Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replica of the first Porsche prototype
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Someone made a replica of the very first Porsche prototype.

Mid engine rules ! ... smilie_pokal.gif

http://www.vintagereplicar.com/VintageReplicar/Home.html

pray.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 13 2010, 12:23 AM) *

pray.gif

Very cool! I would totally spend the money to get one if i had it!

Oh and I thought the VW Aerocoupe / Porsche 64 was the first Porsche?

Click to view attachment
johannes
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Aug 13 2010, 12:53 AM) *

pray.gif

Click to view attachment

I think this one is still considered as a VW. The Prototype 01 is the first car that has been built to be named Porsche

Quote from Porsche website

The Type 64 racing car built in 1938/39 for the long-distance Berlin-Rome race is acknowledged as the original ancestor of all subsequent sports cars to follow from Porsche in the years and decades to follow. Based on the Volkswagen Type 60, the Type 64 was seen by the “Kraft durch Freude“ (KdF – “Strength through Joy”) organisation as the ideal model for promoting sales of the Volkswagen, now re-named the ”KdF Car”. By 1939 Porsche had completed three racing coupés boasting a streamlined aluminium body and powered by a modified VW Boxer engine – but then the Berlin-Rome Race planned for September 1939 was postponed due to the War.
Bleyseng
It would look better if you cut a big ass hole in the roof! Thats the American way! biggrin.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 13 2010, 02:42 AM) *

pray.gif

Click to view attachment

I think this one is still considered as a VW. The Prototype 01 is the first car that has been built to be named Porsche

The Type 64 racing car built in 1938/39 for the long-distance Berlin-Rome race is acknowledged as the original ancestor of all subsequent sports cars to follow from Porsche in the years and decades to follow. Based on the Volkswagen Type 60, the Type 64 was seen by the “Kraft durch Freude“ (KdF – “Strength through Joy”) organisation as the ideal model for promoting sales of the Volkswagen, now re-named the ”KdF Car”. By 1939 Porsche had completed three racing coupés boasting a streamlined aluminium body and powered by a modified VW Boxer engine – but then the Berlin-Rome Race planned for September 1939 was postponed due to the War.

Ah ok did a little more research myself and technically the Aerocoupe was never officially badged or named as a Porsche so you are correct!

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 13 2010, 03:29 AM) *

It would look better if you cut a big ass hole in the roof! Thats the American way! biggrin.gif

Lmfao that's exactly what we they did during WWII. They chopped the roof and took it for a joy ride. The poor thing was driven until the engine died and then the car was scrapped sad.gif stupid Americans chair.gif hahaha
Bleyseng
It was sold to the buyer of the other one for parts..
Drums66
...Damn...what a cooool fuching car smilie_pokal.gif shades.gif popcorn[1].gif
(could be in my future..who know's) biggrin.gif

thank you, Johannes (Kanamit car again)
realred914
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Aug 13 2010, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 13 2010, 02:42 AM) *

pray.gif

Click to view attachment

Ah ok did a little more research myself and technically the Aerocoupe was never officially badged or named as a Porsche so you are correct!

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 13 2010, 03:29 AM) *

Lmfao that's exactly what we they did during WWII. They chopped the roof and took it for a joy ride. The poor thing was driven until the engine died and then the car was scrapped sad.gif stupid Americans chair.gif hahaha

I say stupid germans. you declare war, you get things broke, speically if your on the lossing end. hahahaha av-943.gif
johannes
BTW the Type 64 one that is exposed in the Porsche museum has a Porsche logo at the front. But this is a reconstruction and I can't see any Porsche logo on the old photo.
I think it was built as to promote the KDF.

As the type 64 had the engine suspended behind the rear wheels and a closed body, it is the real ancestor of the 356 / 911.

Prototype number one is a mid engined open roadster with a tuned VW engine ... wink.gif
Bleyseng
my photos of em
burton73
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 13 2010, 11:42 AM) *

my photos of em

My pix

BobClick to view attachment
realred914
thats teh ticket, small motor added to a light wieght small aerodynamic car. then you get great perfromance. probably good gas milage too!
championgt1
I used to want a speedster replica. Not any more! Way cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.