Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New product - Trunk lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've decided to take on the trunk lights, I'm going to make a complete unit that has a LED bulb that will plug and play just like OEM. I looked at the LEDs as a retrofit and as they are slightly offset they didn't work well. The best choice is to redesign so that the light is focused where it's needed.
I've made the metal substructure and lens, I'm just working out the mounts.

As a complete unit these will sell for $30 with the LED. I'm doing a prebuy sign up for $25. These will also have the rubber rectangular seal, just like OEM.

However if you need a lens only I can sell you one at $12.50 now.

Time frame is about 3 weeks to completion.

Sorry things have been so slow the WAS top is consuming allot of time and resources.
plas76targa
Count me in for one of these, AND the throttle body seal on your other thread too. I'll send you a PM with a special request
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 29 2010, 09:38 AM) *
I've decided to take on the trunk lights

Can you make them so they light both the trunk and the engine bay at the same time?

popcorn[1].gif Andy
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2010, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 29 2010, 09:38 AM) *
I've decided to take on the trunk lights

Can you make them so they light both the trunk and the engine bay at the same time?

popcorn[1].gif Andy

Good idea Andy, That would be cool!

Count me in for my usual two (2).
Mikey914
Pictures added.
Yes I could set these up to light both. The only issue I see is that the plastic on the inside of the engine compartment will get dirt on it over time and may not transmit as much light. It would also require additional LEDs, so the cost would be slightly more depending on the type chosen.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:38 AM) *

I've decided to take on the trunk lights, I'm going to make a complete unit that has a LED bulb that will plug and play just like OEM. I looked at the LEDs as a retrofit and as they are slightly offset they didn't work well. The best choice is to redesign so that the light is focused where it's needed.
I've made the metal substructure and lens, I'm just working out the mounts.

As a complete unit these will sell for $30 with the LED. I'm doing a prebuy sign up for $25. These will also have the rubber rectangular seal, just like OEM.

However if you need a lens only I can sell you one at $12.50 now.

Time frame is about 3 weeks to completion.

Sorry things have been so slow the WAS top is consuming allot of time and resources.

Hi Mark,

I am in for one.
bandjoey
Add the second light in the front firewall in the engine compartment. Wire through to the firewall to the cabin light.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 1 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Add the second light in the front firewall in the engine compartment. Wire through to the firewall to the cabin light.

Why? That light already is in the engine compartment.

All you would need for a fully functional engine comp light is to have that light go both ways ...
shades.gif Andy
AndyB
Are the LED bulbs still available for the tail lights and front turn signals?
bandjoey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 1 2010, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 1 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Why? That light already is in the engine compartment.

All you would need for a fully functional engine comp light is to have that light go both ways ...
shades.gif Andy

The location of the current light wouldn't throw much light on the passenger side, if a double light. Put one centered on the front firewall, and it'll throw a lot more light both ways. my 2cents. smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Aug 1 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Are the LED bulbs still available for the tail lights and front turn signals?

Mikey is selling them, so yes, just let me know what you nned and I'll pass on to him.
nsr-jamie
Hi, I would be up for one too for the trial price of $ 25, sounds good to me as I am missing my light and my trunk is starting to look nice now with the new parts from everyone here. Count me in for one please, thank you too for all your help in this community!! Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.