Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix IgnitorII on 2.0 stock FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveherman
For the ignitor 2 what modifications have to be done?
I have "HEARD" all you have to do is shave the bottom of the rotor for clearances.
Does anyone know for sure if this is this true?
Does anyone KNOW FOR SURE what else (if anything) has to be done?
SLITS
Pull the rubber plug from the side of the dizzy to run the Ignitior wires out of. I used to pull one and drill out the copper spade terminal and run the wires through it.

All you have to do is make sure the rotor body doesn't scrape the pickup and that the height is acceptable for the cap to fit on.

That's about it except for hooking the wires up and retiming the engine.
steveherman
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 19 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Pull the rubber plug from the side of the dizzy to run the Ignitior wires out of. I used to pull one and drill out the copper spade terminal and run the wires through it.

All you have to do is make sure the rotor body doesn't scrape the pickup and that the height is acceptable for the cap to fit on.

That's about it except for hooking the wires up and retiming the engine.

That sounds like the install for ignitor 1 not 2 (from what i am told)...
Right?
I am only asking about the ignitor 2 version.
ThinAir
QUOTE(steveherman @ Aug 19 2010, 05:47 PM) *

That sounds like the install for ignitor 1 not 2 (from what i am told)...
Right?
I am only asking about the ignitor 2 version.

The last time I checked there was no version 2 for our distributors. The version 1 needed a bit of grinding to clear something (it's been so long that I don't remember what). Doing the same for an Ignitor II would be no big deal, but I could never figure out what to order since there wasn't one listed for the 914.
SLITS
In looking at the images of the Ignitor II, it isn't any different than the Ignitor. Apparently, they may have added an IC chip for more features.

It's just a Hall Effect trigger.

I used a Compufire module once .... all the other installations I have done were the Crane Optical XR700 (my preference).
blitZ
I tried an Ignitor II made for a 6 cyl Bosch coil with the 4 cyl magnet piece and it never worked right. YMMV.
steveherman
here is the link to the 1847 series fir porsche and vw
http://www.shopatron.com/home/search/591.0...p;x=22&y=14

the one i am talking about is the 91847a

underthetire
+1 on the Compu-Fire. I like it much better.
Bleyseng
+2 on compu fire as it doesn't burn out if you leave the key on while listening to the radio....BTDT
steveherman
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 20 2010, 11:17 AM) *

+2 on compu fire as it doesn't burn out if you leave the key on while listening to the radio....BTDT

The ignitor 2 also has fixed that problem.
that is why i am asking about the pertronix.
any other solution is not an option right now.
brant
The number you gave is for the aftermarket bosche 009, or 050 distributor.... neither of which are compatible with a stock fuel injection. That part isn't made for your car if you have stock fuel injection. I have never tried to cross models, but doubt very much it would fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.