 is working on bringing a mega BBQ and he may have some special plans for meat, so stay tuned. I think we should go potluck style and have people bring another dish to share; salad, dessert, casserole, chips, etc.

Don't want to get over-organized for this, but if anyone has ideas for activities, etc., chime in.
PeeGreen 914
Don't think I will be able to make it now sad.gif I was invited to drive a car at the SCCA NT that weekend. I'll still try though smile.gif
Daiberl
I will come, not in the Teener but in the 996, my daughter will for sure join me and maybe I can convince my wife smile.gif We will bring some salad and cake. At which time do you plan to start?
Bleyseng
I will still be in South America then.....crap.
Mr.242
Will need a head count on how much food to prep for this BBQ thing.....

I have the BINFORD BBQ and a couple other BBQ ways. Who knows what method I will use. So I figure I need at least 7 days lead on the total.

Thinking Atomic Buffalo Turds for sure! chowtime.gif

Will figure out the BBQ meat later.

-Mark
helios
I'll try to be there. Be good to see everyone again. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.