Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Blower Lever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
I added a console to my car, including a replacement heater lever with the correct offset handle. I was careful to attach the spade connector to it before bolting the lever down.

Now I find that moving the lever to upright doesn't turn the blower on like it used to. Also the little square illuminated blower light next to the lever no longer lights up.

Before I take a close look at the circuit diagram, can anyone guess what I may have wrong, from these symptoms?

Thanks!
jjbunn
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Jul 25 2010, 11:05 AM) *

I added a console to my car, including a replacement heater lever with the correct offset handle. I was careful to attach the spade connector to it before bolting the lever down.

Now I find that moving the lever to upright doesn't turn the blower on like it used to. Also the little square illuminated blower light next to the lever no longer lights up.

Before I take a close look at the circuit diagram, can anyone guess what I may have wrong, from these symptoms?

Thanks!

1) Connector had fallen off in tunnel
2) Bad bulb

beer3.gif
markb
Bet you blew the fuse.
jjbunn
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 27 2010, 10:43 PM) *

Bet you blew the fuse.

Nope ...
markb
The fuse on the relay board? Have you swapped the relays around?
jjbunn
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 28 2010, 10:24 AM) *

The fuse on the relay board? Have you swapped the relays around?

Sorry - I wasn't more clear - I found both problems. A bad bulb, and the connector on the heater blower lever had dropped off (loose crimp).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.