Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I made a mistake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vintage914racer
So I ordered rebel racing RSR bushing for my a-arms, but now that I look at the front suspension subframe it appears that the mounts for the rear of the a-arms don't come off. The rear mounts I'm talking about are the ones labeled "RSR" in the picture. Therefore I can install the rebel mounts. Am I making sense and correct in my thinking?

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
They will work. All the control arms are the same.
vintage914racer
My main area of concern is the circled area. I don't understand how the mounts integrate on this end, there doesn't appear to be room for the rear RSR mount.

Click to view attachment
jaxdream
You have to remove the torsion bars from the suspension , remove the adjusters and bars will come out the end after adjusters are off , then get the arms with the bushings and thier holders out of the crossmember ,pry out of that area , not real hard to remove . Then you clean up area , insert the new ones onto the arms, maybe a plastic / rawhide / rubber mallet will get them seated onto the arms. Then mount the arms with new bushings back into the crossmember .Just make sure you get the left and right sides in the correct side, these have a hole larger at top from fasctory to seat onto the mounting bracket on the body which the bigger hole slips over the bolt hole mount and the bottom with the smaller hole facing down so you slide bolts up into the mount and bolt on . Good luck , those look nice drooley.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
vintage914racer
The picture was just for reference, not my actual parts. I'm happy to say mine look a lot cleaner.
BigD9146gt
They fit. Fallow the instructions, and ask questions here, you'll get those on. Good purchase, they work really well.
BigD9146gt
anotha. And yes, they work with the steel cross bar as well.
tradisrad
I put Elephants on my car and came across these at a later date. I really like them and there does not seem to be a need for Elephants low friction mount!
If I were to do it again I think the RSR are the way to go.
You will love the ride they provide and you will quickly be looking to upgrade the rear bushings also!
vintage914racer
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Aug 13 2010, 06:24 AM) *

anotha. And yes, they work with the steel cross bar as well.

Thanks, BigD. That's exactly the pic I was looking for.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.