Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flywheel specifications
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I am about to do a clutch change on my 2.0 4cyl. Recently on one of Ripper911 threads, Slits posted a link showing the specs for the flywheel. I think that sheet is for the 6. I found the same drawing in the 6 workshop manual. Problem is I have 3 flywheels and according to that sheet, all are worn out. The sheet shows 11mm to be the wear limit on Dimension "C". Mine are all less than 8mm. I have doubts that all have been worked on that many times. Is there a different specifications sheet for a 4 cyl flywheel? Here is a copy of the one I have:

Click to view attachment
JFJ914
It is for a 6 flywheel. The "C" dimension applies only to the 6. I have a brand new 4 flywheel and it's not even close to "C" I believe the flywheel can be resurfaced to the 3 relief holes with out a problem.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Sep 3 2010, 09:41 AM) *

It is for a 6 flywheel. The "C" dimension applies only to the 6. I have a brand new 4 flywheel and it's not even close to "C" I believe the flywheel can be resurfaced to the 3 relief holes with out a problem.

Thanks John. That is reassuring.
Cap'n Krusty
When the heads of the flywheel bolts hit the hub of the disc, you'll know you've got "C" to small ........................ If the bolts you removed have the little lip ground off, it's probably time to toss the flywheel.

The Cap'n
bobhasissues
Have a PDF of it on my home computer. Will forward it tonight if you don't get it sooner.
bobhasissues
Looks like I have the same specs, someone gave me this in reference to a 914-4 flywheel.
I have an uncut newish and a resurfaced (more than once) flywheel around here somewhere. Jake just returned the resurfaced one from dynamic balancing and said it still had one resurface left in it so consider it close to the minimum spec. For your reference, I will give you measurements from both later tonight.

Click to view attachment

I was able to take the following measurements off the two flywheels (these are not absolutely precise).

New (3500 mile) Uncut Flywheel
A=.900=22.86mm
C=.446=11.328mm

Resurfaced Flywheel
A=.890=22.61mm
C=.400=10.16mm

C was measured from the clutch contact surface (see lower measuring point for A), not from the next step down (which isn't depicted very well in the drawing).
I hope this helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.