PanelBilly
What the car looked like this morning
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

What it looked like by the end of the day

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It all started last Tuesday when I got the call that the paint shop had an opening. Every night this week I've stripped off parts and this morning I drove the bare bones car to the shop. One part after another came off. The only thing I have left to do is pull the fuel tank so I can get the wipper assembly out and pull the air intake "mesh". I'm having a tough time with the interior trim for the targa bar. All but one of the screws is stripped and I guess I need to drill them out. We can paint around the peice, but it would be nice to have it out for resetting the glass.
JRust
Kick ass Billy piratenanner.gif Looks like you are moving quick with it
914Sixer
Your moving a lot faster than I am on my LE
EdwardBlume
git er dunn !! sawzall-smiley.gif
914werke
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 12 2010, 05:34 AM) *

Your moving a lot faster than I am on my LE

And Me biggrin.gif

Nice !
JeffBowlsby
Thats the way Billy...exactly what 14500 needed...thumb3d.gif

Will be excited to see how it turns out.
PanelBilly
The body work is underway and I need to give credit to my friend Tim who is doing the worrk.

Click to view attachment

and here's the first stage of the paint work

Click to view attachment

now I've been cleaning parts and doing some repairs. Here's the window fuzzy that wipe the glass as it slides up and down.

Before

Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment
JRust
Awesome Billy! You are flying on this one
Root_Werks
Wow!

The LE's around here seem to multiply!

Cool thread!
EdwardBlume
Keep it up and you'll be COTM.. this month... [font=Arial]
PanelBilly
Waiting for the painted car to come back, I'm assembling everything I can so it will be ready to go on the car

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
AZ914
Purty!! piratenanner.gif
bembry
Dang--it already looked great (to me at least!) smile.gif
nsr-jamie
Thats a lot of work done in one day....I love those colors!! Hope you keep updating this post from time to time. Cheers
PanelBilly
Another long weekend of work. Steve came over Friday night and we got the fuel tank emptied and the engine preped to be pulled.
Sunday morning the engine came out and here it is ready to laod in the van and take home Click to view attachment

Having it on a stand make the work alot easier.
This is the before photot just before I stripped off most of the top of the engine.

Click to view attachment

The engine cavity is in good shape, but with everything out it will be easier to work in there.
The metal is in better shape than it looks. The wall just has glue on it.

Click to view attachment

I needed to pull the tank to get the winshield wipers out. I broke the rubber support for the assembly, just like I did on my last car.
When I turned the bolt the rubber twisted and snapped. Its got to be one of the hardest bolts to remove on these cars.
Now the area were the winder come out of the cowl can be properly preped for paint.

Click to view attachment

raw1298
I can't wait to see the finished car. Inspires me to see progress being made!!
Eric_Shea
Awesome! smilie_pokal.gif

Is the GT done?
PanelBilly
The blue car is moving ahead slowly. Seems I'm always waiting for parts. I'm working on the list of replacement items I need for the LE and I'm going to order them all at once.
PanelBilly
The body is all in primer. The plastic will be cut away next and the trunks and engine compartment will be painted

Click to view attachment
JRust
Nice Billy! You may just have your back before me dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.