Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picture of fuse board under dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kfish914
Can some one please take a picture of the backside of the fuse board that is under the dash? I need to know which relay is missing. In putting things back together i have three relays and my old mind can't remember which one is right.

I tried the search but no luck, I'm sure it is the user sad.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
To further the SHAMELESS self promotion of my book the "Tech Tips 700" which Road and Track in their review said that "no 914 owner should be without" There is a labeled picture on page 82
\

QUOTE(kfish914 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:43 AM) *

Can some one please take a picture of the backside of the fuse board that is under the dash? I need to know which relay is missing. In putting things back together i have three relays and my old mind can't remember which one is right.

jim_hoyland
Here is what George is referring to. The Tech Tips 700 books is one of the best resources to the 914. I've had mine over 10 years and still refer to it. Many of the basic questions asked on this board can be answered from this book. Pictures are used extensively to illustrate.
realred914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 2 2010, 08:31 AM) *

To further the SHAMELESS self promotion of my book the "Tech Tips 700" which Road and Track in their review said that "no 914 owner should be without" There is a labeled picture on page 82
\

With help like that, who needs the internet!

the hanyns manual has a photo on or about page 128 figure 9.22

the photo shows the back of the fuse plate. from the left side, there is the large can (buzzer) not all years had a buzzer. next is small realy can for the "Auxilary headlights" then the next small realy can if for the "fresh air fan" the final realy on the right side is the big rectangular can for the "light Dimmer" (high beams)

hope this helps, no shamefull self promotion here.
kfish914
Wow guys thanks,

In the Tech tip book does any one have the part number for the turn signal relay?

I will have to pick up one of those books.
bandjoey
Top of this page you are on now...914 Info...download the PET parts list. Has the picture and number of every part on the car.

See? Didn't need the tech book for that one. happy11.gif Whoops,,, it's not there. I'll get a link and post it for you in a few.
bandjoey
Thanks Andy for getting the link up. Can it be added to 914 info above?
SirAndy
You can download the PET PDF directly from Porsche:

(right click on the link and select 'save as ...')
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...USA_KATALOG.pdf

shades.gif Andy
underthetire

\

Your just gonna force me in to buying one on my next order, aren't you. chair.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It is just nice to have a handy reference book. I worked on this book for two years every vacation day as I would not be disturbed on those days by the constant phones ringing. I tried to think of every quirk about the 914 as an old car based on my over 30 year (back then) love affair with them. I held nothing back, like many mechanics do not revealing their secrets, and it just worked!
I am sure that by now so many have read it that there is a lot of the knowledge shared and out there on the internet (Pelican copied a lot) but my book is copyrighted and in concise order for easy referrel, and there is no mis information like we get a lot these days by 914 want to bes!!!

Sort of like having the owners manual. A compliment to the car.
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 2 2010, 02:58 PM) *

\

Your just gonna force me in to buying one on my next order, aren't you. chair.gif

underthetire
I see you have a second edition on Evilbay pretty cheap. Would I miss a bunch of good stuff buying the older version?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 2 2010, 03:48 PM) *

I see you have a second edition on Evilbay pretty cheap. Would I miss a bunch of good stuff buying the older version?

Yes actually all of the tech procedures are in the latest edition. The only reason we have the earlier additions in stock is because we found a couple of boxes after we reprinted the new. Both are great though.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It's a beautiful site.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 2 2010, 08:41 AM) *

Here is what George is referring to. The Tech Tips 700 books is one of the best resources to the 914. I've had mine over 10 years and still refer to it. Many of the basic questions asked on this board can be answered from this book. Pictures are used extensively to illustrate.

pete
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2010, 05:03 PM) *

You can download the PET PDF directly from Porsche:

(right click on the link and select 'save as ...')
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...USA_KATALOG.pdf

shades.gif Andy

Andy, how did you find that link? Is there one for the 1974?
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete @ Sep 3 2010, 11:45 AM) *
Andy, how did you find that link? Is there one for the 1974?

Got the download link from here:
http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...partscatalogue/

The PET is for all years. 70-76 ...
shades.gif Andy
RJMII
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 2 2010, 04:54 PM) *

Yes actually all of the tech procedures are in the latest edition. The only reason we have the earlier additions in stock is because we found a couple of boxes after we reprinted the new. Both are great though.

huh? no link to your eBay auction?

I'm contemplating getting a 914 to keep all stock, to go with my twin turbo axis powers project. smile.gif

Ken, (another plug for another vendor) Have you checked out engman's fuse panels? I've got one in my car, and they are GREAT! No more rolling fuses. biggrin.gif They use the light up spade types!
jt914-6
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 3 2010, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 2 2010, 04:54 PM) *

huh? no link to your eBay auction?

I'm contemplating getting a 914 to keep all stock, to go with my twin turbo axis powers project. smile.gif

Ken, (another plug for another vendor) Have you checked out engman's fuse panels? I've got one in my car, and they are GREAT! No more rolling fuses. biggrin.gif They use the light up spade types!

agree.gif
The Engman fuse panel is one of the best upgrades you can do to your teener..... smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.