Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical question 73/74 brake warning lite circuit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
I'm tracing continuity of all (!) the wires of a project car I have. I think the problem is my car is a 73 (4732914317) and I'm using is the pelican 74 color electrical diagrams; I copied one with the components labeled and say thanks... On the gauge, the brake warning lite is an instrument light powered by a blk/grn/wht wire and a brn/yel wire according to the 74 diagram. I have the blk/gen/white track 44. I don't find brn/yel but I do have brn/wht. While I'm there, there is a large diode brn/wht that I can't find the track of in the schematic.
So 1) What's the diode? Where is it connected?
2) What is the circuit from the other side of the lite? One terminal will be blk/grn/wht so what color wire should I look for, for the other terminal of the lite?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
realred914
the 73 diagram is different than the 74 diagram, they are displayed as sperate ones in the haynes book. that maybe part of the problem in tracing it.

the 73 diagram shows a brn/wht wire from both teh parking brake switch and the hydrolic brake warning switch going to the light. the one coming from teh parking light has the diode inline. Remeber the brake lamp blinks so it power comes from teh flasher relay which goes to the other side of the light that supplies the +12 volt. the switchs (brake failure and parking brake on) simply ground the light

The wire from the flasher to the light bulb should be blk/wht color. per the 1973 diagram in haynes.

hope this helps. sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif chowtime.gif driving-girl.gif confused24.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif
type47
Thanks! So the branch with the diode inline goes to the brake warning lite on a 73; the other terminal is the blk/grn/wht.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.