Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
muncokiho
I know there are many options but just need an approx. cost of a 1.8 rebuild stock possibly with bigger p&c if possible. Should be a strait forward rebuild as the engine is low mile but sat so long the pistons are froze. Thanks,cole
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(muncokiho @ Jul 21 2010, 04:24 AM) *

I know there are many options but just need an approx. cost of a 1.8 rebuild stock possibly with bigger p&c if possible. Should be a strait forward rebuild as the engine is low mile but sat so long the pistons are froze. Thanks,cole

A long sitting car with frozen cylinders may not be lost.... put the car in 5th and push, you'll likely hear a large pop....
EdwardBlume
Once you have the engine unfrozen... its time to replace all the fuel lines and potentially the fuel injectors...
underthetire
And a full rebuild is 3500-5K IMO
rallysport70
I am in the process of having my 1.8L professionally rebuilt w/2056cc pistons/cylinders, upgraded cam for $3600 cash. I expect the cost could rise slightly if any minor surprises are found. I;m keeping the original fuel injection. I'm also in no rush as I'm doing the hell hole repair, so the builder is just using it as fill in work when he's not busy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.