Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Pro-Built Engine 2.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carr914
Want to be the fastest car in your neighborhood or local track?

For Sale: Professionally Built 2.7 Six Cylinder engine ( ZERO Miles)

Mag 7R case - all machine work done at J-B Racing (over $2,000)
Carrera RS Pistons & Cylinders
Goetze Piston Rings
Polished Crank
All new Bearings
ARP Rod Bolts
Machined Head Seal Surface ( Decked for higher compression - can still use PumpGas))
All new Valves, Valve Springs, Hardware
Cylinder Head Work, Valve Job, Guides replaced
Web 158R 4 Bearing Cams
Four Bearing Cam Houses
New Chains, Rails, Tensioners etc
New Oil Return Tubes
Rebuilt Weber Carbs ( Bieker)
PMO Tall Intakes
K&N Filters with RainShields ( will be replacing the Custom Carr914 Shields)
New Valeo Alternator from Pelican (internal Regulator)

Everything except an Oil Cooler

Builder projects motor to make 240HP based on other similar builds

$15,000 - Will sell without Carbs if requested

Click to view attachment
BMXerror
Britain! Look! You said you needed more horsepower. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
koozy
I believe Brit's engine is just about the same as this one.
ArtechnikA
Very tempting...

I know I would be time and money ahead of the game (if 50 HP down) to do this instead of proceeding with my build. But that $20k step is a big one - mine is more like baby steps as the money trickles out instead of leaving in a big gulp...

Questions - no hurry on answers...

No flywheel, yes?
Webers - 40's or 46's ?
Stock 2,7 rods ?
Original head studs ?
Original 2,7 oil pump or something newer/updated ?
What's the 158R cam 'like' - E, S, Solex ... ? I've got a bookmark to the Web Cam site somewhere but I'm just looking for a ballpark characteristic...

If we get closer I'd want to know more about the case work, but at the moment I just have my nose pressed to the storefront glass...
carr914
No I don't have a good Flywheel ( at least I don't think I do, I know I have one with no life left in it)

Webers are 40's rebuilt by Bieker. I think 46's would be way too much. I've got PMO 46's on my 2.8 Twin-Plug.

Stock 2.7 Rods that were examined & polished

New Studs when Case work was done

3.2 Oil Pump

The Cams are ones that I traded my builder for when I converted to 4 Bearing Cam Houses. I will have to get with him for the profiles.

I may have a Dizzy - I have to dig.

I will be more than glad to put you in touch with my Builder to discuss the Case work or the build itself. Probably the most prominent Engine Builder on Pelican.

And like you said, you will be money & TIME ahead. There is a guy on Pelican selling 2.7 engine parts that when totalled come out about $13k, but then you have to do case work, head work, buy more parts and do installation.

T.C.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 11 2010, 09:12 AM) *

No I don't have a good Flywheel

de nada. Got a couple. Just asking 'what's in the box' ...

Webers are 40's rebuilt by Bieker. I think 46's would be way too much.
I think so too - hadda ask. 2,8RSR is the engine i'm building. Got a pair of 46's to run while I save up for the full-tilt MFI setup...

New Studs when Case work was done

Factory? ARP? Something else ?

The Cams are ones that I traded my builder for when I converted to 4 Bearing Cam Houses. I will have to get with him for the profiles.

profiles be nice but no panic hurry. Have the rockers been run-in with those cams? resurfaced? New?

I may have a Dizzy

Got a '75S dizzy that'd at least get it run in and putt around town.

Probably the most prominent Engine Builder on Pelican.

That could be any of them, to hear them tell it ;-)

And like you said, you will be TIME ahead

That's really all that makes it tempting, frankly. $20k in a lump vs an equivalent amount spread out over a while. I will be totalling up the receipts but I don't think my build will be much if any more than that...
carr914
Studs are Porsche Steel units

WebCam is not open for another hour, but according to their Website 158

Valve Lift
.450/.400

Duration
250/240

Duration @ 0.050
232/222

My Engine Builder has building Porsche Race motors for longer than I have known him ( > 25 years). He is the Engine Room Manager at one of the finest shops in the country. He has built a Type IV that I couldn't kill, a 2.5 Twin-Plug, my 2.8 Twin-Plug and this motor. His motors are in HSR, IMSA cars. He has a 962 motor on his bench right now.

The Case work included;
Shuffle-Pinned
Oil Mods
Screw-in Piston Squirters
Time certs/ Case Savers

I could deliver to PA for some gas money ( not much, the motor will fit in my Honda Civic hatchback) as I do need to see my Mom who is in a Home in Upstate NY with Alzheimers.

T.C.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 11 2010, 12:02 PM) *

I could deliver to PA for some gas money ( not much, the motor will fit in my Honda Civic hatchback) as I do need to see my Mom who is in a Home in Upstate NY with Alzheimers.

delivery is the least of my worries...

it's just a huge chunk of change.

I can get away with spending $1000 a month for 20 months on parts.
$20k in one month isn't in the picture any time soon...

Maybe after we refinance the place...

Either way, you're welcome to stop over on your trip up and or back - the guest room is available. Joy specializes in geri care (DON at a 140-bed facility in Quakertown) and has run an ALZ unit.
carr914
Rich & others,

I have an offer on the motor that I'm considering confused24.gif , so there is still a small window of opportunity for someone to get in under the wire.

T.C.
carr914
icon_bump.gif
carr914
New Lower price exclusively for the World. I think $20K scared off some people. And I have had Two Deals go Sour.

I have my 2.8 Twin-Plug motor (if someone wanted that, I would take an offer of over $50K) arriving from the same builder very soon. I need my engine stand for that. Also I'm going to buy a car from a fellow member here, so I need the $$ too complete that deal.

Crateing & International Shipping Available

Can deliver as far as Atlanta (during Petit LeMan week)

Here is the Cam Card with full info

Click to view attachment
carr914
The Motor is no longer For Sale. I'm building a new Race Car around it. driving.gif

Back up For Sale, The Race Car is going

T.C.
URY914
This must mean you are now able to afford a race car somehow?
carr914
Paul, Still waiting on my other deal. But you are getting to far ahead of me in pictures that I have to try to give you some competition on the track. driving.gif

Plus I think I have enough parts to build 3 race cars

T.C.
URY914
Bring it on.... biggrin.gif first.gif
carr914
Just got too much on my Plate so the Motor is Back up For Sale @ a Lower Price

$15k or BO

T.C.
porbmw
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 10 2011, 07:36 AM) *

Just got too much on my Plate so the Motor is Back up For Sale @ a Lower Price

$15k or BO

T.C.

P.M. sent
carr914
Today's pm's answered

T.C.
porbmw
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 10 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Today's pm's answered

T.C.

P.M sent
Dibs on engine with carbs, but without hats etc as discussed.
Thanks
carr914
Sale Pending
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.