What time should we get together?

Not 9:14

My plans are;
Go over to Gint's with Kar B Q
drop off
go to Dana's whenever
Gint
Just spit-ballin here...

I was thinking meet up somewhere, perhaps my house, noon or 1-ish at Dana's, maybe a run up into Ward/Nederland just for grins and then grillin at my joint around 4-ish. Since it's Sunday, call it a day around 7-ish give or take.
majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 26 2010, 05:50 AM) *

Just spit-ballin here...

I was thinking meet up somewhere, perhaps my house, noon or 1-ish at Dana's, maybe a run up into Ward/Nederland just for grins and then grillin at my joint around 4-ish. Since it's Sunday, call it a day around 7-ish give or take.

I say, Perfect

now reserve the canyon, so we don't have to deal with "Flatlanders"

and enjoy the colors!
Nie Zu Alt
Sounds like a plan...count Michelle and I in!
plymouth37
That sounds great!
Ferg
Good Plan beer3.gif
PeeGreen 914
That should work great beerchug.gif

Looking forward to this.
shelby/914
I'm in. Hopefully several of us Southerners can carpool up. Was supposed to take the Shelby to High Plains for a car show at the enduro on the 3rd. but I was just there for a driving event yesterday. I'm loving that track more every time I'm on it. Has anyone driven the course in a 4? I know Brant has raced there several times but he has a 6 and it's a race car? I'm thinking a 914 would be a blast but probably a lot slow. There will be a big diff between a 440hp, 347cid and a tired little 2.0L.
Sorry for the questions and a semi hijack.
Markl
Hi Jon, I see plans are already in motion, and I don't know if you would be interested in this, but I've been invited by Al Lager (long time Porsche SCCA guy) to go to an open house Sat. at the shop where his repro Abarth tub is being built. They are up north, bit farther than Mike Ginter, so we could get you into that area as well. Want me to try and wrangle another invite? I can pick you up in my 914, it will remind you of your GT .. not!
PeeGreen 914
That would be really cool but I don't get into Denver unti[code]l 9pm Saturday. Oh do I miss my 914. I'm really excited to get the two I will be but the Gt had my blood sweat and tears in it. plus all the memories.

Really looking forward meeting you all.
Black22
Man I miss Colorado...you guys sound like fun!!!
PeeGreen 914
So is there any karting places in Denver? I need to find something to fill Monday and Tuesday night happy11.gif
shelby/914
According to an article in the Denver Post , April 24th, there are eight, spread out all over town. Have not been to any since Malibu Grand Pre closed. Perhaps the info is in the archives.

Do we have a plan yet????
PeeGreen 914
8? wow, if anyone wants to go Karting on Monday or Tuesday night let me know beerchug.gif .

So it looks like we should have the booth up by 12:30 at the latest. If we are picked up by 1:00pm at the Sheraton we should be good to go for whatever. Do you guys want us to bring anything? Beer, alki, meat?

Let me know. piratenanner.gif
Gint
Danny - Plan? Look up a few posts. You know how we roll. That's as close as it's going to get probably. I'll research a drive route later. Unless someone else wants to volunteer. poke.gif Given Jon's departure time, we may have to skip a drive if we want to check out Dana's too. But a drive into Boulder at this time of year can be decent enough.

Jon - I can't pick you guys up. Too much going on. But there were some volunteers so let's see what happens. No rental beater eh?

Check out this weather report:
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Drive to Longmont Gint, Dana's in Longmont now.

Let me know what I can bring over, I will most likely meet up at Dana's and then head over to your place.

Ferg.
PeeGreen 914
I Think Rob mentioned he could pick us up. I can grab a rental if needed but rather not ust for one day.
Gint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 28 2010, 09:27 AM) *
Drive to Longmont Gint, Dana's in Longmont now. Let me know what I can bring over, I will most likely meet up at Dana's and then head over to your place. Ferg.
D'oh! I forgot. That's really just a straight line! Gonna have to give this some thought.

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 28 2010, 09:35 AM) *
I Think Rob mentioned he could pick us up. I can grab a rental if needed but rather not ust for one day.
Yeah, that's a bummer it's going to take so long to set up though. Doesn't give us much time for a drive into the hills. The colors are going to be killer this weekend since the weather's been so warm. Can't you guys start earlier or work faster or something? If we could start at a meeting point at say, 1:00, we could rip into the mountains from south-ish and back down north-ish into Longmont to Dana's. But you'd have to get a ride and get to the meet point by 1:00 to make it happen with plenty of time. We could still do it a little later, but the CO crew can really drag their heels sometimes. I have to plan for that. Sorry in advance guys, but you know it's true. poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
A drive would be nice if it can be done. It sucks that they aren't even opening the doors for us to set up until 12:00 dry.gif It only takes a few minutes to set everything up. We may be able to sneel in early but I won't know until I see on Sunday sad.gif
majkos
I'm in for a quick run

maybe drop off Kar-B -q sat.? aftter c&c

That way I'm ready, on call, for a color run.
914runnow
Is there an addy or directions to Gintz yet??
Have a contractor here on Sunday,
but grab Gaddy or vice versa,
be there 5 ish....
will come off e-470....
Gint
My address won't be posted here Rex. Neither will Dana's (by me anyway). I'll email it to you.
PeeGreen 914
My phone number is public so I can post it here. Add me and send me a text if you want me to have your number.206-954-3006
plymouth37
Feel free to PM me for my address. A drive in the mountains does sound nice, wish I had a teener that wasn't in a thousand pieces to bring along!
PeeGreen 914
Okay, this may change things. I just found out that the welcome banquet Sunday night is not optional. It starts at six. We must have our booth set up by 5 meaning 4:30 is the latest we can be out till if we don't set the booth up early. That said, if we wait till later to set up we can meet earlier and have fun longer. Will that work? Otherwise, we set up at noon, meet up at 1 and then have to be back by 530

What do you guys think works best.
Gint
Again, just throwin this out there... suggestions are welcome.

Let's start a drive at 11:00, up through the hills and down into Longmont and Dana's place and call that good. The drive I have in mind should only take 1-2 hours tops, even with dickin around. And anyone that wants to skip the drive can and just meet us at Dana's. If anybody wants to they can stop buy my house for a cold one on the way back down south. For that matter, we could still grill up some meat without you. wink.gif Or if you have time, even better. But this would theoretically put you back downtown easily enough by as early as 2:00, 4:00 at the latest, or 5:30 if you want to hang out.
majkos
Works for me.
Click to view attachment

Grillin' green chili!

New twist to my
"Paint Peelin' Green Chili"
PeeGreen 914
We can start at 11 or earlier if you like. We just need to be back by 4:30 at the latest. I would love to hang out as long as I can so whatever works best for you guys.
Gint
I can't really plan earlier than 11:00 because I'm on call. Sunday morning's can be a little busy. If I wait until 11:00 then I'm probably safe. You could always have Rob pick you guys up and have breakfast before the meet. If you do that, post the time and name of the joint here so others can join if they're so inclined.
mojorisen914
Ok, I'm officially confused. Have we set a time and place for Sunday?

My teener either has a tranny problem, clutch problem or both. Not sure and haven't had time to tear into it. With that said; I probably won't go for the drive unless it's in my truck.

Gint,
Can you PM me directions to your place? Also, what do I need to bring?

Jon,
Here's my number again: 720-878-5300. Give me a call in the next couple of days if you still want me to pick you up on Sunday.

LMK
Gint
Relax there everybody. Plans keep changing anyway. And I have an actual job going on over here. I'll get a plan together probably tonight. All we really need at this point is the location of the meeting point for the drive. And I haven't figured out where it's going to be yet. wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think breakfast with a few guys that can make it would be great. Rob, are you able to pick me and my coworker up Sunday morning or should I get a rental?

Maybe have who can make breakfast pick a place and then plan on whatever Gint puts together after that beerchug.gif BBQ chowtime.gif
Gint
Once you guys get to the meet point you could get a 914 ride. There should be enough seats available.
Gint
Point A to point B. Dana's place is a couple of blocks form Point B. Too long?

Google Maps link

Same map, with Gint's house (give or take a mile) added
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 30 2010, 03:35 PM) *

I think breakfast with a few guys that can make it would be great. Rob, are you able to pick me and my coworker up Sunday morning or should I get a rental?

Maybe have who can make breakfast pick a place and then plan on whatever Gint puts together after that beerchug.gif BBQ chowtime.gif

Jon,
Yeah, we can pick you two up but it won't be in the teener (tranny/clutch problem). Give me a call and we can setup a time.
Gint
I see you Ben. This is the fall tour you promised to show up for.
majkos
Rob want to work on your 914 sat?
LMK
maybe get it fixed before sunday? smile.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 1 2010, 05:09 AM) *

av-943.gif I notice it too av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Oct 1 2010, 06:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 30 2010, 03:35 PM) *

Jon,
Yeah, we can pick you two up but it won't be in the teener (tranny/clutch problem). Give me a call and we can setup a time.

I will give you call tomorrow before I get on the plane beerchug.gif
mojorisen914
QUOTE(majkos @ Oct 1 2010, 09:13 AM) *

Rob want to work on your 914 sat?
LMK
maybe get it fixed before sunday? smile.gif

Kevin,
I'll text you in a little while. This could be as simple as a tranny swap to get by for the weekend and then address the problem later this winter.
BMartin914
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 1 2010, 05:09 AM) *

Oh yeah, the fall tour that was happening the SECOND weekend in Oct. because you were on call this weekend. That tour.

If some consensus can be reached, I'll be there. This thread is all over the place. I'm going to wash that car and hope that we have some consensus on this by Sunday. I would love to get the car out one last time before I say buh-bye.

I am going to continue to lurk even though I avoid this board like the plague. shades.gif
Gint
Ben, Ben, Ben... If you actually read the thread, you'd realize that it's a progression that's taken place over the course of a week or two. It has culminated into a loose plan including a drive on Sunday, a visit to Dana's to see Project Anklebiter, and then a BBQ at my joint.

Jon, I'll update your first post in this thread beer3.gif with the details and the map.

No one objected, so the plan basically is:

Sunday 10/3 11:00 sharp (if you're one of those people that can't make anything on time, plan to be there at 10:30.) we'll leave Golden at the 7-11 in the map. Drive through the hills and down into Longmont to Dana's, arriving there between 1:30 and 2:00. From there we can head to my place (also on the map) and do some grillin, beer swillin and bench racin. Actual addresses will be disseminated at the meeting points. If you plan to just make on of the stops, PM myself or Dana for addresses. For all that are coming over to my place, all I need you to bring is drinks. Whatever you want. Plus some beer for me and Shar. beer3.gif We'll provide the food, burgers, dogs, chips and some salads from Costco type stuff.

Clear as mud? I hope so, because that's as good as it's going to get.

Here's the map once again < - Linky
TROJANMAN
I'll be leading a second drive on a different route for those of you that are familiar with the secret handshake.

Oh wait, wrong event tongue.gif

I'll try and talk my niece into this. driving.gif

Weather has been AWESOME. Just not sure what we are going to do with all of the tourists on the roads though..........

Mike - I'll call you if I can make it.
BMartin914
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 1 2010, 05:06 PM) *

Ben, Ben, Ben... If you actually read the thread, you'd realize that it's a progression that's taken place over the course of a week or two. It has culminated into a loose plan including a drive on Sunday, a visit to Dana's to see Project Anklebiter, and then a BBQ at my joint.

Jon, I'll update your first post in this thread with the details and the map.

No one objected, so the plan basically is:

Sunday 10/3 11:00 sharp (if you're one of those people that can't make anything on time, plan to be there at 10:30.) we'll leave Golden at the 7-11 in the map. Drive through the hills and down into Longmont to Dana's, arriving there between 1:30 and 2:00. From there we can head to my place (also on the map) and do some grillin, beer swillin and bench racin. Actual addresses will be disseminated at the meeting points. If you plan to just make on of the stops, PM myself or Dana for addresses.

A plan! Fantastic! I'll actually see you guys in Golden tomorrow. Bring a camera. biggrin.gif
majkos
Dam Dude!
How many years it been?
Be good to finally do a run with you. driving.gif
Gint
Kevin are you going to bring the CarBQ up today or tomorrow before the run?

I'm heading out for Coffee and Cars in about 15 minutes.

majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 2 2010, 05:25 AM) *

Kevin are you going to bring the CarBQ up today or tomorrow before the run?

I'm heading out for Coffee and Cars in about 15 minutes.

I'm bringing her!
plymouth37
There is plenty of parking out back at my place so people don't have to park on the street. Enter the alley from 8th street , it is flat so low cars should be able to get in easily, my driveway is the first one on the left. Don't try to get in off of 9th, the entrance to the alley on that side is a massive valley that is basically impassible. Look forward to seeing everybody!
BMartin914
QUOTE(majkos @ Oct 2 2010, 05:13 AM) *

Dam Dude!
How many years it been?
Be good to finally do a run with you. driving.gif

TOO LONG!

Got the car all cleaned up. Still suffering from a sticking #4 injector that I am going to have to deal with in the morning, but it's a small price to pay to see you guys! beer3.gif

Looking forward to it!
PeeGreen 914
At the airport now. See you guys tomorrow. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.