Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for high lift floor jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Need a source for decent quality floor jack that will lift at least 23". 914-6 needs to be fairly high and if the car is raised most jacks will not reach bottom of engine. Amazingly all auto parts stores carry jacks that max out at about 20".
Harbor Freight used to have a tall one but it was discontinued. I pulled two engines over the weekend and reinstalled one and I used a rental jack that had me playing games to make it work....hassle and dangerous. Never again ....
Thanks for leads
Help please !
bandjoey
I use the HF 3ton floor jack. It lifts to 20" and I always use wood between the jack and the motor and it works ok. I've seen others use their motorcycle jacks. I used their lift table once too. It lifts to wast high.
Mark Henry
I got a good used 7000lbs lift for a 1000 bones off of Kijiji (like craigslist).
I'm never looking back...I drop my engines on a 40" high roll around table now.
Rleog
The Bird Board lists a jack by AC Hydraulic that goes from 3.5 in to 29 in. It's a bit pricey.
sixaddict
FAct is I just bit the bullet on AC jack...life is too short and to valuable to waste on a crummy jack...Chinese cvrap is exactly that. When I posted it said temporarly unavailabe but site was out of date ..>Hated to spend that much but better than to suffere through another change without right equipment. Now I will surely find a cheaper one! sheeplove.gif

QUOTE(Rleog @ Sep 7 2010, 12:03 PM) *

The Bird Board lists a jack by AC Hydraulic that goes from 3.5 in to 29 in. It's a bit pricey.

pcar916
Here you go!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/tools/AC-Hydraulic1.htm

Good luck
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Sep 7 2010, 04:31 PM) *

And, like many things at Pelican, it is currently unavailable.

I wish they would take the things down from their website if they did not have them for sale.

Zach
elmonte
Wayne ran this thread in June

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...back-stock.html

Maybe give them a call

Cheers

p.s. got some AC hydraulic jack stands (very good quality) from these guys about 5 yrs ago.

http://www.asedeals.com/Ranger_floor_jacks.html
sixaddict
It said unavail;able but sales checked and it wsa it stock...I hope
StratPlayer
Bit spendy, not sure if this is what you had in mind..

http://www.handsontools.com/Norco-71155B-1...ack_p_4883.html
914rat
If you are under a car a lot ,a mid rise lift makes it a lot easier on a 53 year old fat guy like me.They run $1500-$2000.Dropping an engine is almost fun.Set the engine on a cradle unbolt and disconnect everything,raise the car and roll out the engine.Makes routine brake jobs,tire rotations,valve adjustments, and oil changes easier too.The only problem is friends and relatives want you to move your project every time they need brakes or an oil change.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914rat @ Sep 8 2010, 02:41 PM) *

If you are under a car a lot ,a mid rise lift makes it a lot easier on a 53 year old fat guy like me.They run $1500-$2000.Dropping an engine is almost fun.Set the engine on a cradle unbolt and disconnect everything,raise the car and roll out the engine.Makes routine brake jobs,tire rotations,valve adjustments, and oil changes easier too.The only problem is friends and relatives want you to move your project every time they need brakes or an oil change.

Got a picture of a cradle... smile.gif
914rat
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 8 2010, 02:43 PM) *

I just used a wooden dolly with a 6x6 on one end and a 4x4 on the other to rest the engine on.You just got to space them properly to get the engine and tranny to sit level.Screwed the wood together from under the dolly.
Steve
Bendpack scissor lift. Best $1500 bucks I ever spent.
sixaddict
Jim:
Shoot me your email address..and I will do it ..This thing is a dream ...MAkes the process very clean..MAy have bought it direct ..Pelican may also offer.
Terry

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 8 2010, 02:43 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.