Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Assembly engineering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arkitect
Finally got the 2 rusted bolts off the bottom of the pedal assembly. Nuts rusted tight, started with a cut off wheel under the car, followed up with an air hammer, they finally came off by breaking the bolts with a ratchet and a 12 point 1/2"...I know should be metric but that's what fit on a rounded off nut.

Why is everything so tight in a very tight front portion of the tunnel, couldn't the engineers come up with an more accessible design instead of the throttle cable, and clutch in a very akward position. Access panel install at front of tunnel?

Dave dry.gif
arkitect
Sorry for the ranting, just going to be a long process, everything is a learning experience with not knowing how parts come apart.

Dave
charliew
It follows a long path of vw design.
underthetire
It's tight for sure, but once you change cable 3 or four times headbang.gif it gets a lot easier.
McMark
agree.gif
SUNAB914
Better luck tomorrow. Drink a beer.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jun 30 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Better luck tomorrow. Drink a beer.

Maybe the designers were waaayyy ahead of you.. beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
beer.gif

Most hardware on 914's has either been tightened down for 30+ years (rusted) or over torqued by a PO.

Dude, 25 feet pounds, not 250. rolleyes.gif
charliew
I haven't found any 30 year old car that has spent a lot of time on the road or setting outside that has easy to remove bolts.
pcar916
I never do anything in that area without taking the seat out and laying a carpet over the door long. Life's too short and the seat takes 3 minutes to remove.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.