Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
poorsche914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 13 2010, 07:47 PM) *
The right front caliper was sticking on my 914. I pushed the pistons back in about 10 times and it hasn't stuck since then.

At this point I would be afraid to drive it a mile down the road let alone 60 miles to Vonore not knowing if the brakes will work properly or not. I did push the pistons out a few times and they seemed to loosen up but can't be sure what might happen when driving.
Plus, the accelerator pedal rod pops off after a few minutes of using it due to the fact that I had to bolt the pedal to the rusted floor with a single bolt/washers combo. One of the original bolts is rusted to the floor and the other is broken off. So the pedal twists a bit and the rod pops off. sad.gif
poorsche914
Update:

Used some PBlaster on the front caliper and so far, seems to be working correctly piratenanner.gif

Bought a multimeter and began troubleshooting. Began with the fuses. Lo and behold, two of them had no continuity even though they looked good. Did have some corrosion on the ends, however. Swapped out with good fuses and the gauges, wipers, etc are working again cheer.gif

Engine starts and runs though a bit smoky. Idles good but will only rev very slowly confused24.gif
I can bring it up to around 3k. A few loud back fires resulted. When I let off the gas, the RPMs come down slowly.

Guess it's time I adjust the valves, check timing, etc rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.