Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can some one see my 2.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
I pick up my 1975 911S from a friend about 6 years ago my plan is to get it back on the road and work on it as a work in progress,

So I pulled the motor (some people tell me ...why) anyho its done,
I would love to have some one come over and help me take a look at what needs to get done ie... top end, complete rebuild, ..etc......I realy need to start to think about the 911 Im in Pomona not to far from the drag strip
Ferg
Did you do a compression or leakdown before you pulled it? If not you should at least do a leakdown now that it's out of the car.

If it's been sitting for 6 years, plan on a minimum of a reseal and all CIS components checked and cleaned/replaced.

Is it going back in said 911 or for a 914?

Lots of things, need more detail.

Ferg
oldschool
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 28 2010, 12:49 PM) *

Did you do a compression or leakdown before you pulled it? If not you should at least do a leakdown now that it's out of the car.

If it's been sitting for 6 years, plan on a minimum of a reseal and all CIS components checked and cleaned/replaced.

Is it going back in said 911 or for a 914?

Lots of things, need more detail.

Ferg

Thanks brother it has webers, Yeah that's what I need help with.....Just want to know if any one with these skills has time to come by. aktion035.gifClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
carr914
Looks like the Shafts on the Webers have already been done - that's the main wear part. The best thing to do is after it is back in a car is take it to a facility with a chassis dyno with someone that has lots of Jets that can set it up.

What is the history on the motor?
oldschool
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 28 2010, 04:11 PM) *

Looks like the Shafts on the Webers have already been done - that's the main wear part. The best thing to do is after it is back in a car is take it to a facility with a chassis dyno with someone that has lots of Jets that can set it up.

What is the history on the motor?

Here it is, I got the car from a friend/dude I work with on movies and stuff,He got it from a dude who did not want it......long story short. last time the car was running was 1994,When I got the car one side of the weber had been removed,It look to me that water had gotten it to the carbs?..again maybe.

Funny thing I found a receipt in the glove box that shows the motor was rebuild the same year it was last on the road?

Maybe all of the bad stuff was fix (head studs)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.