Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suby conversion ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigvag
Ok this is for the guys/gals who have a running suby conversion. I'm looking to put a turbo wrx or if price is right sti engine. My ? is what do you have to do to the ecu to make it work in the 914. What can your delete from the wiring harness and have the ecu still work properly.
pktzygt
QUOTE(bigvag @ Sep 19 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Ok this is for the guys/gals who have a running suby conversion. I'm looking to put a turbo wrx or if price is right sti engine. My ? is what do you have to do to the ecu to make it work in the 914. What can your delete from the wiring harness and have the ecu still work properly.

That is the question isn't it. If you do a US motor, the ecu should work if you can sort through the wiring. If you do a JDM motor which was designed for different gas, you'll proably end up with a standalone. I'm going with a EMS Stinger and wiring harness from www.outfrontmotorsports.com. These guys are familiar with the swap and can provide a bit of help. I'm sure others will reply here and renegadehybrids is an excellent source of info since they make a business out of it.

Good luck. I hope I helped a little.
bigvag
I contacted renegade they said the ecu need flashed for it to work,which they told me itsaround $1000 to do that. For that price I would go for a used stand alone.
d914
Bigkat just did a Megasquirt
I have a Stinger
there is a link out there
There are guys who modified their wire harness and out think the ecu..

That is the overview of the options, depending upon your skills..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.