Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust is my friend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Two weeks ago I lost the keys to the X1/9. mad.gif I drive myself crazy looking for them. I tear the house and garage apart. Twice. I have to make myself stop looking. confused24.gif I am OCD and it blew my mind that I could lose the keys. I avoided the garage and didn't even want to drive Elvira.

So today I am loading the washing machine. As I glance down, something catches my eye. I pull back the rubber seal and I see rust. WTF.gif I pull it back more and jam my hand in the crack. smilie_pokal.gif The missing keys. piratenanner.gif

This is the first time in my history as a 914 owner that rust is my friend. blink.gif
I doubt I would have found the keys without the rust stain.

Click to view attachment

Coins, buttons, paper clips, lighters . . . . everything else has always ended up either in the bottom of the drum or on top of the seal. (nothing else was in the fold with the keys)

And now for even more irony headbang.gif
The entire time the keys were less than 5 feet from where they belonged. hissyfit.gif
Click to view attachment
McMark
That is the biggest key rack I've ever seen! laugh.gif

Oh, and Yay for Rust! first.gif
bandjoey
Ok first you need to soda blast that puppy and then wire wheel the heck out of that nasty spot. Check the hell hole under the drum and order repatch plates from whirlpool. While waiting on that order to come in POR15 the hell everywhere you can get a brush into. Borrow the welder from the neighbor being sure to use weld through Tide. Weld in the new metal. Grind. Paint. Buff. Stand back and admire your handicraft. And don't forget to post the restoration pictures from time to time.
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif first.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 28 2010, 06:23 PM) *

laugh.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 28 2010, 07:23 PM) *

And red enough the little dog thinks it is a fire hydrant. biggrin.gif
jcb29
John - listen to what Bill has to say. He's speaking from experience.
bandjoey
QUOTE(jcb29 @ Aug 28 2010, 10:12 PM) *

Yep. After the dog pooped out my key a couple of days later, you should have seen what the vet did on his restoration. OUCH! aktion035.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jcb29 @ Aug 28 2010, 08:12 PM) *

....... Borrow the welder from the neighbor being sure to use weld through Tide.......

No I do not have a welder........ and yes the neighbor does. shades.gif

spooky music
Vysoc
Damn front load washers! One more reason not to like them...they are harder to find lost keys in!!!

Vysoc

I have no reason to hate them other than my wife is pushing for one.
davesprinkle
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 29 2010, 10:17 AM) *

Damn front load washers! One more reason not to like them...they are harder to find lost keys in!!!

Vysoc

I have no reason to hate them other than my wife is pushing for one.

My front-loader ties everything into knots.
Elliot Cannon
You have a washer and dryer?? av-943.gif
trojanhorsepower
That's the worst pun I've heard all day.

Glad you found your keys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.