Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Original 1.7L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mtndawg
Sold

My 914 is (almost) all original with a few improvements. I replaced the sound barrier with improved rubber and the rear trunk rollers are brass. Otherwise it's totally original 1.7L with djet fuel injection. I'm selling because I'm ready to move to a new project. Hopefully I can find someone to appreciate how clean this is. I bought it from the second owner who kept it in his garage and he bought it from the original owner who also garaged it. I have the original sales receipt. Yes...under the rocker panels looks as good as the rest of the car.

$5500

New Rubber fuel lines (correct metric sizes)
New fuel filter
New fuel tank screen (sock)
Like new fuel injectors from Fuel Injection Corp
New fuel pressure regulator
New engine bay rubber
New head temp sensor
New vaccuum hoses (correct metric sizes)
New front and rear main seals
New transmission seal
New valve lifter tube seals
New clutch, throwout bearing, pressure plate
New clutch cable
New bushings on shift linkage
New tires
New rear passenger wheel bearing
Rebuilt rear calipers
Rebuilt pedal assembly
Manifold pressure sensor holds vacuum
Machined flywheel
Engine compartment is clean with no rust
Inside of fuel tank has been treated and is totally clean
Rocker panels are powdercoated
Wheels polished and painted factory silver (Thanks Al Weidman!)
Original Saturn Yellow

Send me a message if you want to look at it or just talk about 914's! I'm in the Sacramento area.
914runnow
Vin? and appears to be a mid production build.....
Front bumperetts removed?..1973...
(black carpet thresholds and larger vents)....
appears to be a nice car...
mtndawg
VIN: 4732925891
Build: June 1973
I have the front bumperettes, I just like the look without them.
chuckc
Looks nice.
Any rust or rust repair done?
How many miles?
Engine or trans ever rebuilt?
Any leaks?

Good luck.
mtndawg
Rust: I replaced the battery tray with a new one because it was rusted. Under the battery I cleaned, etched, sealed the metal with POR15, put seam sealer on the seams and painted. It's perfect. I just wanted to make it as impervious to water as I could. It looks like new around and under the battery. It's always garaged.

Mileage: My odometer doesn't work. I recently took the gauges out and decided I would leave the odometer alone. The guy I bought the car from said he used to see it in a storage unit for years and years when he visited his own storage unit. He asked the original owner how long it had been there in storage and she told him 20 years. I have the registration cards for the 70's and 80's that seem to support that. Yes, I have the first registration card when it was sold new. I've been through every inch of this car and it's very original. The rubber seals on the engine were bad, so I replaced them. It gets 25+ mpg.

Rebuilt: Nothing has been rebuilt to my knowledge. I get about 1 small drop of oil on the garage floor every 2 weeks or so. The engine runs great and transmission shifts smoothly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.