Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Let's get all the Z-Dogs and 914-Cats together again! The September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is Saturday September 25th 9am to noonish at Family Donuts and Deli - 9045 Fair Oaks Blvd at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue. Shine 'em up guys!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Come on down and join the gang at the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! You never know who will show!
biosurfer1
well since you posted a pic of my car in the last post, I guess I can make it this month:)
ConeDodger

Come on out and get your donut on! The weather will be cooler and I will be able to tell you Red Rocks stories evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger

Time to poke.gif you guys and see who is going to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. Mark and I will have gone to the RRC event in Moab and I will bring the picture frame thingy that scrolls through the pictures. Don't be shy! Come on down!
orange914
if kenny isn't working he'll probably make it, but if i cant, i need your word you won't let him leave with out a chocolate old fashon. piratenanner.gif
mike
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 30 2010, 06:19 PM) *

if kenny isn't working he'll probably make it, but if i cant, i need your word you won't let him leave with out a chocolate old fashon. piratenanner.gif
mike

You got it Mike. I will even buy it for him...
trent1542
I will come next year when my 914 project is finished!

pic related, my 914
Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
Trent, where about in Roseville do you live?
ConeDodger
Why wait till next year Trent? Come down and meet the guys, maybe you can get some help and your car will be done this year!!! Brett is in Roseville. Oh, it's ok. He isn't ashamed of living in Roseville... evilgrin.gif
trent1542
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 30 2010, 10:10 PM) *

I live near Woodcreek Highschool.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 30 2010, 11:07 PM) *

Why wait till next year Trent? Come down and meet the guys, maybe you can get some help and your car will be done this year!!! Brett is in Roseville. Oh, it's ok. He isn't ashamed of living in Roseville... evilgrin.gif

confused24.gif Nah, there is no way that I could finish it this year. It's not because there is a lot to do, just the amount of money I have to put in it!
My 914 is close to rust free, just some surface rust in the cabin and in the engine compartment where the battery tray used to be sawzall-smiley.gif
Maybe I will come down but I hold no promises! smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Aug 31 2010, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 30 2010, 10:10 PM) *

I live near Woodcreek Highschool.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 30 2010, 11:07 PM) *

confused24.gif Nah, there is no way that I could finish it this year. It's not because there is a lot to do, just the amount of money I have to put in it!
My 914 is close to rust free, just some surface rust in the cabin and in the engine compartment where the battery tray used to be sawzall-smiley.gif
Maybe I will come down but I hold no promises! smile.gif

Trent,
In many cases you will find that the other guys have parts that you need and will give them away or trade them or sell them at reduced prices. We also help each other. Last year, I had knee surgery and Brett came over and did a valve adjustment for me. What we are trying to do with this event is build a community that goes beyond the virtual one here. You should come...
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 31 2010, 09:44 AM) *

Trent,
In many cases you will find that the other guys have parts that you need and will give them away or trade them or sell them at reduced prices. We also help each other. Last year, I had knee surgery and Brett came over and did a valve adjustment for me. What we are trying to do with this event is build a community that goes beyond the virtual one here. You should come...

I've bought 2 things from somebody on here already! But I predict many more purchases to be made through this site. Unless somebody would like to *donate* an entire 1.7l fuel injection system then this project will not be done before the end of 2010.
Anyway, I may or may not come to this reunion for Porsche owners, even though this is my first Porsche car smile.gif
ConeDodger
Trent,
I pulled out my dashtop tonight to send out for restoration. I could have used your help but wait! We don't know you yet!!! Catch my drift?
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 31 2010, 06:46 PM) *

Trent,
I pulled out my dashtop tonight to send out for restoration. I could have used your help but wait! We don't know you yet!!! Catch my drift?

I have no idea how to take out my dash! Yes, I catch your drift, I'll talk to my dad tonight or tomorrow because today is his birthday.

All I have really done on my 914, so far, is take out the seats and carpet and rip up some of the tar that has cracked and let water in to rust. I got 1 more weekend to do that and then I'm planning to take it in the garage and drop the engine&trans and do a complete assessment and rebuild.

Oh, I got a question though, Is it bad if the corner (where the battery tray is) is rusted through? I'm afraid that even if I removed the rust and patch over it with fiberglass (as I have no skills in welding) that the corner will still be weak.

Here is a pic of the corner (The battery tray is no longer there)
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Aug 31 2010, 06:31 PM) *

Trent,

I have no idea how to take out my dash! Yes, I catch your drift, I'll talk to my dad tonight or tomorrow because today is his birthday.

All I have really done on my 914, so far, is take out the seats and carpet and rip up some of the tar that has cracked and let water in to rust. I got 1 more weekend to do that and then I'm planning to take it in the garage and drop the engine&trans and do a complete assessment and rebuild.

Oh, I got a question though, Is it bad if the corner (where the battery tray is) is rusted through? I'm afraid that even if I removed the rust and patch over it with fiberglass (as I have no skills in welding) that the corner will still be weak.

Click to view attachment

Here's the problem Trent. Porsche decided to put the battery there and because they were open cell batteries they leaked. This led to rust. You have a situation that needs rust repair not cosmetic repair. The spot where it is rusted through is just above the suspension mounting points and just aft of the longitudinal on the passenger side. Both need the support of that area you have rusted. Start a thread with that picture and ask 'what should I do here'

If I were you, I would just trailer it down to Mark at Original Customs and have him weld in a new panel from Restoration Designs.
Lennies914
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Aug 31 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Trent,

Click to view attachment

Trent,

I'm afraid your rust issues may be more than you want to know. They are beyond a fiberglass patch. You need to meet some of the guys and get some goood solid advise and help. I am pretty new to this myself, but I have devoted most every saturday to 914 stuff. If I am not working on my own stuff then I am available to help anyone else within say a 100 mile radius. It's an excuse to drive the car driving.gif
Point is; take advantage of the knowledge and help that is out there. It's what makes it what it is. Fun.
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 31 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Here's the problem Trent. Porsche decided to put the battery there and because they were open cell batteries they leaked. This led to rust. You have a situation that needs rust repair not cosmetic repair. The spot where it is rusted through is just above the suspension mounting points and just aft of the longitudinal on the passenger side. Both need the support of that area you have rusted. Start a thread with that picture and ask 'what should I do here'

If I were you, I would just trailer it down to Mark at Original Customs and have him weld in a new panel from Restoration Designs.

would that repair be expensive?

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 31 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Trent,

I'm afraid your rust issues may be more than you want to know. They are beyond a fiberglass patch. You need to meet some of the guys and get some goood solid advise and help. I am pretty new to this myself, but I have devoted most every saturday to 914 stuff. If I am not working on my own stuff then I am available to help anyone else within say a 100 mile radius. It's an excuse to drive the car driving.gif
Point is; take advantage of the knowledge and help that is out there. It's what makes it what it is. Fun.

PM me and maybe we can make a date to meet each other if I don't make it to the sept 25th reunion.

I live about 90 miles away from discovery bay.
ConeDodger
Mark is pretty reasonable. You should PM him (McMark) and have him take a look at your picture. The thing is, you need an assessment to determine what else needs to be repaired. Mind you, much worse has been repaired. Do a search for a thread by FourBlades. He took a car that was mostly gone and put it back to pretty nice...

Mark could even put your battery tray back to where it belongs. Dude's got mad skillz and a big brain.
raw1298
There are some great people with some even better advice here. I had the same rust on my car and was able to fix myself from advice and pictures from this site. The Sac family is great, and if I ever get a real job that would allow Saturdays off, I would get to know them even better. smile.gif It is worth the money for the best donuts around and the knowledge that sits at the table with you. I only live about ten minutes away and would be happy to come by and help.
Cambo
Hey Trent, I showed up to one of these without my 914 because it wasn't road worthy at the time. I had a blast and Lennie gave me a part that I needed to get it on the road. Come with or without your teener. It's fun! Also, McMark looked at my battery tray rust (which is pretty bad) and I'm going to have him work on it this winter. He seems like the guy to go to for hell hole rust.
McMark
I'm a sucker for an early irish green 914. drooley.gif
trent1542
Well I think that should stop posting my 914 troubles in this thread, I started one on my car a while ago but it hasn't gotten many replies lately.
I will probably come down to the reunion and meet some of the sac guys.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

(sung to the tune of Bob Marley's One Love)

Rust Love! Rust Love! Let's get together and feel alright! Come on down to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! September 25th - 9am to noonish...
ConeDodger

Come on down to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Let's fill the parking lot and get some complaints from the regular patrons! Who cares! Let me see if I can't get McMark to come up and do some rust assessment for some of the local guys...
ConeDodger

Let's see the gang all together again at the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. Red Rocks Pictures will be on display! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

I need to make one of these....
tracer
This is just what I was looking for. I will be trying to attend the "Donut Rally".
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tracer @ Sep 3 2010, 06:36 AM) *

This is just what I was looking for. I will be trying to attend the "Donut Rally".

Brian,
After six years of membership here and only five posts and never having made it to an event, I don't know whether to tell you to get out more or get online more! av-943.gif

Hope to see you there!
ConeDodger

Three weeks and two hours till the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion... The excitement is almost non-existent. (calm bunch) av-943.gif See you there...
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2010, 07:10 AM) *

Three weeks and two hours till the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion... The excitement is almost non-existent. (calm bunch) av-943.gif See you there...

You're making me all excited with these pictures biggrin.gif
icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Sep 4 2010, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2010, 07:10 AM) *

You're making me all excited with these pictures biggrin.gif
icon_bump.gif

Trent, with the exception of the first two pictures in the thread and your pictures, all of these were taken at the events. Come on down and see!
ConeDodger

Get your tail over to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Those donuts don't eat themselves fool!!! biggrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
Hey Rob, Nice choice of a picture on that blue car, I wander if the owner will sell? Not!!! John driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Sep 5 2010, 11:25 AM) *

Hey Rob, Nice choice of a picture on that blue car, I wander if the owner will sell? Not!!! John driving.gif

I am hoping the owner of the blue car shows up next event. I have some windshield trim that needs to be straightened, polished and re-anodized. I hear he may have a source... evilgrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif

Ever see a cheerleader do the bump? See you at the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! September 25th 9am to noonish...
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 6 2010, 07:09 AM) *

cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif icon_bump.gif cheer.gif

Ever see a cheerleader do the bump? See you at the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! September 25th 9am to noonish...

All those 914's... drooley.gif

where was this pic from? sorta looks like Tahoe
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Sep 6 2010, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 6 2010, 07:09 AM) *

All those 914's... drooley.gif

where was this pic from? sorta looks like Tahoe

Tahoe. May of this year...
ConeDodger

The event is still a couple weeks off but I have to go to Moab to make sure McMark behaves. You guys remember to mark your calendar for the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! See you there!
ConeDodger

Don't forget the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Bring an appetite and your RRC pics if you go/went... September 25th - 9am to noonish!
al weidman
Looks like my wife is sending me for donuts again. Al shades.gif

ConeDodger

Well there you go! The most important reason I can think of. Susan needs donuts. You guys realize Al and sometimes his brother Harvey come all the way from Oroville to these events. What's your excuse? See you at the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. As I said before, we will have a picture show of the RRC event. Be there and don't go hungry! chowtime.gif
trent1542
icon_bump.gif
Cambo
My car is mad at me. It wants some work done, but I can't afford parts right now. I'm trying to talk it into going for a doughnut. We'll see....
ConeDodger

Don't forget! Saturday September 25th... The September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion. 9am to noonish! These cars run better on donuts chowtime.gif
ConeDodger

Get your tail in gear and come down to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We got your donut right here! chowtime.gif
trent1542
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 14 2010, 08:04 AM) *

Get your tail in gear and come down to the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We got your donut right here! chowtime.gif

happy 9/14! irish914.jpg sunglasses.gif biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just a week and a half till the September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Make plans to come, bring a Porsche friend. Saturday, September 25th - 9am to noonish...
ConeDodger

Doin' it at the Deli! Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! Saturday September 25th - 9am to noonish... See you there.
ConeDodger

Come on down to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion! We're having a Group Buy on Donuts! September 25th - 9am to noonish!!! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.