Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 goes to the Mall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
So last weekend I met up with the local pinky lifters on their way for a nice Saturday drive. I was glad I made the trip up to say hi, but had to decline on the rest of the route to Port Townsend.
Green car got very hot (again) started missing badly (again) blue smoke screen (again) and also loss of brakes (ooh that is new) on the offramp on the way home. I have experienced that on the track but never on the open road and it was scary as hell! Leaky stripped bleeder screw was to blame on that last one...

anyway it was good to be out and about with car people again, even if it was short lived. This coming Saturday there is a car show and Fly in for Labor Day out at the Bremerton Airport, if you can, stop by.
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 28 2010, 12:22 PM) *

So last weekend I met up with the local pinky lifters on their way for a nice Saturday drive. I was glad I made the trip up to say hi, but had to decline on the rest of the route to Port Townsend.
Green car got very hot (again) started missing badly (again) blue smoke screen (again) and also loss of brakes (ooh that is new) on the offramp on the way home. I have experienced that on the track but never on the open road and it was scary as hell! Leaky stripped bleeder screw was to blame on that last one...

anyway it was good to be out and about with car people again, even if it was short lived. This coming Saturday there is a car show and Fly in for Labor Day out at the Bremerton Airport, if you can, stop by.

Was that a PCA run? That looks like my dads black 911... He lives in Port Orchard.
messix
hot... again?
carbs? f/i?

oh and hi how you doin? beerchug.gif
dinomium
I am doing pretty good Troy, thanks for asking! The car is carbed and they are just not happy and running rich, but the temp and blue smoke screen has me a little concerned.
sixnotfour
just a suggestion
A coworker has a 91 miata all the service has been done, new shocks, runs drives great.
oh its for sale
messix
go get o'l smokey from dave and see how that runs.
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 28 2010, 05:05 PM) *

just a suggestion
A coworker has a 91 miata all the service has been done, new shocks, runs drives great.
oh its for sale

Now that is just mean that is...
And Troy, I already HAVE an ol' smokey of my very own...
DNHunt
Smokey is just sitting in the garage. I turn it over by hand every now and then. It's always available on loan but I'll always want it back cause it numbers matches.

I hate tightening bleed screws. I always think just a little tighter and then it's too tight and it leaks.

I may run up to Bremerton for part of the day. I've been staying pretty close to home cause Betsy is undergoing breast cancer treatment. SHE IS DOING REALLY WELL and her prognosis is excellent. I have a few more duties around here right now so, plans have to be flexible.

Dave

EdwardBlume
Tough day.. keep that pinky up!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 28 2010, 04:05 PM) *

just a suggestion
oh its for sale

He'd have to loosen up his wrists though... laugh.gif
Eddie914
Dave,

Best wishes for Betsy!

Eddie
dinomium
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Aug 28 2010, 01:01 PM) *

Was that a PCA run? That looks like my dads black 911... He lives in Port Orchard.

Is your dad the local PCA President? The owner is and a really nice guy. They are all great to hang out with in the Olympic Region, I must say
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Aug 29 2010, 05:59 AM) *

Smokey is just sitting in the garage. I turn it over by hand every now and then. It's always available on loan but I'll always want it back cause it numbers matches.

I hate tightening bleed screws. I always think just a little tighter and then it's too tight and it leaks.

I may run up to Bremerton for part of the day. I've been staying pretty close to home cause Betsy is undergoing breast cancer treatment. SHE IS DOING REALLY WELL and her prognosis is excellent. I have a few more duties around here right now so, plans have to be flexible.

Dave

She is in our thoughts and Prayers, Dave. I just saw this, if you need any thing at all please give me a ring.
messix
Dave give her my best. my prayers are with you guys!
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 30 2010, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Aug 28 2010, 01:01 PM) *

Is your dad the local PCA President? The owner is and a really nice guy. They are all great to hang out with in the Olympic Region, I must say

Lol... No, but he has a nice black 911 Targa, lives in your area and does a lot with the local PCA group... His name is Dan.
6freak

Eric Breidenbach ...Black 911 owner
VaccaRabite
Running hot - heads or oil?
How is your timing?

Zach
dinomium
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 31 2010, 01:45 PM) *

Running hot - heads or oil?
How is your timing?

Zach

oil temp has a gauge so I know that it is hot, to check the heads I need a new IR laser thermometer...
I have set then timing as close as I can, I dont have a dwell angle reader. New plugs, cap, rotor, wires and points...
VaccaRabite
Valves? Are they set right? The last time they were set were nay of them tight?
What are your compression numbers?
Remember, check compression on a warm engine with the throttle open.
Blue smoke is oil in the gas, I think. Or running really rich. Could be getting blow-by through the rings.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.