Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Officially a PNWR PCA autocross instructor after today:)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So after 8 fun seasons the chair of our region decided it was time to make me an instructor. This year has been about driving other people's cars and riding with them piratenanner.gif . Today was our anual autocross school and my first official day as an instructor. It was a blast teaching people tips and tricks to help them. I had a student that drove a nice 500hp 996 TT and she ended up beating her husband when the day was over aktion035.gif . I only drove it once to show her the line but the TT is a monster.

beerchug.gif to many more fun days of autocrossing piratenanner.gif driving.gif
KELTY360
Good on you Jon! smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
I enjoy instructing but will not drive anyone's car.....unless I know them pretty well.
I will admit that there are times that I want to drive the car for some folks that NEED to be made aware of its capabilities.....but never suggest that I drive it.
After they have a few AXs under their belts and have a clue as to what a "line" is, I'll show em' to them.
Kalva
Congrats, there is nothing better then exposing someone to the world of autocross while teaching them "good" habbits & seeing them excel as long as they are not beating in you in your class driving.gif
Tom
Good for you Jon, I need to sign up some time so you can instruct me! biggrin.gif
Tom
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Kalva @ Jul 11 2010, 07:00 AM) *

Congrats, there is nothing better then exposing someone to the world of autocross while teaching them "good" habbits & seeing them excel as long as they are not beating in you in your class driving.gif

If they beat you in your class you just need to drive faster beerchug.gif

JP, at a school or fun runs it is generally different as they get so many runs. Plus, it is good to drive their car 75% of your pace and talk them through it. My students really like that and dropped a ton of time after that. Plus I think it helps seeing what your car can really do.

Tom, anytime my friend aktion035.gif
mikelsr
Congrats! I've been instructing for three years in AX. It's fun to watch your students grow not only during the official training session but through the years.
Root_Werks
driving.gif
dinomium
That is kewl, Jon. I have been instructing for IRDC and it is very rewarding
PeeGreen 914
Thanks guys smile.gif

I really wanted to work on it as I knew it would help in my progress to win Nationals with a 914 piratenanner.gif .

I plan on taking a 914 next year in D prepared. aktion035.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 12 2010, 09:30 AM) *

Thanks guys smile.gif

I really wanted to work on it as I knew it would help in my progress to win Nationals with a 914 piratenanner.gif .

It may be doable but very costly. Talking to the Miata DP guys the weight break from the smaller motor (1.6L) seems to be the ticket. They also can get 13 inch R25 cantis. If you can run with the 3 local guys, you'll be competitive at the Nats.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 12 2010, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 12 2010, 09:30 AM) *

Thanks guys smile.gif

It may be doable but very costly. Talking to the Miata DP guys the weight break from the smaller motor (1.6L) seems to be the ticket. They also can get 13 inch R25 cantis. If you can run with the 3 local guys, you'll be competitive at the Nats.

Fordahl has a fomula for me. He was thinking of building one but the Boxter is his next target to finish. They have the Cup engine in and are now getting it to weight.
jcambo7
Congrats Jon! I can't wait to see your next 914 and what you do to it. drunk.gif driving.gif
RJMII
congrats, Jon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.