Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Used TREMEC T5Z
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
No 914 content, but the folks here are a better forum than any other I know, so here goes:

I've got a line on a used TREMEC T5Z transmission with a Hurst shifter. The transmission has just over 5K miles on it, and the guy is asking about half of what it costs for the same thing new at Summit racing. He says he's selling it so he can put a pro-shifted TKO trans in his car (greater torque capacity, etc.)

Aside from asking him the usual questions (any leaks, noises, gear clash, jumping out of gear, etc.) is there anything I should be looking for with this trans, or is it like most other used parts (you pay your money and you take your chances")?

Thanks in advance for your time and insight!

Steve A-
Gint
No idea. But I'm interested in the following this thread and reading the responses. Here's a icon_bump.gif

I assume this is 5 speed. What's the asking price?
70_914
T-5 transmissions are known for chewing through main shaft bearings. How do I know? The "world class" T-5 in my turbo coupe T-bird crapped out for that very reason. I replaced it with a regular T-5 and called it good.

Look into a good ATF for stick shift transmissions. I run GM Synchromesh in my SHO transmission and love it. Stay away from B&M Trick Shift.
anderssj
Thanks for the replies (and the icon_bump.gif ). Asking price was 800 cash. Unfortunately the box sold while I was at a wedding this weekend sad.gif

Oh well, I'll keep looking. Besides, the delay here will give me more time for the teener biggrin.gif

Thanks again,

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.