Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ever happened to the bay area weekend Breakfasts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DanT
haven't seen one listed in a long time smile.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm not sure but we should start something up. Rotate around the bay? Maybe have 4-5 locations in strategic locations.
EdwardBlume
Jackstands
Kids
and some people run off and buy 964s?

lol-2.gif

What about beer Fridays?
jeeperjohn56
Hey Mike , Start one this month in San Ramon, Dublin, Walnut Creek, I'm in and few more would come. John driving.gif
ConeDodger
Aw... Come on up for donuts and we'll call it even. biggrin.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 2 2010, 11:46 AM) *

haven't seen one listed in a long time smile.gif

I'd be up for one. not sure which car I would bring... You guys would throw rocks at my other cars. smile.gif

-- brett
Lennies914
Well? Is someone going to step up and organize this? confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
OK!

Saturday 8-14-10

Max's Diner San Ramon

Be there at 9:14am

Max's is located at 2015 Crow Canyon Place. 680 Freeway exit at Crow Canyon Road. Turn East. Located right near the freeway accross from the Shell gas station.

Max's is an old school 50's style diner with a great menu.

Let's also find some similar places around the bay. Sound off if you know a good place to eat! If we have several go to spots, I think we will get different mambers to show up. We need a place is the South Bay, Peninsula, North Bay and Delta.
DanT
way to step up... biggrin.gif

Sorry, I will be at the GGR AX at Marina on 8/14 sad.gif biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I'll be at work... sad.gif
zeezee
I'll be there!
zx-niner
I'll be picking my 914 up at McMark's that morning after some minor work. driving.gif

Although . . . idea.gif if I can convince my wife to leave a bit earlier, we could get there for breakfast. smile.gif
BigD9146gt
I know it should be about the cars/owners, but if it was at Bobby's (85 and Saratoga/Sunnyvale) I'll be there. Those hash browns are unreal!
matthepcat
They are delicious!

I think however most folks on 914world in the bay area are north bay/east bay.

QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Aug 3 2010, 12:14 AM) *

I know it should be about the cars/owners, but if it was at Bobby's (85 and Saratoga/Sunnyvale) I'll be there. Those hash browns are unreal!

underthetire
Delta I vote for the Byron Cafe on mtn house road. Or ?
DanT
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 3 2010, 10:32 AM) *

They are delicious!

I think there are more in the South Bay than you think smile.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 3 2010, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 3 2010, 10:32 AM) *

They are delicious!

sounding off for the south bay! We had many large turnouts for the IHOP in sunnyvale. smile.gif

But, I do agree we need to move them around to give people in other areas a chance to go.

-- brett
dem

I could do a south bay breakfast too. I'd vote Southern Kitchen in Los Gatos if it is a small turn out. Mmm, chicken fried steak.
bfrymire
QUOTE(dem @ Aug 3 2010, 07:42 PM) *

I could do a south bay breakfast too. I'd vote Southern Kitchen in Los Gatos if it is a small turn out. Mmm, chicken fried steak.

Wherever is used, it MUST have a good sized parking lot. Half the fun is in the parking lot. Can't be scattered around on side streets. (I know of some good places in Campbell, but not a good parking lot. )

-- brett
Mike Bellis
You south bay guys need to do some recon and find a good parking lot with decent food. Post a date ad time here. 8-21 is open. I added the 8-14 breakfast on the calendar link too. I don't care where it is. I'll drive there as long as it starts at 9:14.
DanT
Country Inn in Almaden Valley has great food, good prices and a sizable parking lot.
dem
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Aug 3 2010, 08:11 PM) *

Wherever is used, it MUST have a good sized parking lot. Half the fun is in the parking lot. Can't be scattered around on side streets. (I know of some good places in Campbell, but not a good parking lot. )

-- brett

Well damn, that makes it trickier to combine parking and good food.

Some decent places I go with parking:
Country Gourmet (85/Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale - huge parking lot adjacent)
Los Gatos Cafe Uptown (former Iron Skillet location, not downtown. shares a parking lot with a trader joe's)
bfrymire
QUOTE(dem @ Aug 3 2010, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(bfrymire @ Aug 3 2010, 08:11 PM) *

-- brett

Well damn, that makes it trickier to combine parking and good food.

Some decent places I go with parking:
Country Gourmet (85/Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale - huge parking lot adjacent)
Los Gatos Cafe Uptown (former Iron Skillet location, not downtown. shares a parking lot with a trader joe's)

Love the Country Gourment. But, if I remember, there is quite line to get in...

There was a good place in Fremont. Dave Darling usually sets that one up. REALLY good parking lot, we can take a whole corner to ourselves...

Picture:

Click to view attachment

-- brett
mightyohm
Sure, wait until after I'm gone to start the breakfasts again. I get it!
hissyfit.gif
jeeperjohn56
I'm up for any date, but which one is the one date. Is it 8-14 or the 8-21. John
Mike Bellis
8-14 in San Ramon. The South Bay guys need to decide on a place before that one is scheduled. I think we could get a system down and have a breakfast somewhere every weekend. It would get people out of the house and meet members.
JeffBowlsby
I started hosting the saturday 9:14 breakfasts about 8-10 years ago in the San Jose area and they have always been fun. We usually held them monthly back then. The bay area is so large geographically and there are 914 owners everywhere from Napa to the East bay to the Peninsula to San Jose and beyond, that either people have to be willing to drive to attend a single breakfast location, or they should host one in their own neighborhood. There is no one-size-fits-all location that everyone will find convenient. Its OK.

We originally tried to rotate around the bay each month, North Bay, East Bay, Peninsula, South Bay...so everyone would be accommodated. That worked, sort of. Usually, most people didn't want to drive if they were far away, they just attended their local events. Eitherway...whatever works for you individually.

You host it, you get to pick the spot/date. biggrin.gif

I see Mike Bellis is hosting one in San Ramon on Aug 14...make it if you can unless he reschedules it, if not, hold session somewhere else under your terms, just don't overlap the dates.

PS, Its always good to schedule it several weeks even a month or two out. I tried to set it always as the __th week of the month so there was consistency and people could plan. It never works if you propose a date that is only a week or two out, few will show up, most people are already committed elsewhere by then.

creamsicle914.jpg
realred914
hows about a drive?
jeeperjohn56
I'll be there for 8-14 San ramon, what do you say Lennie? want meet up? John confused24.gif
Cairo94507
I will come to the 8/14 meeting at Max's in San Ramon. I would be in my Prius.....don't laugh, because my six is on dollies in the garage. But I would enjoy meeting people and seeing other 914's. I have to drop my wife's car off in Livermore to have the pano-roof tinted at Rocky Mountain Window Tinting at 8:00 and will be at Max's directly after that, should be on time. See you then. bye1.gif
GTeener
9:14a rarely ever works for me on a Saturday. Sunday works better for me smile.gif but I don't have my car back yet, so it doesn't matter for this month anyway laugh.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

Time for another breakfast! chowtime.gif
DanT
where and when Andy? chowtime.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DanT @ Nov 24 2010, 03:15 PM) *

where and when Andy? chowtime.gif

Dunno. What about that place in Fremont? Can't remember where or what it was, but the parking lot was big enough and the food decent ...

idea.gif Andy
DanT
you talking about the pancake place? smile.gif
DanT
this one?
Original Pancake House
Valy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2010, 03:09 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Time for another breakfast! chowtime.gif

Breakfast on Black Friday? If there's no retail store near the restaurant, the parking will be empty smile.gif

Now seriously, I'm in for a weekend breakfast, any weekend. Love to meet some teeners.
chowtime.gif
mightyohm
Wish I could be there. Have fun, guys.
beer3.gif
SirAndy
Yepp, that's the one!

I don't think i can make this friday. Any other suggestions for a date & time? idea.gif

QUOTE(DanT @ Nov 24 2010, 03:28 PM) *

dem
The guy who suggested it should pick the date! Pick a day, Andy! You have the power!

That being said, I am surprisingly free both this weekend and next.
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Yepp, that's the one!

I don't think i can make this friday. Any other suggestions for a date & time? idea.gif

QUOTE(DanT @ Nov 24 2010, 03:28 PM) *

I think that is one of the better places to do it. Hope the date works out.

--brett
ConeDodger
How about Saturday the 4th? I don't plan on having a Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion this month due to the busy Christmas season but if you guys have it the 4th of December, I might have to figure out how to get down there on time for the 9:14am chow time. Then, off to Mark's for some engine wrenching...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 25 2010, 09:58 AM) *

How about Saturday the 4th? I don't plan on having a Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion this month due to the busy Christmas season but if you guys have it the 4th of December, I might have to figure out how to get down there on time for the 9:14am chow time. Then, off to Mark's for some engine wrenching...

Nice engine Nancy... quit showing off lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 25 2010, 11:06 AM) *

Nice engine Nancy... quit showing off lol-2.gif

Oh you want more Ways?
MartyYeoman
popcorn[1].gif
McMark

You know the shop is closed on Saturdays! tongue.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 30 2010, 11:23 AM) *

You know the shop is closed on Saturdays! tongue.gif

Window is broken. You just reach in and turn the handle... smile.gif
Lennies914
Did somebody mention breakfast? Is it this Saturday? chowtime.gif driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Nov 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *

We could do this Saturday. Anyone? confused24.gif chowtime.gif
JimN73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2010, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Nov 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *

We could do this Saturday. Anyone? confused24.gif chowtime.gif

Saturday will work. I think that the electrical gremlins will be taken care of by then.

Ideas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.