Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8 X 16 Fuchs wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Looking at putting 8 X 16 Fuchs on rear of 914....The rear fenders have been worked out significantly but not to GT flares. Body man did magic to the extent of removing outter "lip" (not inner lip).
The wheels are 951 style which limits offset. Trying to decide if these will work....
I know folks use this wheel on front of 911 but assume I will need 7 X16. Any experience out there.
Yes I know without seeing the flare it is hard to tell but they are fairly serious .
Thanks
Terry
Rleog
I don't know if this will help, but it might. I have 8 x 16 Fuchs, 951 series with the 23 mm offset, that I'll have on the rear of mine. Facing the mounted wheel I ran a tape from the outer edge of the wheel's three o'clock position back until it contacted the trailing arm. That distance is 10.25 inches.

From the center of your hub, measure frontward, parallel to the long axis of the car, 8.5 inches (the wheel diameter from rim edge to rim edge is about 17 inches). This was the three o'clock position on my wheel. Now intersect this point with a 10.25 inch line from the trailing arm perpendicular to the long axis of the car. This marks the outer edge of the 8 x 16.

I assume that our trailing arms are in approximately the same location. This may allow you to establish a vertical plane for visualizing how far out the 8 x 16 may extend.
sixnotfour
951 8's 245/50' the burnt paint is from other fitments.
sixaddict
Thanks ...Based on pics and knowing how much wider my fenders are ...it should work. TOT

T
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 27 2010, 05:22 PM) *

951 8's 245/50' the burnt paint is from other fitments.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.