Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optima 35?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Need to get a new battery for a 914 today and recall the 34r works but the 35 is better? Is it just the 35 or is it the 35r?
mepstein
Don't know which is better but there pretty cheap at Costco.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 27 2010, 10:00 AM) *

Don't know which is better but there pretty cheap at Costco.

I get them at cost from the distributor. Thanks though, I'm sure someone needs to know that beerchug.gif
RFoulds
Come on everyone! I need to know this too! Which Optima Battery is the correct fit for the 914????

I do need to buy one today. and was going to post this as well.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
mepstein
I had a thread on this a couple months ago and the consenses was both will probably work. They have almost the same dimentions and as long as your battery cables will reach then you are good. The Costco in my area only carried a 35.
kkid
Check this site and you will get an answer you want.

http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/index.html

I got 35. It's much lighter than 34/34R and negative post is closer to the firewall and can be under the rain tray.
kkid
Forgot to mention, you need an adapter to install 35. It comes with a battery for free if you request. Don't know if 34 needs the adapter though.
RFoulds
thanks. what does the adapter do?
tod914
35 is slightly smaller and about 8 pounds lighter if I recall. That's what's in my current car. Prefer it over the 34R. The 35 and 34R have the terminals in the same location.
Vysoc

I have purchased two Red Top 35's from Costco. First one was for my 911SC, I fabricated a bottom brace from a simple piece of 1" angle to help snug down the battery. The 35 fit fine in the 914, It does not appear to be moving around but I need to make the base fit a little bit more snug. I will mess with some custom pieces to really secure it.

Vysoc rolleyes.gif
PeeGreen 914
The 35 just showed up at the shop. I will be picking it up tonight after I get off work. I was just told it came with a few plastic pieces so maybe it now automatically comes with something to make it fit. confused24.gif

I'll let you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.