Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Flapper Valve Connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
So I finally got my heat back on the car last night, but I'm unclear how to connect the little mechanical cable to the flapper valve.

It looks like a barrel bolt or something is missing? Where can I get the correct fastener -- is something available at the hardware store?

Thanks!
Rich
type47
A barrel bolt which I don't think you'll find at the hardware store.
Click to view attachment

Wow! $10 at Pelican... dry.gif
rwilner
Jim
Is that bold threaded at one end to accept a screw, which presses against the cable end?

Trying to envsion how it works.

thx
Rich
tradisrad
the cable goes through the hole in the middle and the screw (missing in pic) goes in from the end. similar to the throttle cable (maybe same part)
rwilner
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 24 2010, 10:19 AM) *

the cable goes through the hole in the middle and the screw (missing in pic) goes in from the end. similar to the throttle cable (maybe same part)

That's what i figured.

Anyone have an extra one???
slu234
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 24 2010, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 24 2010, 10:19 AM) *

That's what i figured.

Anyone have an extra one???

You can get them at the car parts store (Advance, AutoZone). I believe that they were in a box of 4 and labeled as accelerator cable connector (not sure why you would need four of them) confused24.gif

Brian
Tom_T
Common VW part also, you'll see them for much less at VW suppliers - both barrel nut & screw, or at the usual sources SMC, AA, GPR?, PP/Automotion, TC'sGarage, & yes Peli - as well as on TheSamba, evil-bay, etc.

$10 as a "Porsche" part vs. something like $2 for the "VW" part - nut/screw - or whatever $'s at FLAPS idea.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 24 2010, 02:00 PM) *

Common VW part also, you'll see them for much less at VW suppliers - both barrel nut & screw, or at the usual sources SMC, AA, GPR?, PP/Automotion, TC'sGarage, & yes Peli - as well as on TheSamba, evil-bay, etc.

$10 as a "Porsche" part vs. something like $2 for the "VW" part - nut/screw - or whatever $'s at FLAPS idea.gif

Going to try NAPA on the way home. Wish me luck
bandjoey
Autozone has about 2-3 sizes in a bag for a few $'s.
rwilner
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 24 2010, 06:49 PM) *

Autozone has about 2-3 sizes in a bag for a few $'s.

I got the variety pack at napa. I had to drill out the center hole to 13/32, after which it fit perfectly.

i think the pack cost $3 with tax.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.