Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official "I need a tow to Moab" convoy thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Hah ... I told you I don't trust /6s after my last experience ... anyway ..

I plan on leaving Riverslime about 3 PM at the latest on Thur Sep 9th. Plan is to make Mesquite, NV sometime that nite. I have a room booked at the Virgin River Resort ( $25.00 + tax greed) to break the trip to Moab. Mileage is 319 miles

Plan on departing Mesquite about 7 AM on the 10th (after breakfast) to make Moab drunk.gif about 2 - 3 PM in the afternoon. Mileage is 378 miles.

I only stop to pee and get gas. If someone is whining, I may stop for a quick fast food snack ... none of those leisurely hour lunches for me.

If you want to join me ... bring a rope to tow me as /6s are really unreliable.

OneOfThemNARPGuys
Need a toe tow? My religion does not allow I drive through Beaver, it is a breach of the 40 virgeen cuntract. You will be on your own SLOTS!
SLITS
I see you assume that Virgeens really do exist in Utah bs.gif

As far as Beaver .......... It'll be a quickie
Sleepin
California has not fallen in yet? huh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 21 2010, 03:23 PM) *

California has not fallen in yet? huh.gif

Well Eric .... since you live in the "Land of The Glowing Desert", you will never live to see beach front property.

We're so smoke.gif light out here, we'll never sink!

Tom_T
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 21 2010, 08:32 AM) *

I plan on leaving Riverslime about 3 PM at the latest on Thur Sep 9th. Plan is to make Mesquite, NV sometime that nite. I have a room booked at the Virgin River Resort ( $25.00 + tax greed) to break the trip to Moab. Mileage is 319 miles

Plan on departing Mesquite about 7 AM on the 10th (after breakfast) to make Moab drunk.gif about 2 - 3 PM in the afternoon. Mileage is 378 miles.

I only stop to pee and get gas. If someone is whining, I may stop for a quick fast food snack ... none of those leisurely hour lunches for me.

Don't need a /6 - I did 126 mph (downhill) on I-15 through the Virgin River Gorge at midnight-ish in my 73 914-2.0 one Sept. back in the day, on my way to a Rugby Tournament in Park City! w00t.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 21 2010, 08:32 AM) *

When You say Rvsd you mean at your shop, right?
driving.gif
SLITS
Yeppers .........

Could also form up anywhere on I-15.

I did 126 in my 4, but the six will do that going UPHILL .... easily biggrin.gif

I have another 4 but it is not "Prime Time Ready" as yet.
76-914
I'll be there by 2pm so I can sober up a little before we go. Hey Andy, you following this? shades.gif
OneOfThemNARPGuys
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2010, 07:36 PM) *

I'll be there by 2pm so I can sober up a little before we go.

Your futile attempt at sobriety is noted! beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif smoke.gif huh.gif
76-914
I thought you had been participating Ron, but those rooms really are 24.99. I got one poolside.
76-914
icon_bump.gif Time to bring this back to the front of the line. Just in case there are any new attendee's from the SoCal area. It would be neat if we could connect w/ the AZ coalition and arrive Moab as a large flight of 914's. idea.gif
SLITS
Thanks for finding it .... smoke.gif

Choices of meeting places @ this point:

1.) The Shop

2.) Silverwood cutoff on I15

3.) Marie Calendars in Victorville

4.) Mesquite, NV

It's kinda nice on a 700 mile trek to have a few within cell range. There is usually a problem somewhere that requires attention. Hopefully not though.

Oh, Didn't look at an alternate route to try & meet the AZ peeps. If it has anything to do with going near Torrey, UT .... I ain't doing that road again out of Hurricane and into the wilderness ......

/L is going, but don't know when she is leaving. Joe & Betsy will be rolling too, but can't remember what Joe told me. unsure.gif

Rique & SO want to run together or just meet in Mesquite.

I will be leaving the Shop no later than 3 PM (hopefully 2:30) on Thursday. Cell is (951) Seven Five One Three Five Eight Four. If another number pops up, I may have it forwarded to my other cell.

That's my part other than "Oh Sacred Gods of Porsche ... Get me there and back ... " pray.gif

As far as meeting up with AZ peeps, I haven't looked at an alternative route. If it has anything to do with going thru Hurricane, the one mile tunnel and anywhere near Torrey, UT ..... count me out
76-914
RiqueMar wants to join up w/ us. He's coming thru here noonish then it's to Kansas to join up w/ you and whomever. So..............we should roll in there by 1pm and if you wanted to leave earlier, it's OK, too.
SLITS
Ok, I'll see if I can manage to bail before 2.
ThinAir
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 27 2010, 08:40 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Time to bring this back to the front of the line. Just in case there are any new attendee's from the SoCal area. It would be neat if we could connect w/ the AZ coalition and arrive Moab as a large flight of 914's. idea.gif

Well if you are coming across I-40, through Flagstaff, Mike & I will be leaving Friday morning. Our route takes us to Tuba City, Kayenta, Monument Valley, then North to Moab.
RiqueMar
If it helps I can leave later so people can have more time, doesnt really matter to me.
MoveQik
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 27 2010, 08:40 AM) *

Would be glad to meet with you guys. You would have to go through Flagstaff then up from there. I would think that adds to your drive. However, iffin you decide to do so, we are leaving Thursday going up through Flagstaff and staying Thursday night in Kayenta. We'll leave there Friday morning. Hopefully Ernie and Mike get out of Flagstaff early and head up with us! driving.gif
SLITS
As much as I would like to follow your trailer av-943.gif, Flag is a bit out of the way ...

I admit that I-15 to I-70 and across is really boring, but ......
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 31 2010, 06:26 AM) *

As much as I would like to follow your trailer av-943.gif, Flag is a bit out of the way ...

Hey old man! I am driving this year. Now Jason IS towing but since the guy is 6' 6", 220, I ain't saying a word about it.
AZ914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 31 2010, 06:41 AM) *

Hey old man! I am driving this year. Now Jason IS towing but since the guy is 6' 6", 220, I ain't saying a word about it.

Yeah, I thought I'd be the support vehicle for this trip.. smile.gif Someone needs to bring the cooler, cerveza, water, chairs and other parking lot accessories!

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned about driving the teener thru FENIX then uphill 6000 feet in 100F heat. Oh yeah, the truck has A/C and Sirius too. bye1.gif
Sleepin
You only said cerveza once. dumbass.gif
Eric_Shea
...but he also said "accessories"
AZ914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 31 2010, 01:46 PM) *

You only said cerveza once. dumbass.gif

SHEESH!! beerchug.gif
SLITS
Cerveza is for wussys

Cassadores only or Cassadores solimente.

Unless

smoke.gif

"I can see for miles and miles and miles .... Ooooooo yeaaah!"
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 31 2010, 04:58 PM) *

Cerveza is for wussys

Unless

smoke.gif

Uh-Oh. I didnt know anyone else wanted Tequila! I'm bringing the Patron and Herradura.
MoveQik
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 1 2010, 12:20 AM) *

Cerveza is for wussys

Unless

smoke.gif

Uh-Oh. I didnt know anyone else wanted Tequila! I'm bringing the Patron and Herradura.

Tequila is an event staple. However, this year I'm not sure if Joe will want us in his new Neverland palace. willis.gif
AZ914

Cerveza is for wussys

Unless

smoke.gif

Dude.. serves as a good chaser.
AZ914

Don't let Joe see you drinking Patron.. he'll kick you out of his camper! bye1.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:54 AM) *

Don't let Joe see you drinking Patron.. he'll kick you out of his camper! bye1.gif

agree.gif

There can be only one Tequila. If it does not have a Buck on the front of the bottle...don't let Joe see it. first.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 1 2010, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:54 AM) *

agree.gif

There can be only one Tequila. If it does not have a Buck on the front of the bottle...don't let Joe see it. first.gif

I think this is a good time to mention that I'm Mexican, and thus, completely immune to Tequila happy11.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 1 2010, 09:40 AM) *

I think this is a good time to mention that I'm Mexican, and thus, completely immune to Tequila happy11.gif

I am not immune but I do find that I become an expert on every subject when I consume enough. drunk.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 1 2010, 08:40 AM) *

How did you get on the invite list?
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 31 2010, 05:41 AM) *

Hey old man! I am driving this year.

shut up
Sleepin
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 2 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Now we can't call Greg "Token" anymore!

All the more Tecate cans to clean up! poke.gif lol-2.gif
TROJANMAN
modelo
Sleepin
Stay Thirsty feat. Elliot XX
RiqueMar
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 2 2010, 09:08 AM) *

Sh*t.... just realized I have to go through Arizona..... Well, if I don't show up, you can kinda guess what happened. busted_cop.gif
MoveQik

We all just assumed you guys were related. hide.gif biggrin.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 2 2010, 11:39 AM) *

We all just assumed all you guys were related. hide.gif biggrin.gif

Fixed it for you! beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 2 2010, 10:34 AM) *

Sh*t.... just realized I have to go through Arizona..... Well, if I don't show up, you can kinda guess what happened. busted_cop.gif

No problema, mijo. If your caravaning w/ us I'll just tell them your mid eastern gathering intel. That ought to get you thru AZ.
76-914
icon_bump.gif OK, so here we are w/ < 4 days to go, so let's bump this up one more time for those SoCal'ers that may want to help tow Ron to the RRC. Just remember that if anyone asks; Ron was pushing you with a stiff rope. lol-2.gif Wed will be wash, pack, oil change, check tire pressure and try to sleep that nite. See you guys at Ron's. Enrique, I'll call you Tues or Wed to confirm our trip up to Ron's. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif bootyshake.gif happy11.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 6 2010, 08:13 AM) *

icon_bump.gif OK, so here we are w/ < 4 days to go, so let's bump this up one more time for those SoCal'ers that may want to help tow Ron to the RRC. Just remember that if anyone asks; Ron was pushing you with a stiff rope. lol-2.gif Wed will be wash, pack, oil change, check tire pressure and try to sleep that nite. See you guys at Ron's. Enrique, I'll call you Tues or Wed to confirm our trip up to Ron's. piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif bootyshake.gif happy11.gif

Sounds cool, where on the 15 are you? I was planning on leaving around 12-1 and could just meet you off the freeway?

BTW, congrats on your 500th post
76-914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 6 2010, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 6 2010, 08:13 AM) *

Sounds cool, where on the 15 are you? I was planning on leaving around 12-1 and could just meet you off the freeway?

BTW, congrats on your 500th post

Hey Rick, thx. We can meet at the Murrieta Hot Springs exit on IH 15. It will be the first exit past the 79N / Winchester Rd. exit. Turn right on Murrieta Hot Spgs then immediatly on the right is a gas/convenience store (may be an AM/PM, not sure) You can't miss it. I'll be in the parking lot. In case there are more 914's, I'll be in the white one. Llamame "sal y pimienta". 1:00pm ?
Sleepin
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 6 2010, 09:13 AM) *

Ron was pushing you with a stiff rope.

I figured that Ron was way too old to do that! av-943.gif

Glad I won't be the only white 914 there! biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
RiqueMar
Sounds cool. I'll leave here at noon, so yeah, between 1 and 1:30. I only say that because I don't know what the 76 will look like at that time.

I'll be in the black 75'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.