Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1975 914 1.8 3rd owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Vanilla133
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI am having to sell my baby due to medical bills. I bought this car from the 2nd owners 2 years ago. I have all records since 1978. The car is in great shape and still has all stock motor with fuel injection in tact. This car could be a daily driver for someone if needed...it is that dependable and runs great. I have all stock bumpers and steering wheel etc. if someone wanted to put this car back to the original style. The only rust the car had when I bought it was a little under the rockers as the car was garaged kept but the owners didn't clean out under the rockers. The rear trunk also had a little rust. I fixed any issues I found, the hell hole looked great but I relocated the battery to the trunk anyway and installed a Optima battery.

I painted the car when I got it and put on the fiberglass bumpers. Down the road I planned on taking everything out and putting it all back original but wanted to have some fun with it for now.

Has just over 100K miles. Asking $6500 call Todd at 540-798-9006 if interested.
The car is in Roanoke, VA.
Vanilla133
150 views and no comments? Do you think I would have better luck selling it if I put it back original copper with original bumpers and all?

I was hoping the car would get at least a little interest. This is the 3rd 914 I have had and by far the nicest. I just drove it to Myrtle Beach and back this summer.
IronHillRestorations
Car looks good Todd! Color changes can turn some buyers off, as well as departures from stock styling. It's one of those gray areas. The car may be worth it as is, to the right buyer. To some guys some of the less common colors, like copper, are more desireable.

If you want to sell to this crowd, you may have better luck posting more detail shots. We all know what a 914 looks like, buyers here want details like:the battery tray and below it (aka "the hell hole"), the longitudinals with the outer rockers off, jack points, floor pans, trunk floors, engine bay, and the funky stuff that a seller might not want to point out. I'm not suggesting you are hiding anything, but to sell a car here guys want to see it all.

Good luck with the sale!
miketeener
Todd, nice car and very appealing, to me at least. Price is what sells cars in this economy. The 914's that bring good money are the dead stock originals. Once you deviate, value goes down. I have seen 914-6 conversions go for $7,000-$10,000 and hot-rod 914-4's fo for $3,000. Don't sell if you don't have to. You probably won't get want you want, but if you ever want another one like yours, you probably won't find it.. Go figure..Good luck!
angerosa
I agree with what's been said above. I like the "modernized" look of your 914 but in the demographic of people who don't mind a 914 that's been customized there are so many preference differences. Someone else might not like the direction you've gone with your customization hence it's not worth the expense to them to pay for it.
Barry Brisco
Todd, I agree with 'miketeener': for most buyers, the cars that are the closest to stock have the most value. Notice I said "most", not "all". Yes there are potential buyers for cars that have been significantly altered, as yours has, but then it becomes a matter of personal preference, and everyone's is a bit different.

I see the same thing in the 356 world: there are "outlaws" that people put serious money into but then have a hard time selling and usually cannot even come close to getting their investment back. The "all original" cars that are carefully restored and properly maintained are generally the ones with the highest market value.

Good luck with your sale.

Barry

QUOTE(miketeener @ Sep 30 2010, 10:16 AM) *

Todd, nice car and very appealing, to me at least. Price is what sells cars in this economy. The 914's that bring good money are the dead stock originals. Once you deviate, value goes down.

Vanilla133
Still up for sale...
pm sent

QUOTE(Vanilla133 @ Jan 7 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Still up for sale...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.