Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any experience w/ www.importmotor.com?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
casey944
Have been pondering freshening up my car and giving it some new life to renew my interest in the car... Has anyone ever heard of importmotor.com?

They advertise on ebay and I was specifically looking at this application...

http://www.importmotor.com/Store/ProductDe...mp;DealerId=108

Coupled with some weber 44s... Thoughts?

Seems like an economical solution for just a street car that i dont feel like putting a 9k engine in...

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Ask Jake he can tell you all about this engine

QUOTE(casey944 @ Aug 16 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Have been pondering freshening up my car and giving it some new life to renew my interest in the car... Has anyone ever heard of importmotor.com?

They advertise on ebay and I was specifically looking at this application...

http://www.importmotor.com/Store/ProductDe...mp;DealerId=108

Coupled with some weber 44s... Thoughts?

Seems like an economical solution for just a street car that i dont feel like putting a 9k engine in...

IPB Image

casey944
Thanks George... looking forward to any input. Need to freshen up my car and add some excitement to the car.
Cap'n Krusty
Like GEX, we've heard of them and what we've heard is NOT GOOD.

The Cap'n
914Sixer
RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
casey944
lots of people viewing this thread....

does anyone have suggestions for freshening a 1.7L to get more power ? I have no issue w/doing the work myself but would like some good suggestions for pieces/cams/p&ls to use.

prefer an option that doesnt cost 6k just in parts.

bfrymire
QUOTE(casey944 @ Aug 16 2010, 02:58 PM) *

does anyone have suggestions for freshening a 1.7L to get more power ? I have no issue w/doing the work myself but would like some good suggestions for pieces/cams/p&ls to use.

I thought McMark had a $5k longblock engine??? Might have been an old price. Do a search on 5k motor.

-- brett
johannes

I thought McMark had a $5k longblock engine??? Might have been an old price. Do a search on 5k motor.

-- brett

Yes, visit McMark's webpage. This is a serious engine combo that was developped by Jake Raby. The 1911 CC is even cheaper (4500) and has no core charge... http://www.originalcustoms.com/engines.php

Jake Raby
Google is your friend.. Just read.
RJMII
QUOTE(casey944 @ Aug 16 2010, 03:58 PM) *

What's your budget then?

How comfy do you feel building an engine? (rumor has it Jake's video is well done and walks you through the build)

Before I took a sawzall to my car and bastardized it with a watercooled turbo engine that has too much water... I learned the following:

Jake DOES have comepetitive prices. (i broke it all down and did part for part analisys on cost vs metal)

a pair of 2.0 liter heads, 96mm P&C's, the right cam (get your parts, call jake and buy a whole valve train assembly from him, he's willing to help his customers more so than some of his competitors)

build it yourself and you'll have a nice high revving 1911. smile.gif

anyways, that's what I was told before I did my conversion.
roadster fan
If your heads are decent and just need a basic rebuild you can use those for your 1911 build too. That is probably the cheapest way to upgrade. You use your crank, rods, get german 2.0l (94mm) and have em bored to 96mm, new KB pistons about $360.00.

You will have to avoid the while I am in there syndrome but you could do it yourself for a few grand. do you already have the carbs? I think 44's would be too big for the 1911, 40's would work though.

Do some research and you will find a way to do it in your budget.

Jim
ottox914
Do the McMark engine if you want bolt in and go. Get a Jake kit if you want to spin some wrenches. Hard to go wrong either way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.