Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upside of a scissor lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Makes unfolding a 914 a lot easier smile.gif The nature of the scissor lift puts all of the support back into the car once it is off the ground. Note in the pics the original door gap, and how the door has begun to droop, and once I ran the lift up, the gap opened back up and the door raised back into it's proper position. Measure everything and install bracing while in the air, dropped it down and all stayed in place biggrin.gif
Krieger
Millimeters matter!
EdwardBlume
WTF.gif

Show us the bracing please!
charliew
I think it needs a little more, the stripes and the handle pocket looks a little low still but you can fix it with the brace. The lift does give a lot of help though. Maybe a poboy could use a long 4x4 on each side with a floor jack under each side and one at the front in the center to get the same results.
Spoke
Excellent.

Maybe you should post this in the Homemade Tools thread. Not really a homemade tool but a way to use a tool meant to lift a car to use it for aligning a 914 chassis.

BTW, Nice looking car there. Love the yellow. I have a yellow 914 too except its got a outer coat of red on it. lol-2.gif
qa1142
I want one so bad, I looked at very nice used one 3 years ago for $600 should have jumped then.

Someday...

Just not having to bend down all the time poke.gif
McMark
That's awesome! thumb3d.gif
RFoulds
Would love one. Can't even find one to rent around here. How much should I pay for a used one in good shape??
pete-stevers
but look at the foot print, doesn't the support steel on the ground get in the way?
iamchappy
On mine and i think Scotty's one side is open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.