Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rust is my friend, and other tales of irony
VegasRacer
post Aug 28 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #1

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

Two weeks ago I lost the keys to the X1/9. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I drive myself crazy looking for them. I tear the house and garage apart. Twice. I have to make myself stop looking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I am OCD and it blew my mind that I could lose the keys. I avoided the garage and didn't even want to drive Elvira.

So today I am loading the washing machine. As I glance down, something catches my eye. I pull back the rubber seal and I see rust. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) I pull it back more and jam my hand in the crack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) The missing keys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

This is the first time in my history as a 914 owner that rust is my friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
I doubt I would have found the keys without the rust stain.

Attached Image

Coins, buttons, paper clips, lighters . . . . everything else has always ended up either in the bottom of the drum or on top of the seal. (nothing else was in the fold with the keys)

And now for even more irony (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
The entire time the keys were less than 5 feet from where they belonged. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:56 PM