Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's with 911 dash/gauges/interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
So many picture threads going around, so lets start another!

Time to show off guys! Let's see those crossover parts!
SirAndy
Getty 911-style CF dash:
IPB Image

911 Gauges:
IPB Image

911 Steering column:
IPB Image

popcorn[1].gif Andy
jim_hoyland
Getty Dash, leather covered, gauge face frame painted color of car, gauge faces painted to match upholstery
jcambo7
I don't know if this counts as a 911 dash but it is different.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:55 PM) *
I don't know if this counts as a 911 dash

Not to be a smart-ass or anything, but a 911 dash usually looks like a 911 dash (note the 5 gauges instead of 3), not a recovered 914 dash ...

biggrin.gif Andy
jcambo7
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2010, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jul 29 2010, 03:55 PM) *
I don't know if this counts as a 911 dash

Not to be a smart-ass or anything, but a 911 dash usually looks like a 911 dash (note the 5 gauges instead of 3), not a recovered 914 dash ...

biggrin.gif Andy

I guess thats why I said I don't know if this doesn't count as one. Guess I should have just said it isn't...poke.gif
computers4kids
Leather covered by Morph, V8 calibrated gauges
IPB Image
jaxdream
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2010, 01:06 PM) *

Getty 911-style CF dash:
IPB Image

911 Gauges:
IPB Image

911 Steering column:
IPB Image

popcorn[1].gif Andy

Can you give an idea of how you mounted your igni key switch , I've got a 911 column and ig switch to setup in my 73. Your's looks good. Please....

Jack / Jaxdream
SirAndy
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jul 29 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Can you give an idea of how you mounted your igni key switch , I've got a 911 column and ig switch to setup in my 73. Your's looks good. Please....

Here's the thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=82045

beerchug.gif Andy
Phoenix-MN
The real deal biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Lots of work but turned out well

http://phoenixhobbies.com/html/911_dash.html

Eddie914
Paul,

Wow, now that is the way to install a 911 dash ... not just a dash cover.

The rest of your teener is just as meticulous ... FABULOUS!

Eddie
jaxdream
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 29 2010, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jul 29 2010, 05:02 PM) *

Here's the thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=82045

beerchug.gif Andy

Thanks Andy , I thought I had seen that before aktion035.gif , memory bank rusty, probably need a reboot.

Jack / Jaxdream
jaxdream
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 29 2010, 07:24 PM) *

The real deal biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Lots of work but turned out well

http://phoenixhobbies.com/html/911_dash.html

Looks great wub.gif , how does it effect leg room under the dash knee pad ?? Is the 911 dash unit lower in this area ??

Jack / Jaxdream
VaccaRabite
Does not look any lower then the 914 dash and lower dashpad.

Zach
Phoenix-MN
"Looks great , how does it effect leg room under the dash knee pad ?? Is the 911 dash unit lower in this area ??"

No problem with leg room, doesn't seem any lower but I have never measured it
jaxdream
I was looking at the ends by the door panels, appered to be lower on the door than 914 , maybe camera angle , just appered to be lower and I see you've not got any speaker panels installed. Thanks for the reply,and I just like the look of the lower dash as it contrasts with the upper , angled like it is.

Jack / Jaxdream
BKLA
gone but not forgotten....

Click to view attachment

Note door panel change...

Click to view attachment

Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jul 30 2010, 11:40 AM) *

I was looking at the ends by the door panels, appered to be lower on the door than 914 , maybe camera angle , just appered to be lower and I see you've not got any speaker panels installed. Thanks for the reply,and I just like the look of the lower dash as it contrasts with the upper , angled like it is.

Jack / Jaxdream

No pictures but the stock speakers fit in the stock locations biggrin.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
Very nice boys! Lets keep em coming!
jim_hoyland
Are you planning on doing the 911 style dash ?
Larry.Hubby
Here's mine.

Click to view attachment

This is not a Getty dash, but not a total 911 transplant either. It's a '70 car, first converted to a '72 dash, then with a 911 instrument panel cut from a '78 SC and trimmed to be similar to the 914 panel mounted with the stock four screws. The top pad is a blend of an old 914 pad with the area above the panel cut out and that area from a 911 grafted in, then the gaps filled with foam-in-place material, the result sanded smooth, and finally upholstered in vinyl by Palo Alto Upholstery. I also replaced the steering column with one from a SC, and converted to the 911-type ignition switch and steering column lock using the front dash section and dash trim plates from a wrecked 914/6.
markb
I need to wash & clean up the car before I take pics of the Getty dash. smile.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 31 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Are you planning on doing the 911 style dash ?

Jim, I may, but it's a stretch. I have it, I'm just not sure if I like that many gauges.
BigD9146gt
five gauges may seem like a lot, but information should never be in shortage.

This dash was pulled from a wrecked `70 911. I will try to post the dash top finished photos (black synthetic suede w/double red stitch) in a few weeks.

VegasRacer
driving.gif
markb
Mine smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Mark, that looks really good, especially with the Hockey Puck horn button. I always like to see the things I sell on peoples cars.

T.C.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Aug 2 2010, 11:08 PM) *

five gauges may seem like a lot, but information should never be in shortage.

This dash was pulled from a wrecked `70 911. I will try to post the dash top finished photos (black synthetic suede w/double red stitch) in a few weeks.

True, but I also plan on running a center divide, into which I can put the additional gauges.
markb
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 3 2010, 08:32 PM) *

Mark, that looks really good, especially with the Hockey Puck horn button. I always like to see the things I sell on peoples cars.

T.C.

Thanks T.C., it's come out pretty good. Eventually I will have the early green 911 gauges made for it, but that's a bit in the future. I have a set of 5 from a 68 912, but it seems a shame to use them when I can have a set made from 914 gauges, and not ruin their originality. smile.gif I really like the hockey puck wheel & button. I use the Momo for AX or track, but for everyday I like to see my gauges. driving.gif
70_914
QUOTE(markb @ Aug 3 2010, 02:34 PM) *

That is F'in wonderful! pray.gif drooley.gif Makes me want to get my 914 a little (OK, a LOT) nicer...
Middlefour
And here's mine:_

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.