Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Walkers Porsche Swap meet in Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
msglaigaie
I believe I have a complete L jet from my '74s original engine. I will bring it. I also found these hiding in a box. I got them from a race shop in So Cal. He said they came off a wrecked six. I run the four lug system as the Gods originally intended. I will bring them also. Someone needed a coat hook cover. I found one in wonderful condition and its yours free. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Herself and I will leave Bellingham about sevenish. Should get in about 0830. We live on "island time" so that really does not mean anything.

I just spent twenty minutes trying to upload one pic. BRAIN is not working. They will be in seattle in the morning. I could have been loading stuff. Iwill get a beer and go back to it.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 6 2010, 08:51 AM) *

Marc, I picked up a 74' LJet system from Rich last night. It's the 6 wire, not the 7-wire more what I wanted. But it'll work.

The diff on 914's is 74- 6-wire and 75- 7-wire.

Watcha got Marc? I might pick it up off you anyway just for spares or get the system I really want.

I'll be at the swap meet in the morning. If your going, bring it.

Troy, if you're going, can you bring your 914? I need some parts....I mean some pictures of your L-Jet.

happy11.gif

I made a hybrid Porsche 2.0L/Bus L-jet set-up for my Squareback for the Megasquirt conversion. It's easy to line-up the L-jet plenum with the stock 2.0L runners. Just replace a couple of the case top bolts with longer ones so you can use flat washers where the plenum connects and "clock" it about 10 degrees so the runners line-up. Then use silicone hose to connect everything and you're golden. This is my bus 2.0L L-jet plenum clocked and fitted to the Porsche 2.0L runners:

Click to view attachment
JRust
Excellent! We made it to our little dive of a hotel in Des Moines. We will be heading out around 6am to go to the Swap. I've got to dbl check how long it will take to get there from our hotel. What will traffic be like at 6am? Any big problems I should worry about?
messix
'bout 20-30 min.

easy traffic.
Bleyseng
Dan, if you are running a 1,8L why do you need 912E stuff. I bet that the 1.8L injectors are enough for even a 2.0L as they are the same I think as the bus ones. Just adjust the AFM wiper...
70_914
I drove 1.5 hours to show up for the swap meet. 45 minutes before the swap meet was scheduled to be over we arrived to see the last booth being taken down and put away. What a colossal waste of time.

I am starting to agree with the people who have hatred for Porsche owners... apparently all the monogrammed driving gloves were getting wet and everybody had to go back home for tea and crumpets.

mad.gif

I think I will renew my ties to VW clubs...

I did just buy a 2 owner 77 Rabbit that will work for "Original and Unrestored"...

OK, I am off my soap box... Tequila is making me feel happy now drunk.gif
sixnotfour
The good stuff is gone by 9:30, Thats if JW himself hasnt already bought it.
I just bought my son a 1 owner golf project.
long drive.

did ypu get my pm ?
70_914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 7 2010, 02:58 PM) *

The good stuff is gone by 9:30, Thats if JW himself hasnt already bought it.
I just bought my son a 1 owner golf project.
long drive.

did ypu get my pm ?

Yeah I got your PM. I am not home, but I will look at the shield Sunday. I have no need for it...

Kevin
JRust
Sorry to have missed you man. I was one of the later guys packing up. Just didn't see the point of hanging around as everyone was leaving. It also looked like nobody else would be coming. Felt like the tail end of things so we packed & left. Hope to see you at the BBQ tommorow biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 7 2010, 06:51 PM) *

I drove 1.5 hours to show up for the swap meet. 45 minutes before the swap meet was scheduled to be over we arrived to see the last booth being taken down and put away. What a colossal waste of time.

I am starting to agree with the people who have hatred for Porsche owners... apparently all the monogrammed driving gloves were getting wet and everybody had to go back home for tea and crumpets.

mad.gif

I think I will renew my ties to VW clubs...

I did just buy a 2 owner 77 Rabbit that will work for "Original and Unrestored"...

OK, I am off my soap box... Tequila is making me feel happy now drunk.gif

At JW swap the early bird catches the worm so if you aren't there by 8:15AM you miss out!
msglaigaie
I arrived late, had a great drive, only an hour and a half from B'ham. People were great, I got to learn some things about fuel injection, and did not buy a thing. I sold a few things, gave a bunch away(not enough says Herself), and had a GREAT time. Pics will be below, Identify yourself.

Click to view attachment
Herself (Lori)

Click to view attachment
This came up from So Cal
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Not everything was Porsche. I like the paint, Hot Rod Black
msglaigaie
more

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Somebody had pizza delivered. There was not enough for everyone in the class
Click to view attachment
"I need one about this high."
Click to view attachment
MSG L
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.