Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET & ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FEST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
silver74insocal
hello socal teeners ! im in dire need of the 2 small lower engine tin pieces that cover the jugs on both sides of the engine if anybody's got em please bring em along . I also bent/broke the small flap on the bottom of the fan shroud..i know, top dollar items right? TIA Dave
oldschool
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 21 2010, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 17 2010, 11:19 AM) *

I plan on being there. driving.gif

Ravi

Ravi,
What time are you planning to be there?
Cesar

I plan on being there early. I have to be back home early.

Ravi

Ravi let me know what time you cruzing by I'm right of the 210/or 10 we can head out together evilgrin.gif
Heeltoe914
5 of us buyer will be at the gate at 6;30 to help with parking and crowd control. Ron shell I pick up some coffee and Donuts???

Really than we move out to the other swap at 10 am... see ya early I hope.
SLITS
Fat pills are always welcome. If necessary, we will rob the local Winchells store.

I always have two coffee makers at the swap. I may need to clean mine that I bring from the house as I believe in "Cowboy Coffee" as in never clean the pot as it ruins the taste. The glass is almost black from the oils ... yuuuummmmmm. Maybe I should just pick up another one.

If you have something against cheap Juban coffee, then you might want to bring your own.

I don't do Fru-Fru flavored coffee either. You want fruits or nuts in yours; crush your own. Yeeeeeech!

C-Ya Sunday ......
Eric_Shea
Called to lodge a complaint but I got... rejected. sad.gif
lucky25

Ravi

Ravi,
Cesar

What time are the west end guys leaving I would like to join in cruise
Lucky25
phatnine11
QUOTE(lucky25 @ Oct 22 2010, 08:36 AM) *

Ravi

Ravi,
Cesar

Lucky25

Lucky25,
I need to find out when everyone will be heading out. Ravi is planning on an early arrival and there's a place for breakfast in Rancho that we could meet at. Silver74inscal and I are flexible on the time. The place that I'm thinking about is called Brandon's, they are located in a small shopping center on the south/east corner of Base line and Carnelian(?). Ravi, head East on the 210 exit on Carnelian, head south until you get to Baseline. Brandon's is past the Smart and Final store. Lucky25, I will keep you posted on Sunday's drive.
76-914
I need a trashed out first gear slider to make a tranny tool. rolleyes.gif If anyone has one bring it. Or, I can mooch a tranny alignment jig from anyone willing to bring it. PS I have an empty seat it anyone needs a ride up there.
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 22 2010, 06:34 AM) *

Called to lodge a complaint but I got... rejected. sad.gif

Uhhhhhhh, it's set to reject anything north of Barstow.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 22 2010, 12:57 PM) *

I need a trashed out first gear slider to make a tranny tool. rolleyes.gif If anyone has one bring it. Or, I can mooch a tranny alignment jig from anyone willing to bring it. PS I have an empty seat it anyone needs a ride up there.

T H O M A S might be able to help you with the first gear slider. Give him shout. Won't the bike be in the passenger seat? biggrin.gif
Toast
Looking for both rear sail panel trim in very nice condition. The wide pieces that go from targa top to rear trunk along the sail.
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 22 2010, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 22 2010, 12:57 PM) *

T H O M A S might be able to help you with the first gear slider. Give him shout. Won't the bike be in the passenger seat? biggrin.gif

I'm thinking about bringing my pick up. Is that lazy or what?
oldschool

Ravi

Ravi,
Cesar

Lucky25

that's sound like a plan chowtime.gif I can meet - up with youall if I don't get up late... yellowsleep[1].gif
Als914
I can stake the claim that I was the earliest to arrive aktion035.gif ... I showed up today and you all weren't there, thinking it was Sunday, the 24th. WTF.gif It's Saturday! How silly is that shades.gif ???!!!

See you all SUNDAY beer.gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 22 2010, 06:53 PM) *

Ravi

Ravi,
Cesar

Lucky25

that's sound like a plan chowtime.gif I can meet - up with youall if I don't get up late... yellowsleep[1].gif

I plan to leave San Dimas at 6:00 am. i can meet up with you at a common place of your choosing.

Ravi
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Oct 22 2010, 09:32 AM) *

Ravi

Ravi,
Cesar

Lucky25

Lucky25,
I need to find out when everyone will be heading out. Ravi is planning on an early arrival and there's a place for breakfast in Rancho that we could meet at. Silver74inscal and I are flexible on the time. The place that I'm thinking about is called Brandon's, they are located in a small shopping center on the south/east corner of Base line and Carnelian(?). Ravi, head East on the 210 exit on Carnelian, head south until you get to Baseline. Brandon's is past the Smart and Final store. Lucky25, I will keep you posted on Sunday's drive.

that sounds good. what time do you want to meet there?
Brando
Not sure if I'll be going after all. There may not be ribs & beer sad.gif
bdstone914
Any final parts request by people? If so post them here or PM me and I can bring what I have.
garyb
I will be there looking to buy a nice 914.
So if you have one for sale let me know.
Thanks
Gary
moparrob
I'll be there - looking for the last few bits to get my car on the road.

I am in need of the following items, if anyone might have them:

two license plate light fixtures (for '70 - '74)

A front bumper without tits

Front valance

Passenger side sun visor

Emergency brake cable(long one – passenger side)

The front bumper and valance don’t need to be perfect. I do prefer a painted bumper for my project, and I’m going to try to modify them for a front oil cooler as shown:
IPB Image

Thanks. See you all tomorrow.

Rob

jim_hoyland
I'm bringing:

1. Pair of ramps rated at 6,500 lbs each

2. Under dash AC unit with excellent motors and new vents. Some of the A/C components were removed though

3. A sheet approx 2 x 4 of sound deading lead/foam. Bought at West Marine and have some left over. A superior material

4. Genuine Porsche Tire guage on hose, never used.

5. Dash cover/pad never used
moparrob
QUOTE(moparrob @ Oct 23 2010, 03:34 PM) *

I'll be there - looking for the last few bits to get my car on the road.

I am in need of the following items, if anyone might have them:

two license plate light fixtures (for '70 - '74)

A front bumper without tits

Front valance

Passenger side sun visor

Emergency brake cable(long one – passenger side)

The front bumper and valance don’t need to be perfect. I do prefer a painted bumper for my project, and I’m going to try to modify them for a front oil cooler as shown:
IPB Image

Thanks. See you all tomorrow.

Rob

Oh, I almost forgot.

I'm also looking for a front oil cooler with AN16 fittings that will fit the 914. Possibly a Mazda RX-7 cooler. PM me with pictures if you have anything fitting that description with a price so that I can bring some $$$.

Thanks

76-914
Damn Elliot, it looks like I am bringing the 914 after all. Maybe a folding bicycle should be standard equipment for 914's. lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif
Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:50 AM) *

Any final parts request by people? If so post them here or PM me and I can bring what I have.

just those tin pieces and flapper i posted about earlier, i also discovered i am missing an oil drain plug on that 75 engine thanks Bruce!! Dave
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 23 2010, 06:21 PM) *

Damn Elliot, it looks like I am bringing the 914 after all. Maybe a folding bicycle should be standard equipment for 914's. lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif
Click to view attachment

I was hoping it would fit in mine. biggrin.gif

dlo914
See ya guys in the morning.
computers4kids
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 23 2010, 03:51 PM) *

I'm bringing:

1. Pair of ramps rated at 6,500 lbs each

2. Under dash AC unit with excellent motors and new vents. Some of the A/C components were removed though

3. A sheet approx 2 x 4 of sound deading lead/foam. Bought at West Marine and have some left over. A superior material

4. Genuine Porsche Tire guage on hose, never used.

5. Dash cover/pad never used

Hi Jim!
If you don't find any takers on the AC unit I could be interested. I have a nice unit, but would love new vents. Have a great time today.
I had planned on bringing front and rear bumper tops, a rear chrome bumper, fog lights and a set of 2ltr stainless exhchangers...but got pretty sick on Saturday. hissyfit.gif
jim_hoyland
A big thanks to Ron and Glen for hosting the best 914 swapmeet west of Hersey. A surprising number of 914s shows and there were the usual hidden gems for sale, plus a great group of old and new friends. I sold the A/C Mark.
jim_hoyland
Elliot made the trip in soon-to-be 6 from Paso Robles and demo'd the canvas top....nice ! smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Some of the parts spread out early..
jim_hoyland
Saw a couple of retired 914's...both are in VIN database
jim_hoyland
Glen picked up this 914 for a project. Nice 76 in pretty good condition... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Some of the 914's that showed...
jim_hoyland
More...
jim_hoyland
more..
jim_hoyland
and..
Steve
Thanks Ron and Glen for the awesome food and hospitality!!
It was also nice seeing everyone again. It's a rough job but somebody has to drive and fix these old cars. It mine as well be us!!
pete000
My first time to this event, was great. Even picked up some much needed stuff for my project !

Hardly ever see 914s any more and to see a huge pile in one place was fun !

Thanks !
SLITS
Glenn & I thank all that showed up for our party of friends and new acquaintences. We hope that everyone enjoyed themsleves and found what they were looking for.

For those of you that didn't make it, we might try this again in April (as usual). It all depends upon my attitude .... you know ... Mr. Abrasive. biggrin.gif

While it is shitpiles of fun for us, we hope we made it shitpiles of fun for all of you

The Las Vegas Coffee Girl wants to thank everyone for the warm welcome. You enjoys making coffee for all you silly asses (hey, she said that not me).
Rotary'14
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 24 2010, 07:23 PM) *

Glenn & I thank all that showed up for our party of friends and new acquaintences. We hope that everyone enjoyed themsleves and found what they were looking for.

For those of you that didn't make it, we might try this again in April (as usual). It all depends upon my attitude .... you know ... Mr. Abrasive. biggrin.gif

While it is shitpiles of fun for us, we hope we made it shitpiles of fun for all of you.

Had a great time BSing with the locals and making new friends. THANKS! Slits & Glenn you guys are wonderful hosts.

-Robert
76-914
Ditto. Mucho thank yews to Ron & Glen for another great 914 event; Joe Sharp for his chili (god, i'm farting like a water buffallo Joe. what'd ya put in that?) and to everyone that made the trek.
It's great to look around and see so many people enjoying these cars and sharing their experiences. T H O M A S was nice enough to bring me a thrashed out 1st gear slider which I promptly turned into a Dr Evil wrench when I got home. Thanks a kajillion THOMAS. As usual, Ron was busier than a one armed cranberry merchant. Someone always has a question or needs a part or something from Ron. I'm pretty sure that this particular event was sanctioned by the Porsche Gods. I say this because I did not witness any 914's needing a push start today. shades.gif
Baja Kevin
smile.gif This was our first time at the swap meet, and I brought every 914 part I had!!! Sandy and I had not seen that many 914's in one spot since our days in the 914 Owner's Assoc. reunions in the mid 90's. WOW!!!! We sold alot of parts and talked and met alot of nice people. And I found alot of 914 treasure for myself!!! Plan on freshing up the 2.0L this winter and fixing that leak on the trans. Looking forward to the next swap meet!!! Thanks to everyone who bought parts and sold me some cool stuff, we had a great time and enjoyed the "flesh roast"!!! My 1970 Baja Bug is not very happy about me spending so much time with the 914, but I plan to bounce around in the desert soon on Thanksgiving. Bye for now! KWJ
TROJANMAN
Did the guy in the green shirt show up wearing a satchel?

IPB Image
oldschool
w00t.gif It was very cool to see every one there,I was all set-up to shoot some footage blink.gif ...but I was having so much fun..I just let the gear rest. sad.gif Click to view attachment
Black22
Hey oldschool, I noticed the boom pole in the trunk...if we ever make it to one of these events together I'll boom for ya and we can do some interviews of these characters! What mic do you use?
Wish I coulda made it...damn work schedule....guess I should thank my lucky stars I have a schedule to complain about...I'll shut up now.
oldschool
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 24 2010, 09:50 PM) *

Hey oldschool, I noticed the boom pole in the trunk...if we ever make it to one of these events together I'll boom for ya and we can do some interviews of these characters! What mic do you use?
Wish I coulda made it...damn work schedule....guess I should thank my lucky stars I have a schedule to complain about...I'll shut up now.

Yeah man tell you the true I could of use some help, That's what my plans where.
I'm no sound man. av-943.gif
RFoulds
I made a quick stop in but it was almost noon, and most of the good stuff was gone. So I scooted over to Terry's and bought more stuff from him!
Thanks Terry!

I was suprised to see so many conversions there! usually, I don't see V-8 and 6 conversions, cuz I hang out at the PCA events too much. (snobs!)

mlthoma
Many thanks to Glenn and Ron for hosting again. I just happened to be in town for a less happy event and made my first swap meet. GREAT FUN!! Drank barrels of coffee personally made by the Las Vegas Coffee girl AKA "the most beautiful girl in the world". It was a pleasure to meet her as well as Ron, Glenn, Kevin and Jim. I also heard some great pilot stories from Elliot, saw some really nice cars and met many more great people whose names I didn't get. I bought Jim's underdash unit and some bits from Kevin, generally made a nuisance of myself and accidentally got caught in a photo ogling the #0012 orange 914-6. Thanks to all. I hope to make this event again sometime.

Mike in ABQ
Eric_Shea
How much for the pink car?
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 28 2010, 02:49 PM) *

How much for the pink car?

It was a "RARE" Peich version and priceless. You couldn't afford it unless there was a trade involved. Let's see ... Vanessa + NARM + all your money might make the down payment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.