Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
Hello, I was just wondering if people had any pictures, thoughts and/or opinions on fixing up the pedal area. Is there someone who has dimension of the piece thats bolts (?) on to the bottom side of the floor pans? Any input would be great and pictures of the finished area would be even better!

Thanks,

Clow
EdwardBlume
The pedal area is notorious for sitting water. You can take the entire cluster out fairly easily and pay to have someone here on the site rebuild it.... the person who did mine (I forgot) did an awesome job...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 21 2010, 02:48 PM) *

The pedal area is notorious for sitting water. You can take the entire cluster out fairly easily and pay to have someone here on the site rebuild it.... the person who did mine (I forgot) did an awesome job...

Bruce

bdstone914
Drums66
...For pic's, do some search's idea.gif
bye1.gif
clow
Alright, I have done some searches but am not having much luck. Is there a certain phrase I should search? I was going off of "pedal area" and such. Does it have any other name or something that might be more successful?

Thanks,

Clow
realred914
QUOTE(clow @ Sep 21 2010, 01:40 PM) *

Hello, I was just wondering if people had any pictures, thoughts and/or opinions on fixing up the pedal area. Is there someone who has dimension of the piece thats bolts (?) on to the bottom side of the floor pans? Any input would be great and pictures of the finished area would be even better!

Thanks,

Clow

opinion here:

before you repair, check the entire rest of floor inside and out for more rust include the rocker areas and the fire wall behind the seats. looks at all low spots adnd all seams. nohting worse than fixing that one rusty spot then a month latter you find more rust and relize it all should have been replaceded together or scrapped (in extrme cases)

research for folks selling a pareted out car or check with suplier like High perfromance house for good used rust free part you can buy hwole floor pan if you see the gruond.

sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
nathansnathan
I think the word you need is 'cluster' as in pedal cluster?
I met Bruce stone, he sold me a pristine ss heat exchanger for a very reasonable price. :-) His specialty is pedal cluster restoration, though, he was saying.
I've read that it's a leaking master cylinder that does the pedal cluster in, brake fluid being no good for paint.
clow
QUOTE(realred914 @ Sep 21 2010, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(clow @ Sep 21 2010, 01:40 PM) *

Thanks,

Clow

opinion here:

before you repair, check the entire rest of floor inside and out for more rust include the rocker areas and the fire wall behind the seats. looks at all low spots adnd all seams. nohting worse than fixing that one rusty spot then a month latter you find more rust and relize it all should have been replaceded together or scrapped (in extrme cases)

Thanks for your replys. This is a full restoration. The car is completely stripped and on a rotisserie. This is the last area to fix up. I will post pictures tomorrow of whats going on with it

research for folks selling a pareted out car or check with suplier like High perfromance house for good used rust free part you can buy hwole floor pan if you see the gruond.

sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif

clow
Not too sure what happen to my last reply idea.gif

But this is what I have to work with:

Interior
Click to view attachment

Bottom side
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FourBlades
I had the same issues as you. If you look at my 1973 restoration thread somewhere around page 3 or 4 I show what I did. Not a lot of pictures but
some.

I got a piece cut from a parted out car and patched it into mine. Then I made
little patches to fill in the bottom of the footwell and the tunnel. It took some
time but worked like a champ.

When I welded in a new floor pan it all fit just right, which was pretty lucky.

In post #109 on page 6 I show how I fixed the boxed reinforcement under the pedal area.

John
NC_Colfax
I have the same problem ....I have sheet metal. It is one of the first things on my list. I have a rock hard gas pedal and I think water/dirt got into my pedal cluster.

Please snap a picture or two once you get it fixed
clow
Will do once the new piece is made! So I have everything pretty much figured out except the gas pedal bolts. Are they 2 studs that stick up from the floor?
jsayre914
QUOTE(clow @ Sep 22 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Will do once the new piece is made! So I have everything pretty much figured out except the gas pedal bolts. Are they 2 studs that stick up from the floor?

Yup, i just pulled mine out the other day, it was kinda krusty sad.gif
dlee6204
So I have everything pretty much figured out except the gas pedal bolts. Are they 2 studs that stick up from the floor?

The gas pedal itself is attached with two bolts. The pedal cluster however is attached by studs in the floor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.