Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS/1974 914 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
KarmannRick
BELOW IS THE OWNER'S DESCRIPTION OF THE CAR. THE OWNER NOW LIVES IN CALIFORNIA, SO ANY PURCHASE WILL TAKE A LITTLE WORK. THE OWNER IS A PERFECTIONIST MECHANIC NAMED GREG. HE CAN BE REACHED BY E-MAIL AT cgfoerster@yahoo.com. I CONSIDERED BUYING THE CAR BUT I JUST FINISHED RESTORING A 1973 VW GHIA. THE OWNER ASKED ME TO POST "SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE"[size=5]

1974 914 1.8 fuel injected a little over 24,000 original miles Olympic Blue. Black hard top convertible Black leather inside. Air Conditioner. I bought it from a 70 year old man in Rockwall that bought it new from the dealer. It had 15000 miles when I bought it from him. It still has the decal on steering wheel from the factory. Has factory radio. Has the owners manual, repair manual. The jack & spare have never been out of car. There is no rust on the car at all. It has always been covered and in the garage. Needs a battery, because I took it out to protect the battery box. It will need tires just because of the age of the tires. While lowering the antenna it was broken but, I have a factory original here that I can send to you with the keys if you buy the car. I took the distributor cap & rotor off for security but I also have new ones here that I can send to you. Nothing needs to be done to the inside or outside of the car. Thats all I can think of that needs to be done. As you can see very little. Greg
IronHillRestorations
Per the classified rules, you gotta put a price on it. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
rockwall is very close to me, if someone wants a PPI/pictures I'll be glad to help.
KarmannRick
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 27 2010, 09:44 PM) *

Per the classified rules, you gotta put a price on it. confused24.gif

I am not the owner. Contact the owner for a price........
porschecb
Here is novel idea! WHY DON'T YOU CANTACT THE OWNER!
KarmannRick
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 28 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Well......I suppose if I wanted to buy the car I WOULD!!! Now that would be a novel idea.....
porschecb
QUOTE(KarmannRick @ Jun 28 2010, 04:34 PM) *

Well......I suppose if I wanted to buy the car I WOULD!!! Now that would be a novel idea.....

You are a piece of work! You know the rules yet you continue to fight them. You need to delete this post or maybe an Admin. will do it for you! (so much for rules) finger.gif
KarmannRick
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 28 2010, 07:51 PM) *

You are a piece of work! You know the rules yet you continue to fight them. You need to delete this post or maybe an Admin. will do it for you! (so much for rules) finger.gif

Man I hope you never have any real problems............you stress out easily.
porschecb
QUOTE(KarmannRick @ Jun 28 2010, 06:00 PM) *

Real easy! shades.gif
moralem
I am a cayman s guy looking for a 914 and I must say you do run a tight ship here.........I did contact the owner and like the ad said he is Big Bear California and wanting $9k for the car. A little too rich for my blood. I am looking for something a little more affordable that I can work on.

QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 28 2010, 05:04 PM) *

Real easy! shades.gif

KarmannRick
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 28 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Real easy! shades.gif

Well...for what it is worth I would delete the post if i could find some directions on how to do so. My original intent was to simply try to help an old friend who is not in a position to list the car himself right now. I do not want to be the one to list a price because I don't own the car. The listed price would probably be high anyway and would be negotiated down. This is an original low mileage car that I thought someone might be interested in. I guess the entire posting falls under the heading of "no good deed goes unpunished". If someone will tell me how to delete this entire thread and my membership in this forum please do so....I apologize for not following the rules.
moralem
You guys should come visit the other mid engine Porsche forum.........we are a little more laid back over there......but I must say we would never allow for the smiling face that flips you off......I was on the floor laughing my ass off........pretty funny. I am looking forward to more of this site if I could only find the right 914 to get me started. Keep up the banter I find it entertaining.
tat2dphreak
1) the rules ARE if you list it, to list a price... if you are listing it for a friend, then the friend should have told you a price. or listed it himself...

but it's really not worth getting pissed off over.

moralem, I happen to know of at least one more for sale in tx cool_shades.gif wink.gif

I will be happy to go take some pics of this car if anyone is interested... and post them to help the guy out.

rockwall is right down the street, and I have friends that live over there anyway. smile.gif

oh, and moralem, the "other" 914 site, was where we all started at wink.gif at least anyone who has been here before 06
moralem

oh, and moralem, the "other" 914 site, was where we all started at wink.gif at least anyone who has been here before 06

Sorry for any confusion.....I was referring to our Cayman Club site known as Planet 9. It is all things mid engine Cayman or Boxster.
rymann
WTF.gif sheeplove.gif av-943.gif popcorn[1].gif........lmao hahaha........
moralem
QUOTE(rymann @ Jun 29 2010, 07:27 PM) *

WTF.gif sheeplove.gif av-943.gif popcorn[1].gif........lmao hahaha........

That is what I mean about this site, you get to screw around here and there are no administrators busting your balls.
Grelber
Where in Texas are you located? We've got a lot of us here in the Lone Star State.
moralem
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jul 1 2010, 05:11 PM) *

Where in Texas are you located? We've got a lot of us here in the Lone Star State.

If you mean me, I am just up the road from you in Weston.
Grelber
QUOTE(moralem @ Jul 1 2010, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Grelber @ Jul 1 2010, 05:11 PM) *

If you mean me, I am just up the road from you in Weston.

Yep, Weston isn't far at all. There's a bunch of us here in this area.
moralem
Now I just need to find a car to get my hands on. Not many around the DFW area that are worth fixing up and then there are those that are already fixed up and are too expensive and don't need any work. I am going to lurk around here for awhile to see if I can find something. I prefer to pick something up in the area but it looks like I might need to go down to Austin to check this one out.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1812703042.html
tat2dphreak
I went to see this car today... this is a teaser bump until I hear from the potential buyer that it's ok to post pics for the world to see smile.gif

consider your self teased...
moralem
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 17 2010, 09:15 AM) *

I went to see this car today... this is a teaser bump until I hear from the potential buyer that it's ok to post pics for the world to see smile.gif

consider your self teased...

I talked to the owner out in Cali and asked for some pictures but have never gotten any, but then when I spoke to him he was asking for 9K, but said he was negotiable.

Since I did not know what that meant and did not want to waste anybody's time I asked for pictures. What can you tell us about the car.
tat2dphreak
I went on behalf of a potential buyer, who is out of town right now. I think it would only be right to let him have the first shot at the car. so I'll hold my info close to the vest until he has a chance to examine the pictures and talk to the owner
pilothyer
Come on...the suspense is killing me....I tried contacting the owner on this one...I guess I didn't sound serious enough for a reply.
bandjoey
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107096

Great running car just up the street from you that needs a little polish, and at a much lower price. Add your info to your info and welcome to World Moralem
moralem
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jul 20 2010, 12:04 PM) *

Come on...the suspense is killing me....I tried contacting the owner on this one...I guess I didn't sound serious enough for a reply.

PM me and I will send you the pictures that he sent me. The car looks in great original condition but not my favorite color....powder blue. Nice all original car though.
tat2dphreak
the buyer let me know today that this car is sold...

here are the pics... I hope it went to someone on this site!

http://picasaweb.google.com/wafry1975/Rock...feat=directlink

imo it was a great buy, for a car that could be a concourse car with little work.
KarmannRick
My work is done....the car sold for a very fair price to someone who knows a good car when he sees one. Thanks to all the reasonable people who understand that the forum is more about the car than trying to boss other people around....no matter how many posts you have or how long you have been a member........it's not really about you!!

To the buyer of the car - You got a good car!!!!! Congratulations!!
KarmannRick
My work is done....the car sold for a very fair price to someone who knows a good car when he sees one. Thanks to all the reasonable people who understand that the forum is more about the car than trying to boss other people around....no matter how many posts you have or how long you have been a member........it's not really about you!!

To the buyer of the car - You got a good car!!!!! Congratulations!!
tat2dphreak
WTF.gif

WTF happened to you?
RFoulds
Yes, I bought it.
smile.gif
Thanks to KarmannRick for posting it, (even though you took a bunch of crap for not including price) and a BIG thanks to Wayne Fry for checking the car out and taking the pics.

The car has an interesting history, and I can't wait to get it in my hands here in Palm Desert. I'm searching for transport today. If anyone knows of a tranporter other than the big guys, let me know.

I will try to post pics and progress reports as work begins putting this car back on the road.

Randy
moralem
Kind of ironic that the owner of the car moved to California and now the car is headed back out there. Congratulations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.